• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fifa World Cup Russia 2018

At long last a player practicing their judo on an England player gets penalised. Really sick of the backchat and wish refs would card it more

Southgate has been doing a great job with England the players look happy and confident something I can't ever remember the English players being during a world cup.

They are now proposing copying the rugby hia procedures without mentioning rugby :D

They are now proposing copying the rugby hia procedures without mentioning rugby :D
TBF I was more happy that Shearer was more interested in not laughing it off and pointing out serious the issue was.

TBF I was more happy that Shearer was more interested in not laughing it off and pointing out serious the issue was.

It's good if they adopt it but football has had a really arrogant attitude for years about learning from other sports. They resisted copying tennis for the goal line technology, resisted having video refs (even then had some stupid was to indicate when it was being used) and have resisted injury protocols used in others sports.

I hope next they introduce the no tolerance approach to players giving chat to the ref. There is absolutely no respect for the ref at all in football.

The Panama players really wound me up in the match after both penalties. They refused to listen at all should of booked at least one for dissent.

Football just winds me up most the time.

Our bunch of overpaid numnuts beat 2 non entities and we suddenly become world winners.
Let real games prove it.
Fair play to beating Muppets but the real games begin now.
NB patriotic Englishman who saw 66 on a tv.

World cup camera crew always do a good job finding hot women in the crowd, except for England games where it's balding fat white guys.

The attitude in football really stinks... The Portugal and Iran game highlighted everything wrong with the sport.

Last edited:
Crazy finish to both games tonight. VAR to the fore in both games.

Reports that Mo Salah is quitting international football after essentially being pimped out as a PR tool by the Egyptian FA to Kadyrov, a Chechen warlord.

There's a Twitter thread here:
https://twitter.com/ZidanSports/status/1010257201770913792?s=19

TLDR: Egypt based their camp out of Chechnya and Kadyrov was constantly posting photos of him and Salah, went and got him out of his hotel to take him to a stadium when he was supposed to be resting, made him an honorary Chechnyan citizen and essentially treated him completely differently to the rest of the team (sat him on the high table next to him in meals vs the rest of the team sat at the back of the room).

Very nervous stuff for Argentina and Messi currently. Game in the dying stages and they are currently level 1-1 with Nigeria in a game they need to win to avoid going home.

Marcheranos penalty was harsh tbh but an experienced guy such as him should have known better not to handle the player.

Argentina passes back too much when a run is on and then after continuously passing back they have brain farts and just kicks the ball away. Then they rinse and repeat.

Im baffled by Sampaolis substitutions, why not bring in dybala or Aguero for di Maria instead of Meza? Surely they have more experience in high pressure situations such as this one?

Nigeria Look comfortable containing Argentina. And Argentina just running out of ideas how to break them down.

Was probably a penalty for Nigeria. But **** I'm glad it wasn't. Argentina really doesn't look like they deserve to win this, the team isn't fluid and messes up constantly but man it would be sad to see such talented players go out so early. I know they want it something just isn't happening for them.

Good move bringing on Aguero for a defender. It really is all or nothing now! 10 mins to go

Gooaaaal! Well Argentina now have 4 mins plus stoppage time to hold out.

Phew, all being well, that brings in a few free bets for me. Uruguay made me wait until the 90th minute to land my bet yesterday, fingers crossed Argentina managed to be 5 minutes quicker today.

What!!! That was a awesome! What a great game! Argentina made everyone stress their asses off but really for the neutral this was really an exciting game considering what was at stake for both teams.

Now the knockouts are a different story. Argentina are now actually allowed to draw again!

Latest posts