• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FIFA vs PES

the only time i can ever tackle on there is when the guy is streaking down one of the sides and you just get the angle and poke the ball out with a sliding tackle

but you can jockey for the ball which i use a lot, not sure if they have it on the 360 version though

The skills are gone from the right stick on the 360, it's only the 1-touch system. Which suits me fine.

I got PES 6 on the 360 for christmas, while it is good. I find it to be a little frustrating, shooting is a hard as hell, defenders are faster than Henry, I get bounced off the ball all the time. The ball is too much like a beach ball. The horrible look of the graphics and general lack of officiality. I wish I had got Fifa 07 now, but with only six leagues on the 360 version(No Stockport County!) I plucked for PES. I sort of regreat it now.

Might dust off the PS2 and get 07 on that.

BM

contrary to these reports i am a massive fan of PES360

I am in 5th master league season

Division 1 - coming 1st and defending ***le
Euro Champs round 2 - 1st time
D1 semi finals - never won yet

Some of my roster
18 yr ole Barthez
Ribery
Odonker
Reginaldo
Wallner
Ronaldinho
JS Park
Park Chu Young
Crespo
Reyes

Still need some sort of solid defense, but my attack i can sub in n out each game and put in the strong team for the Euro/D1 Cup matches

Apart from Gears of War and Tiger Woods this PES has barely left the machine

Actually I retract a few of my statements from above, I have improved a little in the game after reading the instruction book for the first time.

There are quite alot a neat tricks, it just takes me learning them now.

Still not mastereds shooting yet, even using the right trigger.

BM

if you're playing ps2 use L2 and shoot for the finess shot, i use it more than a regular screaming shot and it produces some awesome looking goals!

oh did you guys know you CAN use the third kits you unlock in manager mode this year??

i have unlocked all of the premier league teams third kits that were available, (chelsea, arsenal, tottenham, liverpool, man u).

I want to see if you can use the footballs as well i like the premier league football but i want to use the addidas ones too.

Right now im sitting 5th in the league and got knocked out of the league cup against stoke city (i'm wigan). My big signings so far are Freddy Adu,Jonas Elmer from chelsea, and Terry Dixon from tottenham.

Why would you sing Adu? He's crap in the game. I'd sooner have Nick Chadwick from Plymouth.

ive played fifa 07 intesinviely over the last two weeks, and while it is a huge improvement on previous efforts im afraid its still not fit to lace up pro evo's boots. Although it is getting there.

That's ionteresting, I played PES6 in a shop yesterday. I thought it was a bit shite to be honest.

Why would you sing Adu? He's crap in the game. I'd sooner have Nick Chadwick from Plymouth.
[/b]

he's cheap and young, plus i think he gets up to an 82 after 2 or so years

also i signed terry dixon from tottenham he gets up to an 88 after 3 or so..

That's not too bad I guess.

I've hjust been trying to play the game online, but the roster pdates started being an arse. So I nearly threw my joypad out the window.

Terry Dixon is now up to a 76 overall he gained 9 from last year, too bad he's still slow as **** at 60 sprint speed.. damnit.

Pes is a game for the people that are good at games, fifa is for people that just wanna pick up and play and score goals straight away. If ya want a challenge get pro evo.....when ya get good u can do stuff fifa will never dream of. in pro evo u could play for months on end and still not have the game mastered thurs so much u can do. But the graphics are shite, Why??? WHY DOES A XBOX 360 GAME LOOK LIKE ONE OF THE FIRST PS2 GAMES?? frankly thats bullshit konami

No, no, no. You are wrong lora. As usual.

Fanboys make comments such as "if you want **** by fifa because PES is t3h roxorz" (pardon the exaguration) which is the sort of comment I've seen you make 100 times and more.

I on the other hand am a gamer and have been all my life. I initally started out prefering ISS Deluxe on the Mega Drive over Fifa (you remember that, or are you a bit young?). That game, unlike todays incarnations, was great to both pick up and play or spend your entire life mastering every pissy little trick just to play for a tedious 0-0 draw. I switched allegance with the advent of World Cup 98' on the PS1, eventually spending most of my days on Fifa '99 then Fifa 2000 on the PS1 when college work seemed such a bore.

When the PS2 came out, I had Fifa 2001, though it was crap and gave PES1 a try being as everyone was banging on about it so much. While I thought it was mildly enjoyable, the dodgy controls and sheer pomposity of it put me off. Plus, EA Rugby caqme out not long afterwards so I got my sports games fix there.

I didn't buy another football game until Fifa 2004 when I bought my Xbox and enjoyed that thoroughly. After getting bored of the season mode I tried PES4, played it around 12 times, yawned at the lack of goals and boring midfield passing by the AI and put it on a shelf until I traded it in for Rugby 06.

Since then I've tried PES 5, owned Fifa 06 and now bough Fifa 07 for my 360 which is a completely new game once again.

As Gay-Guy says about Rugby 06, the more time you give Fifa and the better you become, the more you discover about it and the more it rewards you for your paitence. Unlike PES though, you don't need to learn all these trick simply to have a fun kick around against a few mates or on Live.

what a load of crap. the 360 is the most powerful console available atm yet ,from the sounds of things, both fifa 07 and pes6 are bare bones games. now if the games were only £20-30 it wouldnt be so bad but when you're forkin out over £40, you'd expect the games to at least be as good as those available on the ps2. yeh the graphics are better but on pes6, the player creation, player editor, team editor, replay saves and unlocks are all gone. and on fifa you get a minimal number of leagues, no tricks and no improvement on poor a.i. :%#%#:

iv only played pes6 and although gameplay and master league are as good as ever, its a horribly rushed game. all of the little touches are gone - well team editor and player editor were slightly more than little touches but hey. dont get me wrong, i still really enjoy the game but for £40 and the first ***le on a next gen console, i was expectin a lot more. can anyone whos played both on the 360 tell me if fifas any better and is it worth me spending hard earned cash on?

I got it for £30 and can't complain. It's a completely different build to it's Xbox and PS2 counterparts which is vastly improved on previous versions. If anything, it's 100 fold better without the flashy 'trick-stick'; 1 touch is still there and works a treat and the lack of leagues doesn't matter. The novelty of using Northampton yown was only ever a novelty anyway, hense why Actua Soccer 3 flopped.

man fifa 07 is great, ive been playing it a lot since ive got it and still lose quite often and this isnt even on Legendary difficulty, hell im sitting 14th in the premier league right now after finishing 3rd the previous season.. its a great game.

I am loving PES6, but if u wanna get serious about a next gen sports game you stay of all except Tiger Woods 2007

Its the only sports ***le i can think of that isnt rushed/hashed/bandaided up for next gen.

I admit i play more PES.........but thats coz soccer games have more action.....and Tiger Woods is pretty hard at times, and if u lack on the concentration, you'll suffer, which is why its hard to just pick up tiger for a round or 2..........u need to spend hours upon hours, and hone in your skills, to win a tourny........which is what a golf game should be like.

Latest posts