FiFA 12

Kiwiwomble

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Otago
I did a search but couldn't find a fifa 12 thread, someone please merge if i've missed it.

So, i bought it the other day (for the wii), have only had about an hour on it so far but the first hing i did was take charge of Wimbledon, buy back Danny Kedwell and start our way back up the league.

I haven't had a full version for a few years...maybe 09 so it seems very full on, having to get a sponser etc

anyone else got it, what do you think?

Not actually picked it up yet - might be getting it on the weekend though

Played the demo a fair bit and liked it - the new defence system is going to take some getting used to, I'm so used to the old one (the B button on my other Xbox controller is a bit broken from holding down pretty much all the time playing Fifa 10/11 :p )

First thing I'll do is start up a career with Burton FC :p
Still never managed to get them to the Premiership :lol:
I feel I'm missing out on a lot of the game by not played through as Man U or someone similar, but I really don't like football (only the games) and I associate most of the teams with chavs wearing their shirts and can't bring myself to play as one :lol:

Plus I'd be cheating on good old Burton

I like it, think its alot easier than 11 though. Defending is different, but scoring is alot easier they shoot them in from 20 with ease often.

Always play Fifa on the Xbox seeing none of my friends are willing to play Rugby ^^.

i have to say it didn't seem to hard to get the hang off, was able to pull out a draw without even really looking at the controls or team management

dont mind that too much though, they shold be fun to play and shouldn't need a degree! thats actually why i have only got the iOS version for my Itouch recently, still have a manger mode etc but most f it just a bit of fun

The All Blacks and Wallabies aren't in it...

:D

Seriously, I want at least the Scottish 1st Division, or the PSL.

Otherwise I'm sticking with FIFA Manager (but this time I am waiting to see if it is yet another FIFA Manager 09 with new skins, otherwise they can sod off and its off to piratebay with me)

:D

Seriously, I want at least the Scottish 1st Division, or the PSL.

Otherwise I'm sticking with FIFA Manager (but this time I m waiting to see if it is yet another FIFA Manager 09 with new skins, otherwise they can sod off and its off to piratebay with me)

I don't understand this. Why do people play Fifa Manager when they could have Football Manager?

Got Fifa 12 last night. Doing my usual job of starting with a League 2 team and working my way up. I don't know if I love the new defence thing or hate it...World Class is certainly a lot harder in the new game, I played alot of matches with less that 40 percent possession.

I don't understand this. Why do people play Fifa Manager when they could have Football Manager?

Got Fifa 12 last night. Doing my usual job of starting with a League 2 team and working my way up. I don't know if I love the new defence thing or hate it...World Class is certainly a lot harder in the new game, I played alot of matches with less that 40 percent possession.

Meh, I'm a wannabee accountant, and the financial side of FIFA Manager is a lot more... detailed, intricate and tangible than Football Manager, of which I have bought every odd year.

Oh, and FIFA Manager had the 3D match thing before Football Manager, and I liked oggling at Aberdeen's new, massive 80 000 seater (in a city of 200 000 mind) which I designed myself.

It was called the Meta Donatron Arena. It had an entrance sign of Old Firm GTF! T'was the bee's knees. B)

And I liked how you could personally fiddle with the club's infrastructure, youth teams and marketing department. Again, also tweaking all the figures

which league two team?

Had a little go on the demo and liked it quite a bit.....will get seriously into it when the RWC is over

I played it a bit this weekend on the PS3... and man I struggled a bit after my brain was still in Rugby Challenge mode with the buttons and since I last played Fifa in February.

After they showed me the new defence skills tutorial I knew already ahh crap I'm gonna struggle in the beginning, plus the game copied all my settings from Fifa 11 over so it was automatically set to World Class mode.

So i started first with a quick game between Arsenal vs Tottenham... I got thrashed 7-0!! i had the ball probably for a minute in 6 minute half game! I kept on pressing the wrong tackle buttons, got 5 yellow cards and Mertesacker got a red as well...

So then i decided to practise a bit in the training arena, there it went better after about an hour of figuring everything out and getting used to the new defence mechanisms...

so i decided to have another go, this time Barcalona vs Real Madrid... I lost 2-0! dammit!

then I decided to make it a bit easier for myself, played as Man Utd vs a 2 star 2nd division team... guess what... we drew 0-0!!

I love the game, and i guess it's gonna take me a while to get everything right... but hey, that's why Fifa games has such a long lifespan!

I like the whole youth team/ scouting network, adds more realism to it.

But what have they done with all the upgrades? You know the expand the stadium, better negotiator.

They've nearly removed all the bean counting from career mode. :(

And I won a game 5-1 with 36% possesion :eek:

I played it a bit this weekend on the PS3... and man I struggled a bit after my brain was still in Rugby Challenge mode with the buttons and since I last played Fifa in February.

After they showed me the new defence skills tutorial I knew already ahh crap I'm gonna struggle in the beginning, plus the game copied all my settings from Fifa 11 over so it was automatically set to World Class mode.

So i started first with a quick game between Arsenal vs Tottenham... I got thrashed 7-0!! i had the ball probably for a minute in 6 minute half game! I kept on pressing the wrong tackle buttons, got 5 yellow cards and Mertesacker got a red as well...

So then i decided to practise a bit in the training arena, there it went better after about an hour of figuring everything out and getting used to the new defence mechanisms...

so i decided to have another go, this time Barcalona vs Real Madrid... I lost 2-0! dammit!

then I decided to make it a bit easier for myself, played as Man Utd vs a 2 star 2nd division team... guess what... we drew 0-0!!

I love the game, and i guess it's gonna take me a while to get everything right... but hey, that's why Fifa games has such a long lifespan!

Just customise the buttons....I changed it the ps3 controls ALMOST to Fifa 11....O button is now secondary defender press just like Fifa 11 and give R1 the useless "contain"....make x the tackle/push/pull button. This will make your defence ALMOST like Fifa 11 defence....the only difference is now you have to aim when you press. The best way to press is running jockey L2 and R2 as it is fast moving WITH a decent quick change in direction.

I've played a bit on my flatmates PS3. Not a fan of the new defensive controls and on that basis I will save myself the 40 quid and buy something better. 11 is the better game of the two and this probably sets a record of a EA Sports game where the newer one is worse than the old one.

For those of you who don't know, you can change the defense back to the old FIFA 11 style by going into the wireless controller settings (on the console version obviously). The downside is that you can't play with the old defending style online, but it's fine for all offline game modes as far as I know. Or you can be a cheat and change to keeper while not in possession and the CPU will defend for you.

Career mode is good fun, half way through a season with Lyon and doing well, very enjoyable thus far.

Latest posts