• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fastest Player

Who is Fastest??

• Total voters
I'd like to see the footage of Cullen catching Caucau. What year was this? Cullen was an amazing runner but I wouldn't have thought he could catch Caucau from behind. Love to see it.

@nickdnz If my memory serves me well it was 2001 Npc Wellington Lions vs Northland Taniwha. I just remember thinking who the hell is this guy carving us up and how fast he was but than he made a break through the line and Cullen might have been about 5-6m behind him but still managed to catch him within about a 40-45m run.

@Haysie Yeah that Davies looks very fast. I can remember seeing him make a few runs last season and his name has always stuck in my mind since than so whenever I see him get the ball I'm always hoping we'll get to see him in full flight.

Considering mainly sevens, how about Mikaele Pesamino and Samphie Mastriet?

If only Union, I'd pick either Habana or Pesamino, but sevens included?

I don't think Pesamino is all that fast. Definetly not the fastest person in the 7's circut. He is a good footballer though.

Mikaele Pesamino was mad quick when we played Samoa in the final a few years ago he made our players look like they were going in slow motion.

Anyone see Nokwe outstrip the chiefs players while dribbling the ball,ok, the bounce of the ball was crap when he went for the tri but still thats got to say something for the speed of this guy!

The people chasing were forwards and he had a good head start and he messed up the try...but other than that he did well. To be honest I've seen him be much more impressive. If you want to see Nokwe at his fastest, look when he hunted down Ugo Monye in the 3rd Lions test. He didn't catch him but he certainly made good ground.. Vunibaka was also very quick -

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone see the Reds loose forward Scott Higginbotham out-sprint the Bulls 13 the other day? We might have another contender for the fastest loose forward ***le...

They are:

Stephen Ferris
Pierre Spies
Tom Croft
Ryan Kankowski
Scott Higginbotham

Anyone else? Forwards only.

Fulgence Ouedraogo and Alexandre Lapandry are both real fast for #7. Liam Messam maybe?

Also back in the day Olivier Magne.

Officially it is Toderai Chavanga with a time of 10.27 seconds.

Do you guys really think it matters though? Habana can't run full speed at the sixty minute mark, they don't always run their PB. Sprint times are useless.

Did anyone see the Reds loose forward Scott Higginbotham out-sprint the Bulls 13 the other day? We might have another contender for the fastest loose forward ***le...

They are:

Stephen Ferris
Pierre Spies
Tom Croft
Ryan Kankowski
Scott Higginbotham

Anyone else? Forwards only.

Johnnie Beattie!!!

chavhanga has the fastest recorded time of 10.2 sec in the 100m. Haban runs an 11.0 dead but has extreme acceleration. Rokocoko is also gifted with acceleration 4.66 in the 40m. Caucau just has a seriously explosive first step with good acceleration for his size not sure he is that fast but he is quick with a good step. Tom Varndell ran 10.8s in socks on grass so he would probably run around 10.5 on track with spikes. Doug Howlett ran 10.66 in the 100m as a 16 year old.

Pierre spies was also recorded at 10.8s but acceleration is the only worth it thing. Sprint times are useless unless its sevens

Pierre spies was also recorded at 10.8s but acceleration is the only worth it thing. Sprint times are useless unless its sevens

Really? I'd like to see where you got that. Not trying to doubt you, it's just that seems a little too quick considering it's not far off from Jonah Lomu's personal best.

Latest posts