• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fantasy Rugger - TRF pool/League

I'll get in. I expect a few more will only get in closer to kick off.

Edit: Okay, I'm in. Looks like a funny setup but one that might be interesting. Will have to revisit later on.

Last edited:
In as "the good, the truth and the beautiful". I've over done it without being horribly crude, is this a sign of growth?

Thought it might be you (okay, that and your name..).

The nickame is certainly aspirational. So if not a sign of 'growth' (it might be, who am I to judge?) then at least its a sign of wnating to grow which should be lauded all the same!

I see a good mix of nationalities there! We're short an Argentine and a Samoan still then I'd be happy with the 'turn-out'. BTW, thanks for getting it up and running, Mr Hodges. +1 (or at least it would be if you weren't the last guy I +1'ed).

I'm going to be pushing hard for a 'Fantasy rugby' category at next years' TRFies.

Last edited:
Thought it might be you (okay, that and your name..).

The nickame is certainly aspirational. So if not a sign of 'growth' (it might be, who am I to judge?) then at least its a sign of wnating to grow which should be lauded all the same!

I see a good mix of nationalities there! We're short an Argentine and a Samoan still then I'd be happy with the 'turn-out'. BTW, thanks for getting it up and running, Mr Hodges. +1 (or at least it would be if you weren't the last guy I +1'ed).

I'm going to be pushing hard for a 'Fantasy rugby' category at next years' TRFies.

Considering it's 1:45 and I'm lying in bed hungover, I'll take it!!

Joined.
I do think each player should have a cost so that you can't just pick ALL the best players!!!

Please wait there, a Kiwi will be along shortly to point out that you can't pick all the best players, you're limited to three from each nation! ;)

Edit: I don't think I've ever seen a fantasy rugby league where the players had values, I guess it would take too much time / expertise to setup. ESPN aren't the best - my lucky dip side that I'm still tweaking has Blair Cowan (who didn't make Cotter's 31) in it! The Telegraph did a league back in 1995 in which a player's value was the number of caps he had, which was interesting.

Last edited:
Please wait there, a Kiwi will be along shortly to point out that you can't pick all the best players, you're limited to three from each nation! ;)

Edit: I don't think I've ever seen a fantasy rugby league where the players had values, I guess it would take too much time / expertise to setup. ESPN aren't the best - my lucky dip side that I'm still tweaking has Blair Cowan (who didn't make Cotter's 31) in it! The Telegraph did a league back in 1995 in which a player's value was the number of caps he had, which was interesting.

Keep Blair Cowan.

Last edited:
I'm in! Quickly realised that I could slot together a team that would never actually work (double hooker front row yeeeaahhh) but could game the points system quite nicely by picking great carriers and try scorers. Then I figured that might contravene the spirit of things.

Screw the spirit of things. I wanna win!

Can you view other teams? It's none too obvious.

Annoyingly we can't see each-others teams, in the 6N one you can, it might let us when the tourney starts.

Slightly odd....would be nice if forwards got some points for doing forwardy type stuff apart from starting and making ten tackles....

Agreed. Was surprised there weren't any points for turnovers, ruck cleaning, accurate throws, scrums won etc etc. I guess it would be nightmarish for their stats guy and or the programmers but I'm from the MTV (and therefore over-entitled) generation. Gimme those things.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll show you mine if you'll refrain from showing me your thingy.

Player Team Position
C Healy Ireland Front-Row
B du Plessis South Africa Front-Row
R Best Ireland Front-Row
E Etzebeth South Africa Second-Row
C Lawes England Second-Row
M Hooper Australia Back-Row
D Pocock Australia Back-Row
R McCaw New Zealand Back-Row
A Smith New Zealand Scrum Half
J Sexton Ireland Fly Half
J Joseph England Centre
M Nonu New Zealand Centre
Y Huget France Outside Back
I Folau Australia Outside Back
J May England Outside Back

Formatting is heinous and I am on a phone so sorting it is not an option, but you can likely work it out. Folau is already binned btw.

Set up my team shall post what it is and thinking after the deadline.

Handre Pollard at 10, he is going to kill the points..

- - - Updated - - -

my teams is
1. aaron carpenter (Canada)
2. b du plessis
3. Scott Sio
4. Brodie Retallick
5. Johnny Gray
6. sean O'brien
7. Louis Picamoles
8. Sergio
9. Morgan Parra (may change)
10. Handre Pollard
11. NMS
12. Jesse Kriel
13. J Joseph
14. Tommy Bowe
15 Huget

After my incredulity at the lack of points for turnovers I can't believe my back row.

Several attempts, several "there was an error, try again later" messages ... not sure if I'll bother

Latest posts