• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FIFA vs PES

Well i feel like boycotting soccer all up

They farkin feed me with World cup births and a booming A-league then farking bash me back down with shite next gen games

i agree the game within the 90 mins is what counts, but sometimes if the gameplay is somewhat simlilar to a competitor with more bells n whistles, u'd want to go for the latter

looks like i'll have to rent both before i decide

both FIFA07 and PES on X360 SHOULD NOT SELL FOR OVER $50.00, with this crap

8 stadiums?? - no team name edit?? - get screwed
[/b]

No brainer really - if you want a next generation soccer game right now then FIFA would be the choice - Xbox 360 PES is basically a Xbox port whilst FIFA has created a whole new game engine.

The real contest between FIFA and PES will occur when they produce there second efforts, and the two are getting closer all the time.......

really? has anyone put their impressions up of the full game on 360 from sa then?

I got Fifa 07 for Xbox and I have to agree with GG on this one. If the player control was analog this game would own. Still, I'm enjoying it heaps. Fifa FTW!!! :p

I got Fifa 07 for Xbox and I have to agree with GG on this one. If the player control was analog this game would own. Still, I'm enjoying it heaps. Fifa FTW!!! :p
[/b]

Didn't someone post somewhere that Fifa 07 for the 360 was analogue now with true 360 degree movement?????

I got Fifa 07 for Xbox and I have to agree with GG on this one. If the player control was analog this game would own. Still, I'm enjoying it heaps. Fifa FTW!!! :p [/b]

Surely they havn't taken the option to switch between the analouge or the d-pad away?

<div class='quotemain'> I got Fifa 07 for Xbox and I have to agree with GG on this one. If the player control was analog this game would own. Still, I'm enjoying it heaps. Fifa FTW!!! :p [/b]

Surely they havn't taken the option to switch between the analouge or the d-pad away?
[/b][/quote]

No no.....what we mean is the animation movement. Yes we are playing with the analogue "stick".....however when we move the analogue stick the animations are not true 360 degree movements....they are 8 directional.

TRUTHY WHATS DOIN

give me the run down and compare to world cup is possible

360 version??

huge news

I'd like to know what the deal is with the right analogue stick. I know there was no 'trick stick' in the 360 demo, and have read elsewhere that there isn't one in the full game.

Obviously I don't trust other forums, so can you let us know whether there is a trick stick, and is it well implemented? Thanks

I'd like to know what the deal is with the right analogue stick. I know there was no 'trick stick' in the 360 demo, and have read elsewhere that there isn't one in the full game.

Obviously I don't trust other forums, so can you let us know whether there is a trick stick, and is it well implemented? Thanks
[/b]

There is no trick stick

The right analogue stick is used for first touch - just like in the demo

There are 3 tricks you can do in the complete game by using different combinations of the left stick,right stick and right trigger....

Change Lanes , Stop and Go , Feint

I've yet to master any of these moves but "change lanes" is my fav.

id say its pretty much 360 degree movement, i can run in a circle rather than an octagon on the demo!

id say its pretty much 360 degree movement, i can run in a circle rather than an octagon on the demo!
[/b]

Haha...yeah thats great!

It took me 6 months before I noticed on Rugby 2006 that it was 360 degree turning lol....

The best way to test it is to run straight...then ever so slightly angle it a bit...then angle it more, etc etc.....

Another way to do it is to watch replays to see whether the feet go end over end all the time when running and turning rather than a complete animation change.

Anyway....what I want to know is....IS THE PACE CONTROL BUTTON STILL THERE????

pace control.....erm rb is closer control mode so kinda, unless pace control is for like shielding? i use rb if trying to waste time and just go for a dance in the corner!

if you go into the game not expecting to play pro evo- you'll begin to realise we believe pes is how a football game 'should' play...whereas this is pretty realistic. if you dont sprint constantly and give this game abit of time you'll really like it. :)

got fifa 07 for christmas on ps2, really have enjoyed it this far

trying to take rochdale yes the dale from league 2 up into the premier league and i want to get them eventually to be champions of everything.

i was happy to see the new ball physics and such i really like how it plays, its even a little tougher and your goal keeper doesnt play like such an idiot as in previous. He still lets in goals, but he doesnt let tricklers from mid field in anymore!

Right now im 4th in the league table with a few games in hand on the other upper postions bar the leader. (Lincoln City 70 some odd points through 32 games!) Ive got 51 points through 50 games and am looking to gain promotion.

I love the budget in the game i started with a really shitty budget, well it still is shitty but i started with a 250,000 Pound budget which was absolutely horrible, and im having trouble bringing anyone in on the transfer market as my team chemistry is low and my team is rated a 1/2 star!

I've got PES6 on Ps2 (Chrissy present). Now, I have played both games and both have their merits. In terms of overall gameplay and editing PES6 takes it. In terms of overall polish and licencing FIFA gets it. Both have online modes (to my knowledge), but looking at the outlines of both FIFA's is prbably better. So, I don't know. I personally prefer PES6. The controls are very similar, but after a bit of getting used to the gameplay is very immersive, yet easy and the number of tricks is far better and easier to manouver than on FIFA. I like both, but fIFA is more a hire game for me.

If the manager mode decides which game you buy then you'd have to go with FIFA, but otherwise Pro Evo all the way!!

i reccomend it i really enjoy the manager mode

gahhh i cant sign anyone at all with Rochdale!!

I gave Fifa 07 on the 360 a good run yesterday, including a lot of games online and I've decided it's f***ing hard. For all of you who aren't up with the gossip, it has a different physics engine to all the other versions which makes it play closer to a cross between Sensi Soccer and Pro Evo then previous versions, with a familiar (although slightly tweaked) control layout.

When you get the ball to one of the games faster players (e.g. Ronaldo), it's an absoloute joy you deftly skip around the defenders and deliver a cross (or in the case of what I did to somone online yesterday, run Rooney straight from kickoff to the edge of the box and fire it home - That's how to cancel out conceeding a goal!). The manager mode is also superb, but it's not really worth signing superstar players as once again it has the scout... I searched for a CB, signed one and now never play Vidic or Silvestre because the youngster I obtained is so good! Online, it's sharp and pretty much lag free (I played some dude from asia and had a small bit of lag, but it was still just about playable).

The downsides though; Tackling is friggin impossible. Literally, you will tun head on into an opponant and 'bounce' off them while they skip past you with the ball. This does work both ways (see: that Rooney goal I did), but if your desperately defending a 1 goal lead with 30 mins to go, you will get frustrated with it... Especially as the AI can also be hit and miss. Play on the harder difficulty settings and it'll really dance with you, but until you get to a skill level where you can hack playing it on difficult, you have to deal with your own team mates being as dumb as the opposition (there's some satire in there about football itself...)

Overall, it's good. And for only 35 quid, I have no excuse to complain.

And what some lad form Bristol was telling me as I was chatting to him during a match, it's 100 fold better then the 360's version of PES. So there you go.

Latest posts