• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FIJI vs JAPAN

J

Juggernaut

FIJI: 15 Kameli Ratuvou, 14 Vilimoni Delasau, 13 Seru Rabeni, 12 Seremaia Bai, 11 Isoa Neivua, 10 Nicky Little, 9 Mosese Rauluni©, 8 Sisa Koyamaibole, 7 Akapusi Qera, 6 Semisi Naevo, 5 Wame Lewaravu, 4 Kele Leawere, 3 Henry Qiodravu, 2 Sunia Koto, 1 Graham Dewes
Replacements: 16 Vereniki Sauturaga, 17 Jone Railomo, 18 Netani Talei, 19 Aca Ratuva, 20 Jone Daunivucu, 21 Gabiriele Lovobalavu, 22 Norman Ligairi

Japan: 15 Go Aruga, 14 Christian Loamanu, 13 Yuta Imamura, 12 Shotaro Onishi, 11 Kosuke Endo, 10 Bryce Robins, 9 Tomoki Yoshida, 8 Takuro Miuchi©, 7 Philip O'Reilly, 6 Hare Makiri, 5 Luke Thompson, 4 Hitoshi Ono, 3 Tomokazu Soma, 2 Yuji Matsubara, 1 Tatsukichi Nishiura
Replacements: 16 Taku Inokuchi, 17 Ryo Yamamura, 18 Takanori Kumagae, 19 Ryota Asano, 20 Yuki Yatomi, 21 Koji Taira, 22 Hirotoki Onozawa

Saracen winger Kameli Ratuvou was named to start at fullback ahead of Ligairi. Veteran lockforward Iferemi Rawaqa was rested because of calf strains. Powerful midfield combo with some pace in the loosies.

John Kirwan has named an entirely new starting XV from the one that played against Australia giving a start to former Hurricanes utility Bryce Robbins.

Should be an entertaining match.

FIJI by 20.

Ratuvou will be dangerous on offensive set plays and my prediction 9 hours before the game is Fiji 69 Japan 7.

I like Semisi Naevo at ( 6 ) because he can scramble back in defense to make cover tackles for the backs.

Fiji will smash Japan. After i saw Japan play last weekend they have no hope in any games...

geez i remember bryce robins, he wasn't too bad. luke thompson sounds familiar too.

what was the scoreline when these two met earlier in the year? im sure it would be even, but highly entertaining!

Hey R.Roots. Remember our bet? +10rep if Fiji wins by 21 or more. and +5 for me if Japan win - which is highly unlikely.

Japan are playing some good rugby! Fiji are pulling away a bit but Japan are looking pretty good compared to Saturday! I would like Japan to get another try and i think that it is possible from the way that Japan have been playing!

Brilliant game. Perhaps the in this world cup. Maybe not technically, but for sheer excitement then I would vote for this one.

In the last few minutes of added time there I was literally shouting for the Japanese to get that try they were desperatey working so hard towards. It would have raised the roof off the stadium in Tolouse had they got it.

<div class='quotemain'>
What a fantastic game this has been.
[/b]

100% true, very exciting final too, Fiji could have regretted not to finish the match earlier. [/b][/quote]

Indeed...nice bit of cavalier, suicide rugby from the melanesians there. Anyother less fashionable fixture serving up a fantastically enjoyable match. Loving this world cup!

Indeed...nice bit of cavalier, suicide rugby from the melanesians there. Anyother less fashionable fixture serving up a fantastically enjoyable match. Loving this world cup!
[/b]

Me too, now Italy vs Romania, rugby overdose :bana:

Game of the tournament so far. Fantastic viewing. It was kinda heartbreaking to see the entire Japan team collapse at the end. Shows how much they put into it.

The thing about this world cup is that all the players from the minor nations know that a couple of good games could get them signed up in Europe...it could really change their lives. This, on top of the usual national pride, makes for some tremendous gritty performances. The crowds are responding too...the atmospheres so far have been superb.

What a game! what an ending, I was willing Japan to score the last try they needed. It was just obvious they were completely out on their feet. 5 or 6 minutes of attacking, wonderfull stuff.

Well done Japan, excellent performance.

Fiji looked woefully weak up front though, getting turned over at virtually every ruck. Don't see much trouble for Wales in tje second half of this group.

I nearly pulled all my hair out in the last 10 mins of this game.... :rahh: :rahh: .. we had 2 chances to kick the ball out but instead gave it back to the Kamikaze to attack & attack.

Thank God our defence stood the test.

Definitely the match of the tournament so far (lets ignore the dull first half).

Now to rest with the game against Canada in 4 days time. :ranting:

Wow, this was a fun match to watch! I thought Fiji was going to win easily. If they keep playing like these, they will have a lot of problems with Canada!

Good Game by Fiji, Final score Fiji 35 -31 Japan. Player of the match was the openside flanker for gloucester ( Akapusi Qera )...scored two tries....