• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Farrell

Matt Rogers is a cock, u ever saw dat clip of him gettin smashed by Lewsey. He can never surf again.
<

High profile switches from league to union can fall flat on their arse, im no fool but ive got a feeling that Farrell will do well.(Well I did say i was optimistic). Union does seem 2 go 2 league quite a lot while league doesn't poach that many union players, except from the odd Chris Rhys-Jones. Wait an see on Farrell, he won't play till next season I think.

Originally posted by Jacko@Mar 28 2005, 10:52 AM
Nah, he's gone back to league - worst decision he's ever made.
What the f***. He's alot better at league then rugby. Have you not seen his form for the Brisbane Broncos this year?

Originally posted by The Legend Killer@Mar 28 2005, 01:22 AM
but in all seriousness.... he has failed to perform especually internationally in the past few years. So union fans dont build ya hopes up!!
I don't think many of us have any hopes for him to be honest
<

I created him last night, but I'm still trying to perfect his nose. Why didn't they put more hairstyles in though? That's the easiest way to define players really. I reckon I've come fairly close though.

Originally posted by contepomi@Mar 29 2005, 12:26 AM
I created him last night, but I'm still trying to perfect his nose. Why didn't they put more hairstyles in though? That's the easiest way to define players really. I reckon I've come fairly close though.
Make sure you give him 100 for the total prick stat.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Mar 29 2005, 02:14 AM
Farrell's too good for union, he'll come back within 18 months.
And you know that because.......

He'll be going back to League with his tail between his legs, if you ask me. That's how much of a flop he'll be I reckon.

Originally posted by harrison2468@Mar 27 2005, 09:11 PM
I think the RFU an Sarries spent a million to get him, split it in half, an he has a £700 000 a year contract (again split).  I hav no doubt he wil b a success but I hope he ain't rushed.  Big price tag does mean presure though - look @ Harris, an he was a bit of a flop.
wasn't it £400,000 payment to wigan

England are desperate for new players after Wales beat um - Andy Robinson has lost it!

Originally posted by funksoulbrother+Mar 29 2005, 07:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funksoulbrother @ Mar 29 2005, 07:19 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-harrison2468
@Mar 27 2005, 09:11 PM
I think the RFU an Sarries spent a million to get him, split it in half, an he has a £700 000 a year contract (again split).  I hav no doubt he wil b a success but I hope he ain't rushed.  Big price tag does mean presure though - look @ Harris, an he was a bit of a flop.
wasn't it £400,000 payment to wigan

England are desperate for new players after Wales beat um - Andy Robinson has lost it! [/b]
I heard more in the region of £200 - 250 thousand which I believe came from Whelans own mouth.

[/QUOTE]I heard more in the region of £200 - 250 thousand which I believe came from Whelans own mouth.

I must b wrong then, all I kno is that it was a lot of cash. What wer the stats that u gav him Contepomi?

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Mar 28 2005, 03:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Mar 28 2005, 03:10 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-contepomi
@Mar 29 2005, 12:26 AM
Make sure you give him 100 for the total prick stat. [/b]
This coming from a fan of the team which has Sean Long on its books.

Originally posted by Bluebirds+Mar 28 2005, 06:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bluebirds @ Mar 28 2005, 06:04 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Mar 29 2005, 02:14 AM

He'll be going back to League with his tail between his legs, if you ask me. That's how much of a flop he'll be I reckon. [/b]
He'll come close to killing a few union forwards with his power.

Lol, he'll probably be wearing a neck brace after 2 scrums if he plays in the fowards

Originally posted by Ripper@Mar 29 2005, 12:09 AM
Lol, he'll probably be wearing a neck brace after 2 scrums if he plays in the fowards
He won't be in the front row for a start. Farrell is fast and skillful enough to be in the backs too though.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Mar 29 2005, 11:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Mar 29 2005, 11:21 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Mar 29 2005, 12:09 AM
He won't be in the front row for a start. Farrell is fast and skillful enough to be in the backs too though. [/b]
Ive seen him, he's big and slow and the most he's ever gonna dodge is a lock. Even Old Man Umaga could chase him down.

And youve already proven you cant judge Union Players for **** with your '''Henry Paul is the Greatest Union Player'' Comment

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Mar 29 2005, 11:08 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Mar 29 2005, 11:08 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Bluebirds@Mar 28 2005, 06:04 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Mar 29 2005, 02:14 AM

He'll be going back to League with his tail between his legs, if you ask me. That's how much of a flop he'll be I reckon.
He'll come close to killing a few union forwards with his power. [/b]
are you joking or what

lmao he may be powerful but unlike league we don't give the guys a ten meter freebie when it comes to hitting. if anything someone like Betsen will give him a good walloping :-D

I just hope he goes soap on a rope in his first ruck and some prop decides he wants a snack :-D

Well I had a go @ creatin Farrell last nite an this is the stats I gave him:

Speed 66
Acceleration 59
Agility 61
Handling 87
Passing 79
Kicking 73
Goal Kicking 92
Tackling 92
Strength 95
Rucking 73
Scrumaging 69
Hooking 5
Line-outs 59
Discipline 68
Aggression 89

Special Abilities COMMAND,TACKLER,SCORING

Positions 8,FLANKER,CENTRE

Any1 majorily disagree?

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger@Mar 29 2005, 05:41 AM
I just hope he goes soap on a rope in his first ruck and some prop decides he wants a snack :-D
<

I'd love to see the mangled body of a Union prop after Farrell has run at him.

They say after a league game for forwards its as though they have been hit at 30mph by a car. Thats the impact collisions have on them. Its nothing like that in Union.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Mar 29 2005, 11:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Mar 29 2005, 11:02 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Canadian_Rugger
@Mar 29 2005, 05:41 AM
<

I'd love to see the mangled body of a Union prop after Farrell has run at him.

They say after a league game for forwards its as though they have been hit at 30mph by a car. Thats the impact collisions have on them. Its nothing like that in Union. [/b]
Actually...

I just read in Clive Woodward's autobiography....(pp150 +-15 pages)...

That it's like being involved in a car crash at 60mph (a game of Rugby Union)

Take from that what you will but I can not see in any way how a league game is more physically intense than a game of union. Rucking, scrummaging and supporting is lot more knackering and painful than it may look on the tele.

Latest posts