• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fastest Player

Who is Fastest??

• Total voters
Really? I'd like to see where you got that. Not trying to doubt you, it's just that seems a little too quick considering it's not far off from Jonah Lomu's personal best.

Pierre Spies and his dad played wing. His dad broke the SA hrling record in his day!

Have a lool at this site. Spies has some remarkable stats!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Spies

That's the most opinionated wikipedia article I have ever read.

Spies should have stayed on the wing. :( I think i quoted Ryan Kankowskis answer to my question of who is the fastest earlier in the thread. He said spies is pure speed. Now, if only he could start playing rugby again!

Ngwenya.

Man I LOOOVE this vid:

I hope Habana brought his lunch that day because Ngwenya just took him to school. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Habana brought his lunch that day because Ngwenya just took him to school. :lol:

So then, can you name any winger that would have done any better than Habana did? Being beaten for pace doesn't mean you get taken to school. Ngwenya finished superbly, and no one would have been able to stop that.

Really? I'd like to see where you got that. Not trying to doubt you, it's just that seems a little too quick considering it's not far off from Jonah Lomu's personal best.

Then, in 2002 Pierre played lock for the Craven Week team and received the Beeld, Man of the Match Award for the second consecutive year. He also ended fourth in the National Championships for under seventeens discus throwing. In his matric year (2003) he surpassed himself by excelling not only in rugby, but also in both track and field events in athletics. He captained the Craven Week rugby team in the position as eighth man, became the under twenties discus champion of South Africa, ranked third in the country for shot-put, thus qualifying for the Junior World Championships and ran the 100 meter sprint in an astonishing 10.7 seconds.

http://www.pierrespies.co.za/biography.html

High School time. He must be a tad slower now that he is so big.

Ngwenya.

Man I LOOOVE this vid:

Nice try. Didn't know the US had such good wings

Last edited by a moderator:
So then, can you name any winger that would have done any better than Habana did? Being beaten for pace doesn't mean you get taken to school. Ngwenya finished superbly, and no one would have been able to stop that.
You get so overly defensive about SA players. :lol: I was just saying it was an awesome try.

Don't look into these things too much buddy. :rolleyes:

atm? Never!
Maybe in the past, but he's been getting slower for a while now,
He's still pretty rapid, but there are players faster than him

atm? Never!
Maybe in the past, but he's been getting slower for a while now,
He's still pretty rapid, but there are players faster than him

It was probably the quickest thing for him to write.

Isn't Chavhanga quicker than Habana?
The Bulls also claim Gerhard van den Heever is quicker.

Isn't Chavhanga quicker than Habana?
The Bulls also claim Gerhard van den Heever is quicker.

There's a whole host of players in SA quicker at the moment. Especially over a 100m sprint where the bigger guys (like van der Heever) also come into contention. As for that all-important first 20m my guess would be Bjorn Basson who was signed by the bulls for 2011 being the quickest off the mark of starting wingers in SA. Chavanga could be competition but he won't start and it will be interesting to see how Jongi Nokwe fares coming back from a broken leg.

Chavanga is faster than Habana i reckon...think he ran a 10.30...There are tons of fast guys in SA...we even have daniel ojiambo at 112kg running a 10.50 for 100m. Good youngster coming through 4 The Sharks.

Chavanga is faster than Habana i reckon...think he ran a 10.30...There are tons of fast guys in SA...we even have daniel ojiambo at 112kg running a 10.50 for 100m. Good youngster coming through 4 The Sharks.

What his 100m time...pretty sure it is not under 10.5

Those times are very doubtful... i cant say i beleive them. Chavaga said himself that the fastest he ever ran when he was training fulltime as a sprinter was 10.5, and we have no way of knowing whether that was in competition or in practice or with handheld timing or what.

I dont beleive this Ojiambo character can run 10.5 for a moment either. You do realise that would make him tied for the 10th fastest man in South Africa right? faster than professional train everyday sprinters?

Rod Davies ran 10.8 in competition and won the Australian schools sprint ***le. I would bank on him over Ojiambos dodgy claims anyday.

Latest posts