• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fahrenheit

K

kaftka

I just got this game on Xbox for free (My mate left it round at my place....Idiot)

It's a great game.
In case you haven't heard about it, its sort of a third person adventure style game (anyone remember Grim Fandango? Man that was rad) revolving around three main characters, all of whom you can control.
Theres white I-murdered-someone-but-I-didn't-mean-it character, the hot but serious female investigator, and her partner in crime(fighting), the token black ex-gangsta turned man(whore) cop. It has a very intriguing storyline (even though I still have no clue on what the f***s going on.) and is played out much like a movie.
Its filled with neato little minigames to progress, and a nice system for communicatng with people using the right thumbstick. You can interact with a lot of objects/people...

Anyway, the reason I'm talking about this game is because, not too long ago I had sex with the ex (I think) ingame.

And I don't mean a little piece of sexual insinuation, implying that "yes, we shall have sex" followed by a shot of the bedroom door + screaming. No, I mean butt naked man on top full on plowing of that *****....All control with the right thumbstick of course.
Why the hell did Rockstar get in trouble for a minigame which wasn't even part of the game? This is an R16 game I'm talking about!

...Of course, you can bypass the sexual intercourse by telling her to bugger off...

...but then you don't get to reach the climax...

Great game too.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jan 17 2006, 06:07 PM
I just got this game on Xbox for free (My mate left it round at my place....Idiot)

It's a great game.
In case you haven't heard about it, its sort of a third person adventure style game (anyone remember Grim Fandango? Man that was rad) revolving around three main characters, all of whom you can control.
Theres white I-murdered-someone-but-I-didn't-mean-it character, the hot but serious female investigator, and her partner in crime(fighting), the token black ex-gangsta turned man(whore) cop. It has a very intriguing storyline (even though I still have no clue on what the f***s going on.) and is played out much like a movie.
Its filled with neato little minigames to progress, and a nice system for communicatng with people using the right thumbstick. You can interact with a lot of objects/people...

Anyway, the reason I'm talking about this game is because, not too long ago I had sex with the ex (I think) ingame.

And I don't mean a little piece of sexual insinuation, implying that "yes, we shall have sex" followed by a shot of the bedroom door + screaming. No, I mean butt naked man on top full on plowing of that *****....All control with the right thumbstick of course.
Why the hell did Rockstar get in trouble for a minigame which wasn't even part of the game? This is an R16 game I'm talking about!

...Of course, you can bypass the sexual intercourse by telling her to bugger off...

...but then you don't get to reach the climax...

Great game too.
Its an awesome game Kaftka. I have completed the game.
Btw there is four characters, all of which u play, The main Character, his brother & the two cops.

The game looks good, but it looks to complicated for me. Seen as I didn't have the money either.

It's actually suprisingly simple (so far. I'm only up to the part where you play as the main character in kid form, rescuing his brother and friends from a potential fire or something). Everything (ie. all of the complicated actions) are done semiautomatically. You just have to us the right analog stick for the actions, and actually think about things and make choices etc.
One of the early parts (where you are wanted from the cops) is you must decide whether or not to save a kid who fell into and icy lake. The catch is, there are a couple of cops not too far away, one of which was a witness to your crime. Save the boy and get seen by the cop?

Ordinarily I'd just run off in a game, but because you have to keep their emotion levels up, he'd just get depressed whereas saving the boys life would make hime feel better about himself etc.

I got a demo in November, so I've only tried escaping the cafe, but I'll admit I was addicted. Seemed to have the same 'do what you want, when you want' feel of Shenmue.

i aint a chav mate - and i aint from cardiff im from newport like - where MAGGOT is from
<

too what extent is it like shenmue like.

Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 17 2006, 11:11 PM
i aint a chav mate - and i aint from cardiff im from newport like - where MAGGOT is from 
<

too what extent is it like shenmue like.

Like I said

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Seemed to have the same 'do what you want, when you want' feel of
Shenmue.[/b]

But no, not in a go home to bed way. At least not in the demo.

that was the best part of shenumue you would go home - and ine-san would cook your supper then youd hit the hey and have a nightmare about lan-di

Lora it is like shenmue. You do go back to your home, but u go there automatically (I think)

The game is straight forward, with the actions sequences its exactly like the dancing games, just press the corresponding buttons to the on screen prompts, timing is crucial though.

The only ****le is that when u go into the action sequences, u tend to concentrate at the bottom of the screen, waiting for the next set of actions. That ****le soon goes away, coz when you completed an action scene, you can re-watch it on the main menu as a movie only, or u can re-live the sequence again.

** Air Ben if u got a game station near you they should have a 2nd hand games section. I bought a 2nd hand copy (xbox version) & it cost me £17.99, that was just a week or two from the launch of it. It had no scratches at all on it.**

Well worth a buy if your into games like Shenmue.
<

That's good news. It's been nearly5 years swince I got through Shenmue 2.

And that only took a week or 2
<

Bigger than the original, my arse.

I also heard good things about Shenmue, but at the time I had given up on my Dreamcast and went to PS2...and now I can't be bothered with it as new one will probs be better.

Thanks john, I have seen Fahrenheit (sp?) around pretty cheap but don't have the cash or something else takes my fancy.

Might have to take a look at it though, sounds pretty good.
<

theres rumours that shenmue 3 will be a mega game and include the previous two. implying that it may well be released on a ps3 - as the blue ray i more than capable of holding this much data

kaftka! What do you think of this game now that you've had it for a while?

I'm thinking about getting it, but it will have to bloody awesome because I don't know whether it will get much on TradeMe.

Well, to be honest I haven't played any games for a while... Been too busy sleeping, posting and working...

But some will love this game, others will hate it.

You control your players movement normally, and walk up to objects and interact etc... But in the action sequences you follow a pattern kind of like Simon Says where you have to push the left and right analog sticks in the direction the circles light up, and the movements happen (very cinematically) in the background. A very involving story, and would make for an interesting movie...

I recomend it, but only if adventure games like Grim Fandango etc. are your cup[ of tea.