• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fight For Life

lol :D

man look at the shape Koopu is in an the shape Parkinson is in at 3:03, I think Parkinson is gonna get knocked out

Last edited by a moderator:
As for the girl matchup, i spent a bit of time training with Hareb in basketball sides growing up. Shes an absolute beast; one of those people that treats every little task from training scrimmages to the finals as a matter of life and death. She was always the most rugged player on the court and was responsible for her fair share of opposition injuries. The other girl is just a ballroom dancer who really doesn't realise what shes getting in to, if she leaves with all her teeth she would have done a good job.

Paige Hareb may be a beast, but it would be a mistake for her to underestimate Hayley Holt. Holt is very, very quick on her feet so Hareb might struggle to get near enough to hit her hard enough to put her on the deck. This match up has all the hallmarks of Fighter v Boxer. I think it could be closer than you are picking.

TAB ODDS
CAMERON $1.13 VS BETHAM $5.00
CULLEN $1.85 VS LUKE $1.85
HOLT $1.70 VS HAREB $2.00
MCFARLAND $3.00 VS SEUSEU $1.33
MESSAM $1.33 VS SAILOR $3.00
PARKINSON $1.70 VS KOOPU $2.00
SPENCER $2.40 VS GUTTENBEIL $1.50

Some interesting odds, I would be fairly confident picking a few of these results.
Although maybe the TAB has some inside knowledge.

Can't see Cullen, McFarland, Parkinson or Spencer winning and I really don't think Betham can get past Cameron (6x2min rounds is in his favour though)

Last edited:
TAB ODDS
CAMERON $1.13 VS BETHAM $5.00
CULLEN $1.85 VS LUKE $1.85
HOLT $1.70 VS HAREB $2.00
MCFARLAND $3.00 VS SEUSEU $1.33
MESSAM $1.33 VS SAILOR $3.00
PARKINSON $1.70 VS KOOPU $2.00
SPENCER $2.40 VS GUTTENBEIL $.50

Some interesting odds, I would be fairly confident picking a few of these results.
Although maybe the TAB has some inside knowledge.

Can't see Cullen, McFarland, Parkinson or Spencer winning and I really don't think Betham can get past Cameron (6x2min rounds is in his favour though)

wtf how does Parkinson have better odds? Parkinson is in terrible shape and Koopu is in great shape, i think Koopu is gonna knock him out, that looks like a good one to bet on

Hayley Holt won her first boxing fight against Emma Ferguson last week

http://www.scottydonaldson.com/2011/11/hayley-holt-wins-boxing-fight-for.html

Last edited:
wtf how does Parkinson have better odds? Parkinson is in terrible shape and Koopu is in great shape, i think Koopu is gonna knock him out, that looks like a good one to bet on

Hayley Holt won her first boxing fight against Emma Ferguson last week

http://www.scottydonaldson.com/2011/11/hayley-holt-wins-boxing-fight-for.html

Parkinson has a background in boxing and is a complete mongrel, he has a fighters mentality. Koopu is ripped but hes technically not as good and he never had that urge to destroy people like Matua did..

whats Matua's background in boxing?

here's highlights of Hayleys fight with Emma Ferguson, looks like she won it comfortably but she did forget to keep her right hand up a few times, looks like she really tired at the end too, I hear Paige is very fit so that could be a big advantage for her for the last round, but Hayley looked really comfortable lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REXrNbBPyrM&feature=feedu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cG_jfGo6d4&feature=feedu

Yeah she went ok for a rookie. She had a good corner also. Because Hayley has already had a fight, Im going to bet on Hayley and thats without even seeing that other chick.

Dont know much about Matuas boxing but I think Justin Marshall does lol.

Im wondering if King Carlos will be as fancy in Boxing as he is in Rugby.

whats Matua's background in boxing?

here's highlights of Hayleys fight with Emma Ferguson, looks like she won it comfortably but she did forget to keep her right hand up a few times, looks like she really tired at the end too, I hear Paige is very fit so that could be a big advantage for her for the last round, but Hayley looked really comfortable lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REXrNbBPyrM&feature=feedu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cG_jfGo6d4&feature=feedu

Having seen that, I'll stick with my original call.

Hayley does look like a boxer, throwing good 1-2 and 1-2-3 combinations that looked like they were really hurting her opponent.

Some of her punches looked a bit roundhouse to me, which risks opening up the midriff if they aren't delivered quickly. A bit risky early in the bout.

The coach ought to get that right hand up before the weekend.

just seen the full fight, Hayley was actually pretty good, she beat up poor Emma :( , Hayley's had the best trainers, she's been trained by World Champion Danielle Smith

Guttenbeil vs Spencer seems like a bit of an unfair mismatch. Scrawny playmaker vs hulking loose-forward.. Maybe the guy organising the card is a Cantabrian.

not scrawny anymore

Shux Los is HUGE. Not too sure if more muscle is the way too go in the boxing ring.

Suddenly the idea of roids by AB's gets only a little bit stronger.

Winners:
SeuSeu
Parkinson
Holt
Guttenbeil
Luke
Messam
Cameron

Winner: LEAGUE

Shux Los is HUGE. Not too sure if more muscle is the way too go in the boxing ring.

Suddenly the idea of roids by AB's gets only a little bit stronger.

Winners:
SeuSeu
Parkinson
Holt
Guttenbeil
Luke
Messam
Cameron

Winner: LEAGUE

Good call, a guy who's been out of the All Blacks for seven years suddenly becoming ripped is definetly an indication of All Blacks using steroids...We won't mention he's been in South Africa for the last two or so years?

He does looked ripped though, can't believe just how huge he looks. Very impressive.

Last edited:
Would not have thought C.Spencer would've been a guy who kept on going to the gym after retiring, I was so wrong :p.

Is this going to be televised? Wouldn't mind getting up to watch it.

It's pay-per view in NZ via SKY. Hang around Youtube not long after, you'll probably find some of the matches. I can imagine some finishing pretty quickly.

Good call, a guy who's been out of the All Blacks for seven years suddenly becoming ripped is definetly an indication of All Blacks using steroids...We won't mention he's been in South Africa for the last two or so years?

He does looked ripped though, can't believe just how huge he looks. Very impressive.

Just referring to this article: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/5947543/All-Blacks-pair-took-steroids-in-the-1990s

The only one that popped into my mind during the 90's was Carlos who went from a stick playing for Horowhenua to a decent sized build playing for Auckland NPC to a beast during the mid to late 90's for the Blues and AB's.

Not that I'm saying that he did. Just saying that he popped into my mind.

He is one of the most impressive builds out of the fighters.* Even Slade doesn't look too bad.

*Hayley's my winner. :D

My predictions:

Shane Cameron vs. Monty Betham-----very easily
Liam Messam vs. Wendell Sailor-----close
Issac Luke vs. Christian Cullen
Jerry Seuseu vs. Slade McFarland
Awen Guttenbeil vs. Carlos Spencer
Wairangi Koopu vs. Matua Parkinson
Hayley Holt vs. Paige Hareb

Parkinson has a background in boxing and is a complete mongrel, he has a fighters mentality. Koopu is ripped but hes technically not as good and he never had that urge to destroy people like Matua did..

How do you know Koopu isn't a nut with his fists? Rugby mentality vs fighting mentality is too different things, plus they are good mates so will be very competitive.

Parkinson's boxing background is having 1 fight on fight for life about 5 years ago. He isn't a technician lol.

I think that will be a very entertaining fight, Mutts will have the power advantage, but he might lag in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

How do you know Koopu isn't a nut with his fists? Rugby mentality vs fighting mentality is too different things, plus they are good mates so will be very competitive.

Parkinson's boxing background is having 1 fight on fight for life about 5 years ago. He isn't a technician lol.

I think that will be a very entertaining fight, Mutts will have the power advantage, but he might lag in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

That and growing up boxing from the age of 12 and competing for national junior ***les. lol.

Latest posts