• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

First official Rugby 2005 patch

Thanks! I had stopped playing the game b/c of this flag discrepency......

<

PC!

Is it the game or the mods you guys really like playing with the most?

I mean - F-U-C-K me.......

No all good stuff...yes, sorry.

is that all?

just the flag?

anyother changes?.........whoopdidoo they finally changed the flag for ireland im gonna start playing it for heaps more!

Oh my god, the world is now a better place! I threw rugby 2005 in the bin because of the Irish flag discrepancy. I mean , how can you possibly play a good game of rugby with such a glaring error? Terrible I say, terrible.

I have fished the game out of the bin, wiped of a few chips from last nights supper, and began playing again. Life is good!

<

lol exactly!

the flags improved everything..........kootos to you EA kootos to you!

I presume the patch doesn't overwrite any of the custom modded kits or anything like that?

Probably not, because they pack the fsh files into the .gob file which is around 400mb. It'll be simple stuff like a tweak here and there in the gameplay and small graphical changes.

i have noticed a slight improvement in the a1's offense with the patch...

they seem to spread the ball wide a bit more than before, and arent afraid to pass it around

the set plays seem easier to activate - before, they would not always do anything

anyone else noticed anything with the patch?

This is what it says on ea website :

"This patch addresses some of the most significant issues found with the game so far."

I have not yet noticed any big changes but I've only played a couple of games after installing patch

Right where is the problem with the Irish flag? The tricolour is meant to represent the whole of Ireland, not just the Republic, hence the Orange colour in the flag.

Can't believe there's no readme or anything documenting which bugs were fixed. What does "most significant" mean?

the irish tricolour is the national flag of the republic. it is not 'orange', it is 'gold' and does not represent the north as the official line is the colours have no meaning. you would think they may have bigger concernes however.

i have played with patch and it may just be my imagination but the ai does seem to have toughened up a bit and they seem a bit more willing to spread the ball.

I've so far noticed absolutely no difference playing with this patch whatsoever. Nice work EA, well worth the effort
<

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Apr 13 2005, 06:30 AM
I've so far noticed absolutely no difference playing with this patch whatsoever. Nice work EA, well worth the effort
<
I know...
On the website it says "fixes major issues with the game so far"... Now it may be just me, but I thought the general consensus was that the major problem with the game was the lack of offloads!

"Meaning of the Colours: Officially (i.e. in the national constitution) the colours of the Irish flag have no meaning."

i know what the flag looks like mate, im half irish and have lived there. people read into whta the colours mean, but when designed they meant nothing. i do know my facts

Latest posts