• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FIFA vs PES

W

woosaah

Ok i thought that the "fanboi's" out there can have there own war in this thread. some of you may be getting a bit annoyed you cant pick to pieces the other game that you loathe so much.

which in your opinion is better? PES or FIFFA???

have your say now, as you wont be able to do it in any other thread :)

gameplay = PES

game modes = FIFA....only since manager mode

I love the master league in PES...dont get me wrong

But i want the other bits FIFA has, like scouting, advertising contracts, stadium management, coaching stats etc

Liscensing isnt an issue - PES has the FFA liscense - thats all i care about, as the editor will bring the other regions to fruition

I will pay in full PES before i even look at it........its a compulsory purchase year in year out.......like xmas presents....october november is that certain time of the year......its my xmas

youtube has videos of PES6 on X360 from that Leipsig (insert german crap here) gaming convention

god damn it looks sweeeeeeet!!!

Hehe FIFFA...

I've played 99% of my soccer games being FIFA ones, so therefore am a fan. Have recently got PES5 on xbox and found it quite awkward in first game (which was expected as not used to it) but haven't got around to playing as too many new games around at moment :p

PES is the clear winner for me.

FIFA is made by Canadians, who have no concept of a sport where 0-0 can still be exciting. As a result they've created a game that, while some people may find fun, is not a true representation of football.

I love the fact that PES is a real simulation of the game. I'd take the feeling of scoring a last minute winner to beat a side 1-0, over winning 8-7 any day.

pes by a huge mile, how can anyone bloody say fifa, morons, fifa is for kids, pes is for the real fnas, who pay money for the gameplay and realism, not because aston villa have there proper kit.

Not to mention the fact that the kit editor in the PES series is so robust that you can easily create very authentic looking kits for the non licensed teams (or download an option file which someone else has created!).

I have always been a huge fan of PES gameplay-wise, but also own a large number of Fifa ***les. Why? Because they offer very different gameplay, and I admit, it is sometimes nice to play in a fully licensed match.

This year it looks set to be a very close call, as the number of licensed teams in Fifa is HUGE. Pro evo will probably still just edge it in gameplay, but from footage I have see nso far the gap definitely looks to have closed considerably.

I was a pro evo 2 fan (yes 2) I bought every fifa/pro evo since then & then fifa 06 came out I swapped to Fifa 06.

I cringe at the sight at recent pro evo attempts, It feels like you are playing a miniature balloon & the players run like apes. It doesn't look too good when you shoot either.

I would say I am a fifa man, but I do love Pro Evo, but feel Pro Evo is not really pushing itself forwards...
Whereas Fifa is improving time and time again, and moving the game forward closing the gap each year, I think this year they could actually over take pro if the reports from Japan are anything to go by...

I would say I am a fifa man, but I do love Pro Evo, but feel Pro Evo is not really pushing itself forwards...
Whereas Fifa is improving time and time again, and moving the game forward closing the gap each year, I think this year they could actually over take pro if the reports from Japan are anything to go by...
[/b]

i think thats becuase PES set the standard so high u cant really improve alot on perfection

i realise its not perfect

but when u have alot of room to improve - which FIFA had......u can say EA good job, or EA where the hell have u been the last 6 years.

like Rugby 2006 - heck thats improved by miles........coz of what 2004 did to us

pro evo on the other hand is halting on the master league developments.........nothing totally changing the master league experience............the gameplay can stay but i want konami to make master league more in depth, like owner/manager mode madden/fifa

i just dont get how anyone can seriously rate fifa as a better game to play over pes.

i just dont get how anyone can seriously rate fifa as a better game to play over pes.
[/b]
Depends what you want to do... Some people prefer to shoot down Meshersmits (combat flight sim) or race a car through oncoming traffic (burnout) in their games (like I do) while others want to take a day off work to fly from London to New York on Flight Sim 2007 or play Gran Turizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzmo.

Fifa is pick-up-and-play arcade fun, albeit the games don't last overly long while PES is a full on sim that you'll proberbly get somthing out of if you can be bothered to put the time into it. Provided you have time to spend your entire life on an Xbox.

That, my boy, is how people can rate Fifa above PES.

On the other side of the arguement... Some people prefer LMA manager to Championship/Football Mnager. It's personal taste.

Care to say why or just call them names and leave it at that?

And before you say, I couldn't give a rats ass about any manager sims. not even PRM.

Loratadine,

I think that it comes down to how much time people have to play games.

LMA is an easy-to-pick-up manager game that allows gamers that don't have a lot of time to play.

Obviously Football Manager is a better football management game but honestly you can lose months of your life to that game especially when you get into the lower-league management of it. Turning a conference side into a competitive european club takes a bit, big commitment.

Thing is, I don't really consider FIFA any easier to "Pick up and play" which seems to be an argument on everybodies lips regarding the two. PES I found just as easy to adapt to after playing FIFA. I tend to prefer Pro Evo but I must say it's getting boring and I continue hold hope that Konami will re-vamp it somehow, althouh It's appearing less likely all the time, they tend to prefer constant refinements.

Always been into my Pro Evo. FIFA is too easy and unrealistic.

HOWEVER:

From what I've read of the previews of PES6 and FIFA07, FIFA sounds like it will be worth buying as well.

In case anyone is interested, the Fifa 07 PC demo is now available for download with EA downloader or from a few other sites

I'll just add one thing to this, just to stir up a hornets nest...

For years people have slated the Fifa series for "only having a roster update and a few minor tweaks", yet now I ask, what are the major updated in the last few PES games, bar the odd roster update and a few minor tweaks...

Latest posts