Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
Hey Guys!

anyone else got Fifa 13??

I got mine yesterday, played a little bit last night... and man, this game is awesome! still struggling with the new mechanics though...

i'm getting mine today :) can't wait... but you can't see my post in anycase :D

I have it haven't got to play it since a solid session on Saturday due to Ryder cup and a retiredly busy school/Rugby/Gaelic Football schedule for the week.

Dont have enough monies right now so if someone could buy it on Xbox for me that'll be grand.....

Got it yesterday. Its quite fun.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

oh what a crap game :O i hope i have like a BETA prerelease or something :O but the gameplay is ****!!! feels arcade and not simulation!!! Some of the the staduims doesn't have their real names adn the Nou Camp is missing :? wtf.. that aside, the gameply is so crap, feels stiff and when you hold in LT the player stand with his foot on the ball wholetime :? almost like in FIFA Streets... can someone with an original copy please check and confirm if their's is the same... if so, the hell with fifa13, fifa12 is way better at the moment, feels way smoother...

oh what a crap game :O i hope i have like a BETA prerelease or something :O but the gameplay is ****!!! feels arcade and not simulation!!! Some of the the staduims doesn't have their real names adn the Nou Camp is missing :? wtf.. that aside, the gameply is so crap, feels stiff and when you hold in LT the player stand with his foot on the ball wholetime :? almost like in FIFA Streets... can someone with an original copy please check and confirm if their's is the same... if so, the hell with fifa13, fifa12 is way better at the moment, feels way smoother...

That's PES2013!

Nou Camp is on fifa 13. I should know, I'm playing career mode with Barca.

The gameplay is awesome!

That's PES2013!

Nou Camp is on fifa 13. I should know, I'm playing career mode with Barca.

The gameplay is awesome!

No then i must have a beta pre-released version...

the fifa13 i have is crap... thanx for confirming that Nou Camp is on the original copy... now i know my copy is crap!

Gameplay is still awesome!

i will have to disagree, i think FIFA12's gameplay is way better then FIFA13's gameplay... the flashy menu's and some of the new features don't fool me at all... those i see i extra's my main focus is gameplay... FIFA12 kicked PES12 ass for miles... but i must say, FIFA13 has disappointed me bigtime with regards to gameplay. I will be playing some PES13 tonight and see if that is any better (gameplay).

Hein do play against the AI of other human opponents? in FIFA12 i discovered the game is a bit "stiff" when playing agaisnt the IA but smooth as hell vs a human opponent... and i was actually looking forward to FIFA13 as i hoped they will fix the stiffness vs the IA... looks like they have gone backwards... but playing vs a human might be better :? this however is useless for me as i stay alone (in my cave)...

i will have to disagree, i think FIFA12's gameplay is way better then FIFA13's gameplay... the flashy menu's and some of the new features don't fool me at all... those i see i extra's my main focus is gameplay... FIFA12 kicked PES12 ass for miles... but i must say, FIFA13 has disappointed me bigtime with regards to gameplay. I will be playing some PES13 tonight and see if that is any better (gameplay).

Hein do play against the AI of other human opponents? in FIFA12 i discovered the game is a bit "stiff" when playing agaisnt the IA but smooth as hell vs a human opponent... and i was actually looking forward to FIFA13 as i hoped they will fix the stiffness vs the IA... looks like they have gone backwards... but playing vs a human might be better :? this however is useless for me as i stay alone (in my cave)...

I haven't played vs my brother yet on Fifa 13, but the AI is pretty smooth. it plays a lot better for me than Fifa 12.

I'm still to find fault with Fifa 13.

I love FIFA13, lots of improvement from 12. I like the feel of this game more, harder to hold onto the ball, but also harder to defend. Don't know how to describe.

Nice manager mode too.

(and adding to above, yes playing humans is much funner, defending against a human in this game requires full concentration, so the intensity is always high)

Last edited:
Wait it's harder to defend the AI and harder to hold onto the ball? What do they want the AI tow in 6-1 all the time? Seems frustrating to me.

Might stick with 12.

I love FIFA13, lots of improvement from 12. I like the feel of this game more, harder to hold onto the ball, but also harder to defend. Don't know how to describe.

Nice manager mode too.

(and adding to above, yes playing humans is much funner, defending against a human in this game requires full concentration, so the intensity is always high)

Have to disagree with the defending part... It's for me one of the best upgrades they did. the defence is much smarter. and there's a bigger opportunity for counter attacking. a team like arsenal who thrive on counter attacks and their pace on the wings like walcott makes the game much better.

Career mode is awesome! I love all the new features, the transfer system, and even the little things like the updates they give after every match-day and the news stories like when you buy a player from a rival club and then when he faces them for the first time after transfer.

Wait it's harder to defend the AI and harder to hold onto the ball? What do they want the AI tow in 6-1 all the time? Seems frustrating to me.

You get used to it. Just feels different and you have to think a bit more about your attack. What they've done is made the first touch more realistic, so you can't turn defenders so easily, and any slip up and you lose momentum. On the higher difficulties the AI are ready to pounce on your errors.

With defence, you can't dive in as much. Not sure how to describe it, still trying to figure it out. Basically you need to pick the right time to go for the ball rather than just keep pressuring/hacking at the attackers until they cough it up.

Once you get the hang of it, FIFA13 seems much funner than 12. Just play a season on easier difficulties to get the right feel and then go back to normal.

Latest posts