• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FIFA vs PES

Try Game they usually have some freebies... if you know the right people in there

I checked youtube for videos of both games and PES6 looks..well...****. I know I'm gonna get slated by PES fans for saying it but FIFA looked far better.(and Im not just talking graphics wise) Add in fully licensed teams and players and FIFA wins easy. I know I haven't really looked into it much and I will hopefully get a chance to actually play both games before I make my decision
[/b]

Unfortunately FIFA's xbox 360 version will still contain the games biggest problem - VERY poor computer AI.

In my book licenses don't make up for that fundimental problem..........

I was told from an EA insider, because of the complexity of the 360 that the game has to be completly redeveloped for the console... which is why it has been delayed...

Try Game they usually have some freebies... if you know the right people in there [/b]

Do GAME not still have the demos of PES available for £2.50?

I will prolly end up getting both but wont get FIFA07 without a good bashing first

It really is becoming the biggest battle of this year with developers

Normally its Forza V GT, or EA V 2K

For once EA have padded up in the soccer stakes...good on em I say........Now watch Pro Evo 2008, just go another echelon, now that EA is kicking on its 2007 heels.

Shiznit, what difficulty are u playing on?? sounds like your finding the game rather easy, i really hope your not dominating World Class already? that would suck.

After playing the demo some more i can safely say this game is really big f@#king improvement on previous years and well worth a buy if you have a 360 (cant speak for the current gen version).

Also ,i've changed my mind on the keepers, there not as bad as i thought.

Cut scenes still blow.
[/b]

Truthy

I heard a rumour that there are ZERO tricks in FIFA07 X360

Can u see if u can do fients, steps, spins etc.

YES THERE IS ALOT IS ANGUISH AND DISGUST REGARDING THIS RUMOUR

As the X360 version is built from the ground up (not a port from current gen), i have heard they have neglected trick moves in order to balance other aspects of the game, passing, supporting runs etc

And next year it will be FIFA2008 with ALL NEW TRICK MOVES

If this has any substance, and there are no trick moves (even though i dont use them much), this is the type of **** poor developing that will bring FIFA back to the wallowing ranks with Rugby2004.

Am starting to become mildely agitated, as each Next Gen ***le is stripped of something i have been a custom too since birth

No tricks in soccer........whats next............No kicking in Rugby.........
FFS i think the PS3 cant come soon enough so this so called next generation is actually born!!!
At the moment the X360 is just some pretty dork sitting on a cast iron fence slowly impaling himself
I feel like I am flying 1st class to Tasmania!!!

P.S Just Cause is a quality RENT

<div class='quotemain'>
Shiznit, what difficulty are u playing on?? sounds like your finding the game rather easy, i really hope your not dominating World Class already? that would suck.

After playing the demo some more i can safely say this game is really big f@#king improvement on previous years and well worth a buy if you have a 360 (cant speak for the current gen version).

Also ,i've changed my mind on the keepers, there not as bad as i thought.

Cut scenes still blow.
[/b]

Truthy

I heard a rumour that there are ZERO tricks in FIFA07 X360

Can u see if u can do fients, steps, spins etc.

YES THERE IS ALOT IS ANGUISH AND DISGUST REGARDING THIS RUMOUR

As the X360 version is built from the ground up (not a port from current gen), i have heard they have neglected trick moves in order to balance other aspects of the game, passing, supporting runs etc

And next year it will be FIFA2008 with ALL NEW TRICK MOVES

If this has any substance, and there are no trick moves (even though i dont use them much), this is the type of **** poor developing that will bring FIFA back to the wallowing ranks with Rugby2004.

Am starting to become mildely agitated, as each Next Gen ***le is stripped of something i have been a custom too since birth

No tricks in soccer........whats next............No kicking in Rugby.........
FFS i think the PS3 cant come soon enough so this so called next generation is actually born!!!
At the moment the X360 is just some pretty dork sitting on a cast iron fence slowly impaling himself
I feel like I am flying 1st class to Tasmania!!!

P.S Just Cause is a quality RENT
[/b][/quote]

No bloody tricks???? What the hell!!! I don't want to play primary school soccer. I want to play world class!!!

BTW I delayed on getting the XBox 360 cos I heard the PS3 was coming this year....now I am getting more sure of that decision every day!!!

[/quote]

BTW I delayed on getting the XBox 360 cos I heard the PS3 was coming this year....now I am getting more sure of that decision every day!!!
[/quote]

the PS3 is coming next year :p

X360 gets BLIC 2007 :bana:

time to re-cap that decision back at the drawing boards GG :bleh!:

Seriosuly though it does feel as though EA are awaiting PS3

trust me GG other ***les rock on the X360 - Saints Row, Oblivion etc

Ones that arent developed by companies that dont have current gen ***les to worry about.

All I can say is that I'm loving Fifa '07 and I've played the PES series too. It's fantastic as well, but to say there are no sweet spots in PES is to twist the truth.

There are just different factors added up in PES to help the programming to decide whether you deserve a goal or not.
It's more realistic in it's overall reasons why you might score, and not at all reliant on where you are when you make the shot, but Fifa isn't reliant on those factors now either.

They've each got great selling points, but I sense a certain closet "brand loyalty" is making for a lot of over the top statements.

"Unfortunately FIFA's xbox 360 version will still contain the games biggest problem - VERY poor computer AI". Are you speculating, or do you know?

"PES is far superior" - so, not just marginally, or mildly, not comfortably, or by a good stretch, but "far superior"?

Superlatives are the modern day cancer of language.

I downloaded fifa 07 demo for the 360 from xbox live and its true, you cant do tricks with the right thumb stick!
But the graphics are bloody awesome!

All I can say is that I'm loving Fifa '07 and I've played the PES series too. It's fantastic as well, but to say there are no sweet spots in PES is to twist the truth.

There are just different factors added up in PES to help the programming to decide whether you deserve a goal or not.
It's more realistic in it's overall reasons why you might score, and not at all reliant on where you are when you make the shot, but Fifa isn't reliant on those factors now either.

So you are in actual fact saying that the PES series has no sweet spots?, wheres the twist in the truth with that?

They've each got great selling points, but I sense a certain closet "brand loyalty" is making for a lot of over the top statements.

Perhaps, however it is easy to "palm off" peoples comments (however forceful) as being one eyed. I personally see the value in having the two footy games on the shelves and do enjoy both for very different reasons, but in my opinion I do prefer one over the other by some margin.

"Unfortunately FIFA's xbox 360 version will still contain the games biggest problem - VERY poor computer AI". Are you speculating, or do you know?

Pure speculation considering we are talking about FIFA 360, as is most peoples thoughts on that particular game. However considering the FIFA series has always had weak AI it is at least "considered" speculation.

"PES is far superior" - so, not just marginally, or mildly, not comfortably, or by a good stretch, but "far superior"?

That quote is made up, the actual quote was "For me I'll still play PES5 (I consider it far superior to this game) whilst eagerly awaiting PES6". Again my honest opinion with use of a superlative to enforce my strong feelings.

Superlatives are the modern day cancer of language.

Incorrect quotation is the modern day cancer of the rugby forum.
[/b]

X360 version of FIFA - this what i have been told

No trick moves - Yet the intro, and trailor show nothing but TRICKS

6 leagues - 117 club teams
37 national teams

I am ordering PES6 this weekend
Half the reason i was interested in FIFA was the masses of leagues/teams and Manager mode

Honestly though, will anyone really play the Conference or the Kasikstan leagues?

People only ever use Premiership, Sere A or La Liga teams once the novelty of using their home team wears off.

X360 version of FIFA - this what i have been told

No trick moves - Yet the intro, and trailor show nothing but TRICKS

6 leagues - 117 club teams
37 national teams

I am ordering PES6 this weekend
Half the reason i was interested in FIFA was the masses of leagues/teams and Manager mode
[/b]

I had 2006 and there were far more leagues than that, they'll definitely have plenty.

Oh yeah the 360 is class and I reckon the ps3 won't be as good

I've heard that PES6 will have no Bundesliga at all

Thats just slack, how can you leave out one of the best leagues in the world??? :wall:

AK, did you see this on the news .....
pes6_screen001.jpg

Almost makes you wanna hold out for the OZ version

I've heard that PES6 will have no Bundesliga at all

Thats just slack, how can you leave out one of the best leagues in the world??? :wall:

AK, did you see this on the news .....
pes6_screen001.jpg

Almost makes you wanna hold out for the OZ version
[/b]

yes mate i saw that on sports tonight BIG TIMMY CAHILL EXPRESSWAY, was playing it and his eyes were lit up like a 5 yr old @ 7am Xmas morning!!!!!!

it was enough body language to tell me that PES is good

and yes that aussie cover could sway my patience - i will have Melbourne Cup to play in that time, so i may hold off PES until the aussie release.........it is the greatest cover i have ever seen

Latest posts