• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FIFA08 out in Aussie today.

I

Ickon

If anyone is intrested FIFA08 is out on every platform today (In Sydney) besides XBOX360, which comes out Wed. or Thurs. Ring your local stores.

If anyone is intrested FIFA08 is out on every platform today (In Sydney) besides XBOX360, which comes out Wed. or Thurs. Ring your local stores.
[/b]
Are you sure? I was positive it was Friday the 28th...

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Are you sure? I was positive it was Friday the 28th... [/b][/quote]

Yeah I rang the Parramatta store in Sydney and it is coming in today I always check because some times the stock comes in early.
Here's the EB Link:

http://www.ebgames.com.au/PS3/product.cfm?ID=7390

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Are you sure? I was positive it was Friday the 28th... [/b][/quote]

Yeah I rang the Parramatta store in Sydney and it is coming in today I always check because some times the stock comes in early.
Here's the EB Link:

http://www.ebgames.com.au/PS3/product.cfm?ID=7390
[/b][/quote]
That's crap, I want my fifa on 360!

Yeah I know dude, but I'm such a gamer freak I have the option of every platform, (yes I know what your thinking i'm a freak... what a waste of money), but then I don't have the problem of having phsycotic fits while waiting for the game to come out. :lol:

surely the x360 have arrived too

i ahve played both pes and fifa - fifa wins this year by the demo's

1st fifa i will buy since world cup 98 i think
i don’t understand why EA would send 2 separate parcels for fifa 2 days apart.

They would box it all in one hit, and then tell retailers to hold off on x360 for Halo day

IMO FIFA has arrived, but we cannot get it unless u know someone at EB

Yeah I can't figure that out, it happened on the Madden 08 as well.

Definitely not holding it back, been going to the same place for years & even if it's not supposed to be released I will still get a copy.

IMO Fifa wins because it has the A-League... [/b]

me too shiz

but this year FIFA also wins in gameplay - 1st time in a decade for me

PES2008 is too quick and arcady feeling

Go the PC version just then, at work but I got a mate who got it too and he will tell me how good it is :)

Sorry about the double post but my mate said that it is basically FIFA 07 with the be a pro mode...I suspect the real changes would be made in the 360 version..

I'm playing it on PS2 and I'm having some great games, had my arse kicked 0-3 Australia vs Nigeria, I had 4 shots on target, they had seven and 6 on target. They dominated possesion & territory, the gameplay just seems more realistic. I had bloody trouble just trying to keep the ball & put passes together. When you play a team with a good defender, you get stuff all room to move so you have to work alot more with the bloke recieving the ball to get into space. I love the control your keeper button, bloody best idea they have come up with :cheers: .

By the way, I am no chump on FIFA. In case you think i'm some retard who just started playing it. lol

Ill probably get it just for A-League, even though I don't really follow it, it'd be fun to play with some Aussie clubs. However when Pro Evo is released, i still think it will end up being better than FIFA.

I'm playing it on PS2 and I'm having some great games, had my arse kicked 0-3 Australia vs Nigeria, I had 4 shots on target, they had seven and 6 on target. They dominated possesion & territory, the gameplay just seems more realistic. I had bloody trouble just trying to keep the ball & put passes together. When you play a team with a good defender, you get stuff all room to move so you have to work alot more with the bloke recieving the ball to get into space. I love the control your keeper button, bloody best idea they have come up with :cheers: .

By the way, I am no chump on FIFA. In case you think i'm some retard who just started playing it. lol [/b]
What teams are in FIFA? Have Holland finally made the cut?

What teams are in FIFA? Have Holland finally made the cut?
[/b]

Yes Holland are in it

Graphics and Commentary are quite good. Gameplay is good overall, though i cant seem to control through passes and penalties properly, maybe im just not used to FIFA controls. There's a lot less team customization in FIFA, than under PES. And also I hate the menu (PC version), navigation is ****, it takes too long to choose a team, edit stats etc.

I've got it on 360... have to say I'm very impressed indeed. It is very hard when compared to previous games, but it seems to produce far more realistic games. The feeling when you do finally stick the ball in the back of the net is made a lot more rewarding as a result.

The game rewards patient buildup play, but there is room for moments of individual brilliance as well. You also really notice the difference if you're playing as someone like Barcelona compared to some low league minnows.

I've seen the skill system criticised as being nothing more than a flamboyant method of losing the ball, but I have found that it works like real skills in football - if timed correctly it can give you that small bit of space to pull away from the defender and use the knock-ahead feature to break away. It's obviously more useful with the likes of Ronaldinho, but the basic skills can be used by players of all abilities.

The other thing which I like is the ability to turn off assistance for passing/shooting/crossing/through balls individually, or at least reduce the amount of help which you get. I've found that by leavind passing as fully assisted, turning down shooting help a notch, and making through balls fully manual, I have created a game which really suits me - simple short passes are a no-brainer, shooting is very refined but not as hard as on manual, and through balls are now a precise art.

I've not even ventured into superstar mode, as trying out the HUGE number of teams has kept me very busy. So far I can honestly say it's the best footie game I've played by a considerable margin, but we'll have to see how it holds up after prolongued play and the arrival of this year's PES...

Yeah, the 360 version is leagues ahead of the PC version for sure....the defense is pretty good, even in easy mode you need to use well worked plays...the general play is much more realistic, eg. the players just seems more skilled in the way they carry themselves...hard to explain but you will know what i mean when passing it around in the midfield in loose play, the way the players do things are just like in real life...the be a pro mode is alright, the camera is hard to get used to but has potential....

A few critisisms....I fear that game creators are focusing too much on online play and by doing so are cheapening the gaming experience...I don't play online, never have so I get my thrills over playing single player, yet there are a few features which were easy to implement but once again EA skimped on the effort...

Be a Pro mode, would it be so hard to implement it into a manager type mode? Where you are a player and you can get traded to different teams throughout a season, I was really wishing for the ability to create a character, start at a lowley team in Australia and work my way up to the EPL. And not this easy things where you can choose whatever team you want to no worries, say if I started as Perth Glory I would have to move to League 2 in England or J League or something to get prestige to make the move to where I wanted to go...it's the ultimate single player experience, and not so hard to implement, on a side note in manager mode you should also have to work you way up, how many rookie managers start off managing Liverpool straight up?

I fear that to get the money off the online components games are eventually going to be hollowed out, made to appeal to all your 'World of Warcraft' types who spend thier lives interacting online...I mean, sure it would be realistic to have one player controlling on player on the screen, but in doing so EA surely needs to back that up by making the other bits realistic as well, the trading, the need to work your way up the ladder, Football is a business these days, the games should reflect this....anyway, my bad, enough ranting, I am just sick of EA doing so much good the last two years but always pulling up just short..

Latest posts