• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fight night Round 4

Last night was fight night

after the amateur tourny and a few pro bouts under my (A-Train Kulch's) and a record of 11 wins, 10kos 1 draw, i decided to pound mundine on the easiest level in fight now mode

i was tyson, and as predicted proceeeded to pound mundine face into a mold in the 1st round

then i was manny paquiao - and as predicted, even though smaller, still pounded mundine into the turf

then i was roy jones jnr - he didnt have any trouble for the man face poundings

tonight A Train Kulch, fighting out of Sydney Australia - has moved into the top 30 in the world in his legacy to the boxing federation

Mundine is lurking not far above the ranks - Finally Kulch will have his professional debut aganist the man the lout

In Canberra Raiders get up, walking into the arena to the likes of My People (Presets),DVNO (Justice) and Daft Punk, it wont be more than 3 fights away

Kulch v Mundine - THE THUNDER DOWN UNDER!!

Seriously loving this game!!

When you figure out how to block counter, you seriously start a new dimension of fighting

In round 3 I was a button boy, and ducked/weaved only

In round 4, I am a TPC and blocker counterer and ducking and weaving â€" I do everything now â€" depending on how the fight pans out, most of the elements of fight night are brought into the biff â€" the AI will react accordingly to your style, to you will need to mix it up and its immensely done right

online punch spammers can be conquered, whilst I am still learning to perfect this, I have won fights, thru proper boxing technique coming home over the top of spammers in the later rounds â€" BUT STILL THE STAMINA SHOULD GO DOWN A TINY BIT FASTER IMO â€" to get the right balance…you will notice this in that the lightweights stamina never tires, its pretty ridiculous

Apart from that, its nearly perfect, I wont say much else, in that it all very very good, well polished and well boxed, and is the KO of the year

There wont be many more satisfying moments in 2009, than coming over the top of the punch spammer in the latter rounds, by way of BOXING!!

Its bloody hectic, and bloody unreal

GO GET IT

Exactly my question Dale! Sounds really good. I'm just not sure I'm going to have the cash for a while for this one. I have so many good ***les lined up. Mostly Ashes 2009 and Beatles Rockband for the next three months. Might be able to stretch to one more ***le, but it's going to be close between this and a couple of others.

I'm passing, all I'm thinking about right now is Tiger Woods 10 Wii tomorrow, Ashes Cricket and possibly Batman Arkham Assylum depending on how addictive the Cricket is on and offline. Will give this a rent though.

I hit a massive hurdle in this

Must learn the training drills, as you cant beat the top 20 if you auto-train â€" your stats don’t rise enough

I lost about 7 of 10 fights on ‘pro’ last night after going 10-0 in the 1st 10 biffs……….once u cement your spot in the top 30, the easy wins are no longer and your fights are very much depending on how well you train.

I wasn’t bothered with training at first, as all I wanted to do was biff, I guess its good, now I gotto get dirty in the training.

X360 $95.00, but traded in UFC, Tiger09 and other sh*t, so it was free basically

Im wrapping up my first career with Tyson and while the actual boxing mechanics are very good and you have to really box and earn your wins, Ive about had enough of this game. Theres a few things that just ruin the experience.

1. The worst is the knockdowns. When you knock a guy down 80 percent of the time he does some stupid wwe bouce off the ropes. All the animations are canned and the way guys fall is not determined by the punch. You can be whaling on a guy and suddenly he just falls over and you dont even know what you hit him with. There are a couple of very good flash ko animtions, but Ive only seen them once in my entire career. Every time I work hard for a knockdown instead of feeling satisfied, Im left shaking my head at how terrible the knockdowns are. Not to mention most of the slow mo replays show that uppercuts dont even connect.

2. The punches have no snap, the only time you feel like you actually hit the other guy is when you land a counter punch. Otherwise it looks like theyre kind of rubbing each others faces. This is due to the fact that your punches always follow through even on a direct hit, rather than stopping and snapping their head back it slides across their face and seems like its rubbing. Haymakers are the worst. No impact at all.

3. Counter punching is busted just like parrying. Once you crank up the difficulty you dont even dare to punch as the AI will counter everthing. Just like the parry in FNR3. Its fun and rewarding to land counters because they have a great impact but it just gets out of control. Its given them a lazy way to make the AI good and it starts to take it away from being like boxing.

4. The same KO moment is in and while its not too bad, the AI turns into an armoured tank when youve got them hurt and you KNOW they know exactly what your gonna throw and block accordingly. The only way is to wear their guard down, but by the time youve done that they have recovered.

5. Career is still the same old stuff, sure its improved over round 3 but its still bare bones, theres nothing new. No rivalries, pointless emails and broken yearly awards. All the players that arent real boxers share the same faces with just different hair styles. Guys who Ive never fought challenge me to a match to 'settle the score'. The training games are better than round 3 and there are much more of them, but once you master them they become as tedious as ever, but you have to do it, autotraining leaves your boxer way down in the skills department. I enjoyed the ring walks and winning the belts, all the animations were good and satifying. The one that bothered me is when you touch gloves, they didnt have time to animate the refs mouth so in order to hide it they only show you this from the ref or the boxers back. I wanna be right up close not looking at the refs shirt. It has a good ranking system and all weight classes have fights simmed but at the end of the day it feels completely empty.

6. Getting up after a knock down. This animation has clearly been done by hand and is just terrible. I cringe every time I see guys crawling around on all fours before getting vacumn sucked back to the canvas. Worst thing is, you still cant knock a guy out cold were he will just lay there and not try to get up. You could do this on Knockout Kings 99 on PSone FFS.

Im not even going to start on the create a boxer, just terrible. I played a couple of matches online and it was fun. I was destroying a guy and he quit. In my second fight I got my ass kicked but it was fun. I may stick around to play a bit of online but alot of the things that I already said are still there and annoying me to no end.

The only great thing about this game is the fact that you can finally box a technical fight. Other than that it dosent really feel or often even look alot like boxing. I must admit once I mastered inside fighting with Tyson and started bobbing and weaving and taking guys apart, it really felt great but all the bad out weighs the for me. It is a great looking smooth running game, but many of the models either look terrible or like cartoons or have huge ***s.

If I hadnt got this game from play asia Id probably have taken it back. Since I cant, Ill finish my career as the GOAT......and give a good rest.

A quick couple of things I forgot to add about counter punching.

The AI will sometimes counter punch you when you didnt even throw a punch. They also have an uncanny knack for countering your counter punch. It starts to feel like the AI parry your parry shot in FNR3.

Sometimes when you do a counter it just dosent work, the other guy freezes you punch him and it just lands like normal, other times your boxer will just freeze letting the chance slip away.

Its frustrating because the only way to knock someone down is via a counter punch or in the KO moment. Normal puches just wont do it. It makes it very frustrating and unrealistic. Granted you can knock someone down with a normal punch if they have no stamina which is very rare because stamina regenrates and if you work the body for the whole fight your opponent will still have enough to prevent this, Ive done it once. Otherwise its just over-relying on the counter punch mechanic. Counter puching shouldnt be a gimmick just part of the fighting like Knock out kings 2001 on psone FFS. Or UFC.

Another thing that really bothers me is that in the demo haymakers looked great, and you could throw mean haymaker combos. You can no-longer do those combos in the final version. Its one at a time and they look crap. They were worried about them being too powerful so they changed and ruined them.

I played the demo and I think its a quality game. Can someone tell me how I should fight against my opponent and how do I KO them? I've had about 30 fights and haven't KO'd my opponent once.

Are talking about how to ko spmeone in the demo? In the demo you can use left and right hook haymaker combos to break down their guard then just hammer them some more. You cant do this in the full game.

Otherwise its all about counter punching. Bob and weave, duck and dive until you hurt them then go for the kill.

I enjoyed the demo and this game but it died pretty quick once I saw its true colours.

This game close to perfect

I can agree kind of in some points, but you hit the nail in the head with this

“The only great thing about this game is the fact that you can finally box a technical fightâ€

for me, it’s the major point, these other ****les you mention are just animation driven.

Online this game I cant put down every fight is a different fight, to each style for each opponent â€" there is no lag, it’s a game of CHESS, which is what boxing is, technically picking apart your opponent slowly, and then punding his face into a mould.

Most reviews are spot on, its atleast a 85% game in my opinion, and so far the sports game of the year

Career mode is for simpletons, it a little longer than round 3, but its still basic and plain.

But online is the cake, grab some and eat it, because it’s the best tasing yet

I would say that the actual boxing is close to perfect but the game very far from it. And this perfect boxing is surrounded by giant turds stinking the place up. All those ****les add up and keep drawing me out of the great boxing experience. Im in the heat of battle and loving it and then I knock someone down and am left underwhelmed and feeling like I wasnt rewarded for my hard work.

That being said Im still enjoying this. Just when I think Im done I have a great fight that makes me want to carry on. It seems many arent bothered by all the things I mentioned and thats good I guess but Im very fussy and dont like to see steps backwards from a development team that has had more time than most other yearly based sports games get.

But hey, its just a game. Its still fun. Id give it around a 7 out of 10 same as I would UFC. They are both great representations of their respective sports but both suffer from the same flaws. (crappy knockdowns, crap career, crap caf etc,).

I havent really touched online. I was having a good fight and working a guy down and right when he was ready to drop he quit.I kind of thougth that was a big waste of time. Ive played over 500 fights on ufc online so Im not shy, I havent really given online a chance. Im probably not good enough, but Ill give online a good crack before I make my final judgement.

Get online now Ceejay and do the World Championship, with your created boxer and custom entrance song

Its epic, if someone quits they cop the loss in world championship, unlike the other online modes.

I am about 32W-21L â€" but where I win and outplay my enemy is in pure boxing, technically ripping them apart slowly

I have 9 wins from 10 decisions, my boxers stats are balance well to go the duration of a fight, I find if punches are thrown hectically I lose, so I try to slow the down the fights as my fighters stats are suited by this

Your stats are levelled at 87 (or 85), so whatever you had 100 in, you get 87….if u have 90 in speed it will be lower than 85, so get my drift.

I get pumped by dudes in the top100, with maybe the odd surprise win by KO, and I pump anyone that has a lower win/loss record than myself

So many online epic battles it is pure awesomeness, this world championship
Tactics come into play with illegal blows (when to use one effectively), the corner game (when to save the points to get max recovery, when to use points on damage, when to draw the line that no extra stamina will help, so pump up your health)

This along with pumping the same area for cuts, headbutts for extra damage, counters, blocking the spammers effectively and coming over the top in the end, just using your weaponry in the most efficient way, will help you master the sweet science

Its like cricket and chess â€" constently trying to anticipate your opponents next move, with a move to stop it, and defeat him

You think alot in the game, and i love it soo much
The AI its not as fun, but online baby is where u feel you beating an individual in the mind games, and then bash the crap out of him - its the ultimate goal....mentally dominating some, then coming over the phsycially hurting them too.....you cant dominate anymore than that

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jul 7 2009, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Get online now Ceejay and do the World Championship, with your created boxer and custom entrance song

Its epic, if someone quits they cop the loss in world championship, unlike the other online modes.

I am about 32W-21L â€" but where I win and outplay my enemy is in pure boxing, technically ripping them apart slowly

I have 9 wins from 10 decisions, my boxers stats are balance well to go the duration of a fight, I find if punches are thrown hectically I lose, so I try to slow the down the fights as my fighters stats are suited by this

Your stats are levelled at 87 (or 85), so whatever you had 100 in, you get 87….if u have 90 in speed it will be lower than 85, so get my drift.

I get pumped by dudes in the top100, with maybe the odd surprise win by KO, and I pump anyone that has a lower win/loss record than myself

So many online epic battles it is pure awesomeness, this world championship
Tactics come into play with illegal blows (when to use one effectively), the corner game (when to save the points to get max recovery, when to use points on damage, when to draw the line that no extra stamina will help, so pump up your health)

This along with pumping the same area for cuts, headbutts for extra damage, counters, blocking the spammers effectively and coming over the top in the end, just using your weaponry in the most efficient way, will help you master the sweet science

Its like cricket and chess â€" constently trying to anticipate your opponents next move, with a move to stop it, and defeat him

You think alot in the game, and i love it soo much
The AI its not as fun, but online baby is where u feel you beating an individual in the mind games, and then bash the crap out of him - its the ultimate goal....mentally dominating some, then coming over the phsycially hurting them too.....you cant dominate anymore than that[/b]

No custom entrance music on PS3, or custom music full stop. It's one of the major reasons I'm not buying it. There's a big petition on the EA forums for it on PS3. If it comes in a patch I'll buy it.

it has nothing to do with the boxing element - but that does suck, as it captures the moment and puts you in the game with your tunes....everyone will blame EA, but deadset its a console issue.

If it was as easy to implement this option on the PS3, as it is with Xbox - IT WOULD HAVE BEEN DONE - simple.

Hopefully a patch can come out, i heard they are bringing in the buttons in a patch, so it looks quiet amendable post release

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jul 7 2009, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
it has nothing to do with the boxing element - but that does suck, as it captures the moment and puts you in the game with your tunes....everyone will blame EA, but deadset its a console issue.

If it was as easy to implement this option on the PS3, as it is with Xbox - IT WOULD HAVE BEEN DONE - simple.

Hopefully a patch can come out, i heard they are bringing in the buttons in a patch, so it looks quiet amendable post release[/b]

The PS3 custom soundtracks thing is now perfectly easy for any developer to put in and has been since late 2007. Microsoft own the patent for hardware-implemented custom soundtracks. For the PS3 it's just up to developers and EA is very chummy with microsoft over this.

Here's some info on it. Boy does it suck.

http://www.ripten.com/2008/03/31/microsoft...om-soundtracks/

wowsers
The PS3 is like a Ferrari, locked up in garage...I wonder if it will ever reach full speed

i am not privy to patents n sh*t, but M$ are morally farked, but whoever approves this sh*t needs a good check.

I havent created an boxer yet, so I cant do world champ online. The CAB is utter crap and I cannot be stuffed with gameface due to wildly unpredictable results. If I could download a decent one the maybe, so far Ive downloaded Rocky, Naseem Hahmed and Holyfield and they all look pretty bad in the game.

I prefer real boxers, some of the CABS like gollum, ronald mcD and Darth Maul really put me off fighting online with CABs.

And whats with the frickin ***le holders dodging guys and only fighting bums!? (like real boxing) There should be a number 1 contender and mandatory fights instead its just random encounters. You may never get a ***le shot even if you good.

I made it into the top 300 in UFC and really enjoy it, Id like to find the same level of enjoyment in FN online.

Custom soundtracks is the least of my worries for this game....how about some damn tattoos!!

The CAB is good Ceejay, evident by the accuracy and the plethora of shared boxers u can download from other users
Rocky, Obama, Borat, Michael Jackson all look VERY VERY MUCH IDENTICAL, regardless if they dont box, these virtual twins of their real life counterpart is proof in the pudding the CAB is good.
Considering only after 2 weeks we have alot of great likeness to download in due time more accurate CAB's will be there....There are like 25 rockys you can download, go to the 'most downloaded' rocky, and thats your best bet...if you dont go to most downloaded you just download CAB spam....*i use the word spam lately as its a word i have seen alot which to me is depicting repition and waste*..idiots creating CAb for the heck of it, and they dont even look like anyone, but the 'most downloaded' CAB's are quality - Rocky looks great, so does Appollo Creed...deadset Ron Burgandy is a splitting image....this is NOT **** CAB..its the best CAB we've seen, better than any other fight night and UFC....just not up to Tigerwoods10 level, which take Gameface to new technologies in galaxies away.
Yeah the belt holders can pick and choose - its a problem but they will lose a fight......they need more Belts, and they should be Regions...i'll never fight #1 in the world unless i am superlucky, but have had a few top100 biff already

Latest posts