• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fight Night rund 3

C

CeeJay

Just red ign review, its not too promising either. AK47 and anyone else looking forward to this should check it out, just go to the ign.com front page and follow the links.

Sounds like theyve screwed up the ai, and lied about the deapth. The reviewer thinks that career mode has gone backwards, and he has good grounds, check it out and tell me what you think.

February 17, 2006 - When looking at the generation gap between versions of Fight Night Round 3, it's clear EA Chicago put most of its effort into the Xbox 360 version of the game, which is the way it should be. The visuals in Fight Night Round 3 are so excellent that they actually enhance the gameplay. The gameplay has been revamped from what was already an excellent experience in Round 2 to a more balanced, complete boxing game, thanks mostly to the new impact punch system. EA also attempts to improve the career mode with the addition of rivals but, while a fine idea, it ultimately fails to enhance a mediocre single-player game. Still, with an outstanding multiplayer mode, good online mode and absolutely blistering impact punches, Fight Night Round 3 jumps up the list as one of most impressive sports ***les on the Xbox 360.

Visually, Fight Night Round 3 is one of the most impressive Xbox 360 ***les released yet, thanks mostly to the gorgeous, high-resolution boxers. While the 360 version seems to run just a tad slower than the current-gen version of the game, the animations are smooth and fluid, with nary a graphical hiccup. There are only a few minor details worth mentioning. When you knock your opponent down, occasionally part of his foot will disappear into the mat. There is also some occasional pop-in with the ropes, and when you knock someone in the mouth the blood looks a bit fake, but none of this significantly detracts from the awesome visual experience.

The knock-down replays return from Round 2, only this time around a stiff blow will send slow-motion ripples running through an unlucky boxer's face, and that never gets old. You can hit the X button over and over again to watch different angles of a knockout punch, and each time you're likely to induce screams, moans and groans from your friends in the room.

Round 3 throws next-gen graphics right in your face. 

The biggest visual improvement -- an improvement so important that it plays into the actual gameplay -- is the level of detail included on a boxer's face. When a boxer is hurt, you can see the pain in his face. When he's low on stamina, you can see the fatigue in his body language. When he's just been clocked by an impact punch, you can see the tears in his eyes and the fear in his very soul. With all of this visible in the game, EA went ahead and removed the HUD, eliminating the health and stamina meters. Keep in mind that the stamina and health system is exactly the same as last year; the meters are just hidden. This creates a much more instinctive fight, and you'll move in for the kill when you see your opponent slouching or cringing, not when you see a red energy meter nearly depleted. It's just as exciting to see that you've hurt your opponent and move in for the knockout as the actual knockout blow itself. All of this adds to a much more visceral boxing experience that more closely resembles real-life drama in the ring.

Of course, it's important to realize that things like adrenaline boosts still play a factor on the 360. With the HUD on, you can see that after you land a counter-haymaker, you receive an adrenaline boost and can land about 10 seconds worth of punches without tiring. Other than a brief increase in the speed of your fighter's movements, there's no indication that you have scored this boost, which, when used, is a huge advantage. Experienced fighters will know to move in and push the advantage, but newbs may continue to fight in the same style. As such, if you're new to the Fight Night franchise, it may be a good idea to turn on the HUD at first to learn the nuances of the game, but HUD-less it really the way to go to get the most out of the experience.

We get a ton of questions from readers asking if an HDTV is necessary to enjoy the visual upgrades of Xbox 360 games. Keep in mind, the 360 is a next-generation console designed for high-definition gameplay on a next-generation television, so plugging it in to a 19-inch flat-tube is like hooking up your kick-ass digital sound system to a record player. Obviously, you'll reap the rewards of a 1080i setup with a picture so sharp you can see the fear in your opponent's eyes when you land an impact punch. Sometimes it looks like these fighters are about to cry. On a standard-def set, Fight Night still looks gorgeous, but the picture is not as sharp and, on a smaller screen, it's more difficult to see when you've hurt your opponent and should move in for the kill, which is the whole point of EA's idea of HUD-less gameplay[/b]

The review looked promising to me :)

The main thing that I look for is the multiplayer aspect and it looks like they have improved that quite well.

Also I like how they have removed the HUD and have instead improved the body and facial language of each fighter so you will know when yopu are in trouble. As he said....this makes for a more realistic fight.

The online review also on IGN looks promising....that should be good especially with the world rankings and all.

No online for me, single player is all i got and it sounds pretty ominous. I think its he page after that were he explains that he was able to beat ali on the hardest difficulty with a middleweight!! He also did a test were he left himself defenseless just to see what they did, and in an entire round they landed seven jabs, a hook and not much else(if i remember correctly) Basically the ai sounds like its not a challenge at all wich is a shocker considering round 2 was a good challenge. No ladder to climb career mode? rivalries are just crap, like in KO kings 2001(PSone) it just tells you that some guy is your rival, nothing more nothing less. If hes famous you get a weigh in scene were you get punhced, but he says this adds no deapth. Ill check out some more reviews before i totally make up my mind, but i am very sceptical of this game now.

after reading several reviews, there is no other mention of bad ai, infact one even said it was good. IGN reviews are usually pretty reliable. I guess ill hav to wait and see for myself.

that part about the AI punching only 7 times in a free hit round seems shocking

i am researching this

neoseeker forums normally good.

public feedback is #1
reviews come 2nd

heck thats why we on here for the RUGGERS games

Well, alot of the user reviews ive read are vague. These people hav only had the game for a day or too. The ign reviewer has obvioulsy had it ahead of time. Hopefully over the next week we will get some good feedback on the hardest difficulty AI.

Yeah that only landing seven punches thing makes you wonder how it even got past the testers. If its true anyway. I will check out the neoseeker forums aswell.

Just checked out neoseeker forums, and theres not any info yet.

Thats what ive found too, but very few of them mention the ai. Maybe after extended play it gets too easy. The ign guy sounds like hed been playing through an entire carrer.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 22 2006, 01:04 PM
Thats what ive found too, but very few of them mention the ai. Maybe after extended play it gets too easy. The ign guy sounds like hed been playing through an entire carrer.
gotto admit the lack of world ranking in career is a real downer

this popularity crap they have instead

feels like WWE

what crap

i mean FFS

i loved round 2 career mode
how can they take a step backwards
really shocking to say the least

but coz of the visuals and multiplayer action i will stil get this

ok the gamespot forums have been going nuts

the most public activity regarding this ***le

mixed reports all around

some love it

some hate it

i am still getting it...........i like the old fight nights, and am happy about most of the gameplay has remained the same............some people reckon its too slow now...IMO the old ones were too fast....once u speed was nearing maximus....ur fists would blurr across the screen.......i like it how this has been slowed down

the main gripe i will have is the career mode.........which apparantly has taken a semi step backwards...no rankings etc

i wont have online for a while so this is going to **** me.....but i reckon the graphics will pass the test of time for this ***le.........if i can get some hardcore fans CAB critieria for Mundine, Green, Tyson and Kostya...i will have plenty of play time to look forward to.

I mean its looks so damn good, being a able to create a real life boxer, is like having him in the game.....its WILL for once look like the real deal...even simulate fights, grab some mates, beers and $$, and have bets on which AI which will, in a simulated Mundine v Green SHOWDOWN at my joint....how sick!!!

A least in career mode you can now scout your opponent and shedule a sparring session based on his style. This will hope fully make up for some of the other ****. I might hire it on xbox first to make sure i like it.

Latest posts