• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fantasy Rugger - TRF pool/League

Clearly you are throwing us though!?!
Nah I know sod all about SA rugby I'll just do a transfer before the Japan game and select a starting scrummie and center from you guys.

Seriously this has more to do with the fact SA, NZ, Fra & Ire are likely to run riotous in their groups and it's going to be pretty hard to know who the coaches are going to select week in week out. Most positions on my team out the forwards are up for change once the team are announced for the first weekend next week.

You have to ask who will score more points Sexton against Canada or Carter against Argentina. You can switch them later (and changing your designated kicked is free if it's a straight swap).

Nah I know sod all about SA rugby I'll just do a transfer before the Japan game and select a starting scrummie and center from you guys.

Seriously this has more to do with the fact SA, NZ, Fra & Ire are likely to run riotous in their groups and it's going to be pretty hard to know who the coaches are going to select week in week out. Most positions on my team out the forwards are up for change once the team are announced for the first weekend next week.

You have to ask who will score more points Sexton against Canada or Carter against Argentina. You can switch them later (and changing your designated kicked is free if it's a straight swap).

Fair enough. Its imossible to follow all rugby for the vast majority of us.

This is just speculation from my side but I expect Meyer will give Fourie du Preez and Rudy Paige game time in the pool stages and I've heard JdV is unlikely to play in the first two matches coming back from another injury as a precaution. He is less of an attacking threat than either De Allende and especially Kriel in any case.

If Kriel plays I'd back him (though De Allende is more likely to start all our games and play full matches) and either of Du Preez or Paige should be worth a try assist or two on a good day (or 3 if Du Preez can turn back the clock).

If Kriel plays I'd back him (though De Allende is more likely to start all our games and play full matches) and either of Du Preez or Paige should be worth a try assist or two on a good day (or 3 if Du Preez can turn back the clock).

One of the things I'm looking forward to the most this World Cup is seeing Kriel and De Allende run riot, and I hope they can slice a few teams open (so long as it's not against the All Blacks!). Kriel may not be massive, but my goodness he can move. And De Allende is one of those guys who just seems so hard to put away. I still have reservations whether this is truly South Africa's year (honestly, anything can happen in a World Cup, but it just doesn't 'feel' like anythings on the horizon for them in 2015), but there are definitely some world-class threats in that backline. I thoroughly enjoyed watching De Allende in Super Rugby. Think it'd make things even more interesting for the Boks if the black quota didn't exist, and a few of the old fellas like Habana and Matfield weren't around clogging up space. Just my opinion though.

31 People now signed up so far! Only 5 Days to go!

http://fantasyrugby.espn.co.uk

League Pin : 1122470-3234

Good Luck!

RE: Recommend putting your TRF name as your team name.

1zwp5sk.png

11szih5.png

Just joined. Not named Bluemoon, but The Chocolate Giteaus.

Wish Fox Sports were doing the fantasy game this time around, it's by far the best in my opinion.

Couldn't find the league for the Fantasy Rugger one, so I set one up; If there's already one there, let me know, and I'll join it ... anyway, here's the link to the one I set up (all welcome)

http://fantasyrugger.co/league/index?LeagueSearch[privacy_code]=y0pXDwaHXFuRtpRj

... i'm still getting the error on the ESPN one, so if you want to teach me a lesson, it might have to be in the fantasy rugger one :)

I've joined the league you created, have you had any troubles with this site though?

The main problem I have seems to relate to the max limit of players from any one nation. Somehow that hasn't seemed to apply to me for several countries, so I have been able to filed more than three players from several teams. Has that happened to anyone else?

Also, now that a few teams have been named Ive been trying to make changes. i.e drop Willie Le Roux but I can't seem to save my transfers. All a bit annoying.

Anyone else struggling with this site?

Joined the ESPN site as well - that site seems to work perfectly.

Last edited:
Signed up as Marcelo XV or something like that

I've joined the league you created, have you had any troubles with this site though?

The main problem I have seems to relate to the max limit of players from any one nation. Somehow that hasn't seemed to apply to me for several countries, so I have been able to filed more than three players from several teams. Has that happened to anyone else?

Also, now that a few teams have been named Ive been trying to make changes. i.e drop Willie Le Roux but I can't seem to save my transfers. All a bit annoying.

Anyone else struggling with this site?

Joined the ESPN site as well - that site seems to work perfectly.

So just got an email saying my team has been wiped due to their technical error that allowed managers to select more than three players from any one team :(

Start again I guess!

Quick question: I'm over in NZ so time zones are making things difficult - what time (UK time) are game day squads/starting XVs being announced? Waiting on the Wales team and AB teams to be announced and wondering if they will likely be announced before the Fiji Eng game, and hence round 1 for fantasy starts.

Man this fantasy rugger site is a dog. Im trying to log in now and make changes to my team and I get the error message "this event has already started" so can't get to my team page. Oh well might be best to flag this one.

Last edited:
44 People now signed up so far! Only 12hrs to go get involved!

http://fantasyrugby.espn.co.uk

League Pin : 1122470-3234

Good Luck!

RE: Recommend putting your TRF name as your team name.

Remember 15 Changes allowed during the Group Stage and 10 for the knock-out stages!

Can't wait for my prize ;) as for the rest of you, enjoy wallowing for the scraps of runner up.

Latest posts