• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FIFA vs PES

you tube is just infested with PES6 gameplay footage on x360 - well there's one clip, but about 100 different qualities

DEADSET - PES6 IS GONNA KILL IT AGAIN

I have seen this footage, and its smacks FIFA to bits.......once again its the ball physics that separate the grown ups from the kids

Never send a child to do a mans job...EA releasing FIFA is just that
[/b]

I'm a MASSIVE pro evo fan, and I think Fifa will NEVER get near it for gameplay.... but Fifa 07 is pretty good. Much better than any previous Fifa. I HAVE played Pro Evo 6 on PS2 and it's awesome. Easily the best yet, and much quicker and satisfying than Pro evo 5. Nowhere near as many fouls now.

The only bad thing I've heard is that it's supposed to really stink on Xbox 360!!! One of my mates went to a games conference last week and played all the latest 360 games, including the "f**king unbelievably amazing" (His words, not mine) Gears of War and Pro Evo 6. He's a huge PES fan an couldn't wait to play, but he said although it looked really lush and smooth, the gameplay left him cold cos it was too "slow and not pro evo like!!"

Worrying :(

excellent stuff.

hey locksey, if you get to play all these games early why dont you keep us updated? i would love to hear about all the new games coming out that you haev playes :)

I heard a report from a recent games convention in the UK, that FIFA07 and PES are that similar u cant pick em

Apparantly FIFA has mirrored the gameplay of PES6

If FIFA07 is PES6 with liscenses, it makes my decision easier

Although of course, without a TRF review, I wont by buying FIFA, and my PES annual payment will market default at my nearest retailer

CHECK THE GAMESPOT FORUMS - there is alot going on in there from people that have played both.

This footage is very compelling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaEtz3VRwjQ

I'll buy both if they are both like this

Getting a fair and neutral review for either of these is impossible though; It's like Marmite vs Vegimite.

Both are the pretty much the same, but some bugger will always argue to the toss for one over the other.

Getting a fair and neutral review for either of these is impossible though; It's like Marmite vs Vegimite.

Both are the pretty much the same, but some bugger will always argue to the toss for one over the other.
[/b]

I presume you haven't had both, because they really aren't the same.

Marmite is like PES, far better... :p

ive got fifa 07 at the moment ive hired it for 8 days. on 1st inspection it looks much better then previous fifas. ive only played 1 game so far.(the mrs booted me off the game as shes watching
dvd's.)

one thing i can say is this game really feels like the strings have been cut. one example was the fact you cant just turn and sprint like before. now you have to trap the ball, you need to one touch the ball in the direction you want to go in and its sensitive too. its has that PES feel to it.

i need to play abit more of it. the rosters are correct as of 28/07 which means the late transfers of galas and cole wont be up to date. i havent checked though. i played a game with Man U V Blackburn and Saha and Rooney were up front. so i can only guess the horse transfer to real madrid was included. i didnt check the subs though and from the end of last season mr ed was out of favour with fergie so it might he might still be in the squad.

The problem with FIFA has always been that it gets really, really boring after a short while. It's easy to score, and there is no real intelligence to the game. The players always look deformed and the graphics are ruuuuuubish (mainly cause EA are obsessed with tiny textures). Pro Evo is different because no match is ever the same. I've scored hundreds of goals on it and no 2 have been the same. I would rather play out a frustrating 0-0 draw than a fantastic 6-3 win. Why? It's more realistic, and to me that makes it fun. You have to use your head playing Pro Evo, tactics and formations count, where as in FIFA they don't really. I will admit that the Pro Evo graphics might look a bit odd with there being right angles on some players heads but the graphics are apart from that as far as I'm concerned.

That's my view anyway.

Anybody bought Fifa 07 yet , if so , is it any good ?
[/b]

I've got it on the PSP and enjoying it immensely - for a portable game it's great: fully featured manager mode, loads of teams and above all a really playable game! Happy to answer any questions, but expect more people are interested in the console versions...

Am buying it on for PS2 today , have read really good reviews in UK press ....

One question , what is the International line up like teamwise and players ?

Am buying it on for PS2 today , have read really good reviews in UK press ....

One question , what is the International line up like teamwise and players ?
[/b]

I've not played a lot of international, but it looks to be all the teams from the latest WC, with full licenses and squads etc, as well as a few others

Just read a review of Fifa 07 and it picked up an impressive 9.0 rating.

Looks like the haters will instantly bang n about ball physics or some other ******** like that, but it sounds good enough to me!

It is a marked improvement on FIFA 06, but gameplay wise (and graphics too, i mean the players still look like burn victims and the kits are laughable along with the player models) it's still playing catch up for Pro Evo.

It's not like PES is the perfect game, they still have alot of annoying issues that really need improving...

EPL licences are a must - pull your finger out Konami

Master League is stupid and just totally unrealistic

Online play is way too laggy, they need new servers

Commentary and overall sound is terrible, EA WC06( the worst game eva) shits on PES in this area

Keepers are useless, they dont react to ball until it's more than half way to the goal and come off there line way too far and far too often.

Set peice glitches( 40yd free kick glitch, throw in glitch etc.)

To many Fouls... just ruins the flow of the game.

Players get Fatigued way too easily - most players should be able to play almost every game of the season

Crowds are half empty and really dodgy looking

And theres many other things that need improving that i cant think of right now.I hope some of the issues have been solved in this years edition.

Having said all that, PES is still the game im most looking forward to.

FIFA sounds very good also so i'll definately be getting both.

The end of this month cant come soon enough.

Although, FIFA is getting far better I think I will get hold of PES for Christmas.

A few reasons, A. I've only played PES5 and it was still far better than anything put out by EA; B. Socceroos are fully licenced.

Gameplay wise, should be interesting...

TRF NZ EA R2006 Tournament:

Participants soccer game of choice...Fifa.

PES didn't even get a mention and nobody had bothered putting it on their xboxs.

Also surprising the high level of play that the guys had with Fifa. When an ex EA gamer of the year has a hard time dominating....you know the Fifa level is high. Coincidence? I think not...

Fifa on XBox360 is much better than its predecessors especially with ball control. Much better hold/shield then go dynamics than previous versions.

Camera angles are very very good. Playing broadcast on projector and xbox set to widescreen with the zoom fully out and a little height gave you the best viewing experience of any camera angle anywhere. You can see more of where to make the play.

PES is fighting a losing battle. If better ball dynamics is the only thing they have to offer they will very soon be swamped. PES needs to get with the programme and adopt some of the things Fifa have done.....especially the licenses!

I downloaded the 360 Fifa07 demo off xbox marketplace last night and it's pretty damn good.

I spent a good half hour just playing with Ronaldinho in the start up menu - great little addition that.

Latest posts