• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fifa World Cup Russia 2018

It has to be said watching England B playing Belgium B in a game no one cares about winning may not be the best way to spend an evening.

It has to be said watching England B playing Belgium B in a game no one cares about winning may not be the best way to spend an evening.

This game has draw written all over it if it keeps going the way it does.

Surely England want to get Japan? It's almost a guaranteed W, when was the last time they won a knockout game?

That would depend on what their goal is. If it is to win the whole thing, then I believe they're better off with what has happened. Looking at Betfair's prices, IIRC until today Belgium were always shorter priced than England, but since the draw was finalised, the market has adjusted itself and England have become join third favourites alongside Belgium, so the bookies obviously think that the way things panned out has worsened Belgium's chances / improved England's / both.

World cup camera crew always do a good job finding hot women in the crowd, except for England games where it's balding fat white guys.
Hahahaha. This is so incredibly true now that I think about it. They know what people all over the world want to see.
Are there even any women who go to England games?

Time to resurrect this goldie oldie whilst we can still believe

France looked class today, could be the side to beat. It's such a lopsided draw though that Croatia are a good shout as a dark horse with a far easier route to the final should they make it.

France looked class today, could be the side to beat. It's such a lopsided draw though that Croatia are a good shout as a dark horse with a far easier route to the final should they make it.

Croatia have been the best team so far from what I've watched but when France clicked in the second half today they looked unstoppable. Uruguay have the best defence and two world class strikers which could take them far. Can't see them beating France if Cavani is injured though.

Spain got what they deserved for their lack of penetration. But Russia are an awful team, who put 10 men behind the ball and just played for penalties. Hope Croatia get through and spank them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44676893

So much cringe. Shearer is right to talk about our arrogance. We're not paying much heed to columbia as opposition despite being eliminated by weaker opponents last time. And especially the sides who've been eliminated already. Oh yeah, I forgot we beat Panama so we're now world beaters. This said, I've enjoyed watching the first two games and we've clearly made progress.

I don't think you can blame weaker sides for playing for penalties. Should Russia really go all out attack and lose 6 0 in glorious fasion? They've got national pressure on them too.

Latest posts