• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Farrell

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Mar 30 2005, 11:02 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Mar 30 2005, 11:02 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Canadian_Rugger
@Mar 29 2005, 05:41 AM
I just hope he goes soap on a rope in his first ruck and some prop decides he wants a snack :-D
<

I'd love to see the mangled body of a Union prop after Farrell has run at him. [/b]
I seem to remember League Fans going on about how Wendell Sailor was gonna conqour Rugby Union...
<

Then they said the same thing about that Dragons Player (Blacklock From Memory?)

Than of course there's Mr 24 Minute Man himself, Henry Paul...

If you want to see the supiriority of League over Union just look at the way Wigan and Bradford have carved up the middlesex 7's.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Mar 30 2005, 01:14 PM
If you want to see the supiriority of League over Union just look at the way Wigan and Bradford have carved up the middlesex 7's.
wigan won the 7s in the first year union went pro - so they basicly beat a load of amateurs in a game of 7's!!!

Originally posted by funksoulbrother+Mar 30 2005, 03:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funksoulbrother @ Mar 30 2005, 03:48 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-wigan_rlfc
@Mar 30 2005, 01:14 PM
wigan won the 7s in the first year union went pro - so they basicly beat a load of amateurs in a game of 7's!!! [/b]
Bradford Twatted everyone in 2002.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Mar 30 2005, 03:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Mar 30 2005, 03:20 PM)</div>
Originally posted by funksoulbrother@Mar 30 2005, 03:48 PM

wigan won the 7s in the first year union went pro - so they basicly beat a load of amateurs in a game of 7's!!!
Bradford Twatted everyone in 2002. [/b]
and???

League teams have taken part in loads of 7s tournaments and won 2 and lost the rest - so what!!!

yah what the hell is your point Wigan
<

So they have won a 7 tournament twice big whoop
<

I am just waiting for that defining moment when andy farrell gets killed in a ruck
<

The players in union are bigger especially the forwards and andy farrell is gonna look mighty tasty too some prop who missed dinner
<

Originally posted by Ripper+Mar 30 2005, 06:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Mar 30 2005, 06:50 PM)</div>
Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Mar 30 2005, 11:02 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Canadian_Rugger
@Mar 29 2005, 05:41 AM
I just hope he goes soap on a rope in his first ruck and some prop decides he wants a snack :-D

<

I'd love to see the mangled body of a Union prop after Farrell has run at him.
I seem to remember League Fans going on about how Wendell Sailor was gonna conqour Rugby Union...
<

Then they said the same thing about that Dragons Player (Blacklock From Memory?)

Than of course there's Mr 24 Minute Man himself, Henry Paul... [/b]
Wendell Sailor - was too old anyways when he converted - was on the downhill
Henry Paul - a kiwi
<

Brad Thorn - a kiwi
<

funny how u mentioned the ones that failed

Tiquri - a machine on the wing with great kicking skills, and only 24yrs of age
M Rogers - a machine in the centres/FB or wing, a little injury proned due to his age, but still succesfull
J Robinson - killing it on the Wing

one thing thats ironic is that most league converts are queenslanders and ex origin stars - and nowadays QLD struggle in the SOO
<

Rogers had one good season - and than went and broke his leg. Now he's nothing more than a washed up alcoholic

Robinson Reminds me of Doug Howlett - He does f*** all for 79 Minutes, than has one spark of brillance.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Mar 31 2005, 03:20 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Mar 31 2005, 03:20 AM)</div>

Bradford Twatted everyone in 2002. [/b]
OMg OMG u wonz the MIddlesexs Sevns... YOU GOYS ARE THE ROXERSZ!!!oneone1

Are you saying Leagues better because they won some sevens tournament which no one cares about...

Farrell will get his f***ing ass kicked in rugby - I hope as a Kiwi that they fast track that guy into the England team as fast as possible - hell! Put him in the Lions team.

PLEASE!!

He's not athletic enough....pure and simple. But play him by all means.

if u mean so he can get snapped every time he touches the ball i totally agree.

I hope farrell gets broken quickly. not because I particularly dislike him, just to **** the RFU and Andy Robinson off who both are poisonous to club rugby.;

Originally posted by Ripper+Mar 31 2005, 04:45 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Mar 31 2005, 04:45 AM)</div>
Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Mar 31 2005, 03:20 AM

Are you saying Leagues better because they won some sevens tournament which no one cares about... [/b]
I'm saying they are better because of the way they won it. Hardly any tackles were put in against them. They were either ran around or burst through.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Apr 2 2005, 10:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Apr 2 2005, 10:26 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Ripper@Mar 31 2005, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Mar 31 2005, 03:20 AM

Are you saying Leagues better because they won some sevens tournament which no one cares about...
I'm saying they are better because of the way they won it. Hardly any tackles were put in against them. They were either ran around or burst through. [/b]
I take it youve never watched any Sevens before have you...

Alright, forget the 7's argument if you don't get it. What about the International Union teams having to go and train with Club league sides to improve fitness and skills?

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Apr 3 2005, 11:15 PM
Alright, forget the 7's argument if you don't get it. What about the International Union teams having to go and train with Club league sides to improve fitness and skills?
First things first, about the Sevens arguement, its you who doesnt get it.

You go on about all the missed/broken tackles yet if you had ever seen a game of Sevens before youd know that for every succesful tackle there will be about 4 or 5 missed/broken tackles, unless it's a mismatch.

And the only example of Union teams going to League clubs is the English Rugby Team, a team of unfit old farts with the flair and fitness of a wet, brown paper bag

Indeed Im quite sure youve never heard of the Legendary Training Sessions of Gorden Tejitens or Laurie Mains, they could probably drive any team - league or union into the ground

Originally posted by Ripper@Apr 4 2005, 05:16 AM
And the only example of Union teams going to League clubs is the English Rugby Team, a team of unfit old farts with the flair and fitness of a wet, brown paper bag
Err, no actually. Wales, who had been **** for years, trained with a League club (which I do not wish to mention) and won the 6 nations.

Latest posts