• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FIFA vs PES

Does anyone know where I can download the PC demo for either (preferably both) games? I am growing more and more interested in football and the games have somewhat of an appeal to me.

I am currently using a Mac but if the demo is not compatible I will very quickly get out my old laptop.

I downloaded the 360 Fifa07 demo off xbox marketplace last night and it's pretty damn good.

I spent a good half hour just playing with Ronaldinho in the start up menu - great little addition that.
[/b]
Mate you gotta experiment with the control button pushing once and holding or pushing it twice quickly...then there are all the moves associated with that from the stick...or you can let go and just take off. This ability to create these little touches really makes a difference. I use these little touches all the time when I play...you gotta look like the real, deal when you play and not just a computer soccer game...

I like the Christiano Ronaldo move you can do when you use turbo, direction and the move stick all going the same way. Cool how the ball suddenly is kicked at a sharp angle in another direction from where you were runinng.

Even when you are just moving around from side to side past defenders in the box simply holding the ball control button and not doing anything special....looks really good!

Then there is the step overs when you are running around in general play or are approaching someone...just makes it look good even if you know you are going to pass it anyway.

We can't forget that Zidane 360 move!

<div class='quotemain'>
I downloaded the 360 Fifa07 demo off xbox marketplace last night and it's pretty damn good.

I spent a good half hour just playing with Ronaldinho in the start up menu - great little addition that.
[/b]
Mate you gotta experiment with the control button pushing once and holding or pushing it twice quickly...then there are all the moves associated with that from the stick...or you can let go and just take off. This ability to create these little touches really makes a difference. I use these little touches all the time when I play...you gotta look like the real, deal when you play and not just a computer soccer game...

I like the Christiano Ronaldo move you can do when you use turbo, direction and the move stick all going the same way. Cool how the ball suddenly is kicked at a sharp angle in another direction from where you were runinng.

Even when you are just moving around from side to side past defenders in the box simply holding the ball control button and not doing anything special....looks really good!

Then there is the step overs when you are running around in general play or are approaching someone...just makes it look good even if you know you are going to pass it anyway.

We can't forget that Zidane 360 move!
[/b][/quote]

Which is the control button?(do you mean the direction button) ive been wondering where all the moves were (i was getting a little worried)

The only things i dont like so far are ...

The cut scenes - they look terrible with that soft focus and are still way too chopy.

The keeper reacts too slow to shots and crosses (animations look sweet though)

Um, thats about it so far, the rest of the game seems pretty good.

It's a shame they dont have any commentary on the demo but it's not somthing you have to worry about when it comes to FIFA.

i had it for 8 days and enjoyed it alot. i had the PS2 version though. manager mode is pretty cool. heres what i did in my 8 days.

i started off with Man Utd. won the Carling Cup in my 1st year finnished 2nd in the league behind chelsea and stumbled to bloody watford in a early round of the FA CUP.

2nd year in the jan transfer window Arsenal made a 21mill pound bid for Louis Saha which i couldnt refuse but it left me short of a striker. i used solksjer for the rest of the season but ended up having to play rooney as a lone striker upfront and C.Ronaldo as CAM in behind him. i ended up winning the league and the FA Cup. i got knocked in the semi's of the champions league by Arsenal funnily enough.

3rd year i needed an out and out striker so i made a 27million pound transfer bid for fernando torres at athletico madrid. i got a couple of good offers from smaller sides for giggs and scholes which i took and ended up buying david beckham from real for about 7 million pounds.
i won everything on offer except the FA CUP. the champions league was a great win because i only just scraped past the group stage and studdered my way through to the semis where i met Barca. 1st leg was in nou camp and i was a HUGE underdog. i ended up scoring a goal in the 3rd minute, an absolute stunner from C.Ronaldo. the crowd went quiet. then in the 10th minute i scored another goal by wayne rooney. the crowd went absolutely silent after that. and then in the 35th minute rooney scored his 2nd. 3-0 up that early in the match and the crowd were booing the home team. it was awesome. the score ended 4-1 and i ended up winning the whole thing.

i repeated the dose the next year but i won the FA CUP also. i romped home in the league and won every cup on offer. my team was at its finest. 3 of my players were at theyre peak. Rooney & C.Ronaldo at 99 wit fernando torres at 98. i also bought Buffon that year.

5th year i decided to leave england and joined up with Juvetus in the Serie A. with a pretty big budget to play with 1st thing i did was brought Rosiscky to Juve. and then plucked Aron Lennon from spurs and crouch from liverpool. crouch was easy to get from liverpool as he was on the bench at the time and as i sold trezeguay to Lyon i needed another striker to cover the gap. i ended up doing the league and cup double. got beaten in the final of the champions league to Man U. hammered 4-0.

thats where i finnished....

its a great game. i dont know of it will convert much people from PES but its a HUGE improvement from previous attempts. just as a side note... the socceroos are fully licenced on this game too. also i heard that MAN U were added to PES also. might have a look at that too

Shiznit, what difficulty are u playing on?? sounds like your finding the game rather easy, i really hope your not dominating World Class already? that would suck.

After playing the demo some more i can safely say this game is really big f@#king improvement on previous years and well worth a buy if you have a 360 (cant speak for the current gen version).

Also ,i've changed my mind on the keepers, there not as bad as i thought.

Cut scenes still blow.

i was playing it on the default difficulty. it wasnt easy at first but i was starting to get the better of the game as i went on. i think if you play it at the hardest difficulty you should be fine. i couldnt find any of the old sweetspots either. having said that though, you can score the odd screamer from outside the box. but when you do... its not about the sweet spot, its about the ball moving in the air. the amount of times i hit the woodwork with thunderbolts was hardcase. the ball just isnt attached like it used to be though. if you hold L2 and use the acurate shot and you hit it sweetly your in no way assured of scoring by any stretch. but i did score a couple of stunners which the keeper had no chance of stopping. the ball moved in the air like a real ball. i only scored 2 goals like that and they were really out of the blue... i tried it a hell of alot too so they wont happen very often.

PES didn't even get a mention and nobody had bothered putting it on their xboxs.
[/b]

:p :bleh!:

I know when I go to places with masses of people - My prized possesions stay at home to minimise risk of theft/damage/lost property

:bleh!: :p

<div class='quotemain'>
PES didn't even get a mention and nobody had bothered putting it on their xboxs.
[/b]

:p :bleh!:

I know when I go to places with masses of people - My prized possesions stay at home to minimise risk of theft/damage/lost property

:bleh!: :p
[/b][/quote]

Hahaha...you funny gun guy you lol!

Truth...the ball control button is one of the right shoulder buttons. At first you will think what the hell is tis but if you master it you will see how great it is and how lethal it is in multiplayer.

Some good mixed reports from all over the world about FIFA07 demo on X360.

I'm look at you Truth.............where is my Holy Grail in 2007!!!!?????

Right then - i may as well reply to this.

I'm a HUGE Pro Evo fan. I haven't brought a Fifa game for about 5 years as I've never really liked them as everything looks too small, and not like footy at all.

I'm not saying Evo is perfect, far from it, but I've found that you can really have some truly fist pumping stand out moments, unlike any other footy game.

Well, after seeing it got 9/10 in Official Playstation magazine, i thought "sod it, I'll give it a go".

And I'm glad I did.

The game is very realistic, pretty fast paced (for a Fifa game) although it all runs a lot slower than Pro Evo.

But, and this is the most important thing - it plays like football! I genuinely have fun playing this game. It's not too easy to score, and doesn't seem to have sweet spots. They can score some good goals too.

Online is just brilliant - full headset communication throughout the game (unlike Pro Evo), and just good presentation all round.

I still think the new Pro Evo will blow it away, but this is certainly worth having as an alternative, if not for the on-line mode only.

9/10 seems pretty close to the mark.

Right then - i may as well reply to this.

I'm a HUGE Pro Evo fan. I haven't brought a Fifa game for about 5 years as I've never really liked them as everything looks too small, and not like footy at all.

I'm not saying Evo is perfect, far from it, but I've found that you can really have some truly fist pumping stand out moments, unlike any other footy game.

Well, after seeing it got 9/10 in Official Playstation magazine, i thought "sod it, I'll give it a go".

And I'm glad I did.

The game is very realistic, pretty fast paced (for a Fifa game) although it all runs a lot slower than Pro Evo.

But, and this is the most important thing - it plays like football! I genuinely have fun playing this game. It's not too easy to score, and doesn't seem to have sweet spots. They can score some good goals too.

Online is just brilliant - full headset communication throughout the game (unlike Pro Evo), and just good presentation all round.

I still think the new Pro Evo will blow it away, but this is certainly worth having as an alternative, if not for the on-line mode only.

9/10 seems pretty close to the mark.
[/b]

Just to offer a differing view to this last one for people to ponder upon.........

I too am a huge PES fan, but have always kept an eye on the FIFA series as it in time became more "PES like" in terms of on the field gameplay.

I've always viewed the FIFA series as the "FRIENDS" of the footy gaming world. Like how the programme Friends is Seinfield for simpletons, thus FIFA is footy for those that don't really get footy.

I have been playing the new FIFA for the last few days on PS2.........

Again it comes with all the bells and whistles - if having the correct leagues, names etc is your main reason for playing a footy game - then this will be your bag.

Again the commentary is excellent, crowd chants rousing and the "Manager mode" a lot of fun (hell, weeks of fun), and far superior to the PES "Master league" - spot on there.

What I've always had a problem with is people raving over the graphics in the FIFA series..........the player models to me have always looked abnormal, and though players now look less like monkeys running around (ie. past FIFAs) the player movements are still "robotic". Arms, heads and legs quite often look like they don't belong to the player in question, and when running, players appear to take 5 little steps where one would suffice. Also the graphics on the PS2 are very choppy at times - especially when changing actions.

Graphics are best summed up for me when the goalie goes to throw the ball out (Whats that all about!?!).

The player graphics in the PES series are more natural, far smoother, and more varied. You can tell most players by the way they run in the game......now that I've got that off my chest.

Gameplay is summed up by me by something my missus said last night. I'd just struck a stunner of a goal from well outside the box when she said "you're not really enjoying this are you?". I asked why she thought that and she said, "Well when you score goals in your other soccer game (being PES5) you raise your fist in the air, or pester me to look at the replay over and over, but not once have you done this whilst playing this new soccer game...".

..and thats it in a nut shell - the game is too easy even on the harder levels, the goals more similar n nature to PES, and "tricks" to get you into scoring positons too easy to pull off/too frequent. Unless you are one -armed goals are not that hard to get, stunning goals far too frequent, hence I felt no real excitement in scoring them. The player AI is still average, the goalies go from brilliant one minute to appalling in the next, and there are still "SWEET SPOTS" as in all previous versions.

If you don't take your footy too seriously, like bells and whistles, and prefer higher scoring games and a less taxing play then this could be the game for you. For me I'll still play PES5 (I consider it far superior to this game) whilst eagerly awaiting PES6.

8/10

you found sweet spots?? i tried for 45 miniutes to find them. for mine i have never been a fan of PES. im into licences. playing a derby match between Manchester Red and Manchester Blue or Merseyside Red and Merseyside Blue are just not good enough.

i agree... PES gameplay is a step ahead of FIFA but this version definately goes in the right direction. its definately playable.

it should be playable if they expect me to fork out 50 quid.

f*** it though, im not risking it, ill wait for pes.

you found sweet spots?? i tried for 45 miniutes to find them. for mine i have never been a fan of PES. im into licences. playing a derby match between Manchester Red and Manchester Blue or Merseyside Red and Merseyside Blue are just not good enough.

i agree... PES gameplay is a step ahead of FIFA but this version definately goes in the right direction. its definately playable.
[/b]

Yeah agreed, sweet spots in this version are not so easy to find and are less reliable then previous versions, however they can still yield high numbers of goals if done correctly.

I too would prefer PES to have all the licenses, but with EA Sports buying every license in sight Konami can only get licenses a little at a time - unavoidable unfortunately.........

Ok its getting crunch time soon

Many many mixed reports from all over the globe....the biggest mixed bag of lollies from everyone

So i visit my new best friend Youtube.com

Now forget features etc.

Just on gameplay footage alone - proper camera anlge and all

PES is all over FIFA.........this aint a fanboy interpretation.....go and compare gameplay videos of both games, and u can see that PES looks like footy, plays like footy, the animations are all there and the ball physics are too life like.
FIFA - again the gameplay videos make the ball look like its attached to his foot by string or something...........the commentary in FIFA wins hands down.....its that trademark voice of the world cup, i like him.

But when you compare actual gameplay - the way the animations kick in, with ball physics and passing - PES is all over FIFA like a fatboy on a smartie.

It looks like i will be getting both as FIFA has improved on leaps and bounds with ball physics and overall feel...i can tell this easily by watching the vids, and i have World Cup 06, which to me is worse than any Pro Evo i have played (going back 6 years), but still manageable, and i still play to this day awaiting these new puppies.

What i want to confirm are these bloody rumours that PES only has 8 stadiums and minimal edit mode on X360...if this is the case i wont be buying PES.......i mean 8 stadiums is crap, and i need proper EDIT mode, otherwise its just not the same

seriously - www.youtube.com

go and compare - u dont need opinions, when u have youtube!!!!!

p.s i am only talking about X360 versions

I checked youtube for videos of both games and PES6 looks..well...****. I know I'm gonna get slated by PES fans for saying it but FIFA looked far better.(and Im not just talking graphics wise) Add in fully licensed teams and players and FIFA wins easy. I know I haven't really looked into it much and I will hopefully get a chance to actually play both games before I make my decision

I just wish a blessed Xbox or PS2 demo would crawl out of the woodwork.

I refuse to buy it without trying it. Made that mistake with R**** 2004

Latest posts