• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Favourite accent

S

Steve-o

Just wondering what's people's favourite accent?

From watching sport, TV programmes and meeting foreigners I'd say my favourite accent is the New Zealanders accent. If I had to watch a rugby game with anybody other than the SA commentators (especially Hugh Bladen), I'd choose the Kiwi commentators.
I personally can't stand the American accent in sport, it's just sounds too sharp for my liking.

I've always found the SA accent to be quite cool. The Scottish accent is ace aswell! I can't really say I'm a fan of the American accent either; don't mind the NZ accent, though.

I've actually been complimented on my accent by foreigners a few times, but even here in SA when i'm in the vaalie/highveld/inland cities. Most people ask me where I come from because apparently I got a coastal accent haha.

I can't say I've ever been complimented on my accent - I dislike strong Welsh accents; they just sound odd innit mun. >_> If I went to some place in England and spoke to a few locals, I'd be chased out of town by an armed mob of hooligans the following morning...

Don't like the North American accents, Asian accents, South African accents, most UK accents (only like the more refined accents, non of this cockney shite), subcontinental and middle eastern accents but the rest is cool with me. I only really pay attention to accents however if it's when I am speaking to a girl so it varies some. Not a big fan of ocker Aussie accents too.

Apparently I have an Aussie accent which sometimes lapses into Kiwi-ness at times, but I suppose the fact that more Kiwis pretty much live in Australian then NZ that's a pretty common thing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BLR @ Sep 14 2008, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Don't like the North American accents, Asian accents, South African accents, most UK accents (only like the more refined accents, non of this cockney shite), subcontinental and middle eastern accents but the rest is cool with me. I only really pay attention to accents however if it's when I am speaking to a girl so it varies some. Not a big fan of ocker Aussie accents too.

Apparently I have an Aussie accent which sometimes lapses into Kiwi-ness at times, but I suppose the fact that more Kiwis pretty much live in Australian then NZ that's a pretty common thing.[/b]

I think the topic is about what accent you like :wall:

:D

Its not my favourite but the London accent is proper interesting cos it's changed with the different immigrant influences over the last 30 years or so... most of us (under 25) talk like this to some extent: accent

Otherwise, I quite like the english South African accent; not guttral afrikaner accent like AB de villiers but kind of soft... Shaun Pollock for example. Or my art teacher.

I like the durham accent, sounds similar to geordie but less thick and more chilled out.

some irish accents sound nice but i can't place them geographically; its not the NI one or the 'top o the mornin to ya'...

Alan Hansen's accent is cool too, he comes from the east of scotland so i'm guessing they're all nice...

well the top o the morning one really is a figment of Hollywood's imagination so yeah I'd imagine that one is difficult to place geographically.

I suppose the Kerry accent would be my favourite Irish accent, by far the most lyrical of the southern accents and certainly doesn't grate like the Cork, Limerick or Waterford ones.

Internationally I suppose the neutral southern English accent is the easiest on the ear.

Oh I like typical Great Britai accent when watching rugby

But as well as Georgia has its own unique language and regional accents too all the lives brought by Georgia TVs are broadcasted in Georgia

So I like Typical British and of course Georgian accents

200px-529720_georgien.jpg

1146175656v5ytx7.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Sep 15 2008, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think the topic is about what accent you like :wall:[/b]
Quiet Frenchy, I don't like yours either. *shakes fist* :p
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Sep 15 2008, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
well the top o the morning one really is a figment of Hollywood's imagination so yeah I'd imagine that one is difficult to place geographically.[/b]
I had to ring Ireland the other day for a clients policy and was shocked how mellow and easy to understand the Irish, maybe it's because my mates are all from Leeds so I'm accustomed to stronger accents but it was like I was talking to someone in Australia.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Sep 15 2008, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
we'll kiwi of course, because i'm marrying one.[/b]
Instead of 'I do' in the vows you must get her to say 'Choice as bro'. :D

I like Jamaican accents they sound cool as and it makes me want to listen to reggae music. I also like my Maori accent because without some people relising it's very different to your typical kiwi accent.

I'm sorry but I couldn't stand the Ozzie accent when I lived there,only time I'd put up with it is when there would be hot chicks talking to me which was like every 2 out of 3 chicks over there. Honestly Australian chicks are hot as compared to kiwi chicks mostly because all they wanted to do was f#@! :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jawmalawm24 @ Sep 15 2008, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Honestly Australian chicks are hot as compared to kiwi chicks mostly because all they wanted to do was f#@! :)[/b]
Hehe, you wouldn't believe the Sat night I had, I was famous in the bar by the end of the night, god bless alcohol!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BLR @ Sep 15 2008, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Instead of 'I do' in the vows you must get her to say 'Choice as bro'. :D[/b]

well.... hungi for entree, KFC for main course and hokey pokey ice cream for desert. drinks will be L&P, tui and oyster bay wine

then the bride will cook the groom some f***ing eggs

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Sep 15 2008, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
well.... hungi for entree, KFC for main course and hokey pokey ice cream for desert. drinks will be L&P, tui and oyster bay wine

then the bride will cook the groom some f***ing eggs[/b]
Can I get an invite please? :p

I hate the afrikaans speaking english accents here in SA. It sounds terrible. For example:

Normal: I am wearing a pair of jeans.

Afrikaans-english: I can like to be wearing a jean pant!

I also hate the Steve Irwin Australian accent. It's horrific. Scottish accents rule, and then i think the New Zealand accents are not too bad.

Lol yeah the Afrikaners can do some serious damage to the English language when they try get their heads around it.
Whackhead Simpson rips them off something proper in that audio skit. "I are be liking to wear a rokkie [dress] wiff a belt" haha!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BLR @ Sep 15 2008, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Sep 15 2008, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

then the bride will cook the groom some f***ing eggs[/b]
Can I get an invite please? :p
[/b][/quote]

Second, I'm flying over end of December , staying till end of February.
If you want I can do a haka :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Sep 15 2008, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Lol yeah the Afrikaners can do some serious damage to the English language when they try get their heads around it.
Whackhead Simpson rips them off something proper in that audio skit. "I are be liking to wear a rokkie [dress] wiff a belt" haha![/b]

haha this sounds funny, kind of like when billy t james does the "cuzzy bro" impersonation... is there anything on youtube that takes the **** like this but for these afrikaners you speak of?

Latest posts