• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

First Rugby League 2 movie to hit the web

What about the other questions in this thread. So far it seems like the game has all the same bugs of the original, I would rather have these fixed that anything else. You now, the dodgy passing, AI, not being able to touch the ball down in any other way than diving, akward running animation, urealistic 1 on 1 tackles, half hour offloads. I got the impression that all this stuff would be fixed, this is way more important than graphics and options, and cut scenes. Oh well, glad I found this ouy now and not on the day of release!!

Originally posted by Mario+Jun 13 2005, 06:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Jun 13 2005, 06:22 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Jun 8 2005, 11:40 PM
is this game being released in september???
Yes, its due for release in September. [/b]
thanks for answering the tough questions Mario.

nah, seriously, come on dude....these games get made to make a profit, not out of the goddness of anyone's heart or anything so friggin' precious as that...

That profit comes from who?

FROM US.

answer the questions that need answering or have everyone not trust you at all and hire the game instead - thus eventtually deciding not to buy it. Ultimately the consumer makes the call here. So we look forward to answering questions in these threads that matter. If in any doubt, answer the ones you don't want to first - they are thus probably the most revealing to us. Thanks. :)

i agree..i asked so many...and..i cant be bothered

im gonna rent this first and if it sucks..not gonna spend any more dimes on it...and im not trusting this rubbish board coz what they said of rugby 2005...."its the best rugby game outthere"....

if thats the best that technology cud produce in this day then this planet sucks!

Originally posted by Los Lover+Jun 14 2005, 05:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Jun 14 2005, 05:48 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Mario@Jun 13 2005, 06:22 PM

Yes, its due for release in September.

nah, seriously, come on dude....these games get made to make a profit, not out of the goddness of anyone's heart or anything so friggin' precious as that...

FROM US.

answer the questions that need answering or have everyone not trust you at all and hire the game instead - thus eventtually deciding not to buy it. Ultimately the consumer makes the call here. So we look forward to answering questions in these threads that matter. If in any doubt, answer the ones you don't want to first - they are thus probably the most revealing to us. Thanks. :) [/b]
the dump fools and general public f**ckwits said they were happy with how the first rugby league game played

i for one WAS NOT happy with RL1

soo many people said if was good, and a great first up effort, and feedback thus far from sidhe suggests not much gameplay has been revamped (perhaps improved), but not revamped, which the whole running/passing and attacking kicking game needed

all the refs bugs etc are apparantly ironed out, but the gameplay will be more of the same, just a little touched up

now these dicks that had to mod the first rl game for their own gameplay issues are the ones that said the gameplay is fine

the core product sold on the shelves for xbox and ps2 played and felt like ****
wasnt free flowing, too jerkey and fast, and was a button mash fest for speed.

it will be improved, but not revamped, which IMO it needed revamping coz for people to say rl1 (non modded version) plays and feels better than the passing and running game of rugby 2005 need their heads checked

sure offloading if impossible in rugby 2005, but the running and passing is so fluid and at perfect speed...................rl1 was like controlling epileptics on speed and crack, with a blind ref that loved to blow!!!

throw in that bugs etc, and ur shelved product is a piece of shite

yeah a good first effort
but u dont get many second chances in this industry
WCR and Sidhe have D days coming up
Sidhe with a niche league market may be back, but if any competitors join the league fray, sidhe will be in for some profit cuts.

I think most of us where very forgiving of the first installment, being that it was the first league game in a long time, and we knew it was a first for Sidhe, and that they where only a small dev team. The second time round people wont be so forgiving. After carefully examining the video it is clear that the same eratic passing is still there, with many passes resulting in the ball looking like it has sprouted wings and is flying to its target! In this video there are only one on one hump tackles, in league nearly every tackle is atleast two man, they were there in RL1 why not just increase the frequency. Dogdy AI still there, when a break is made no players follow in support making any passes go flying half a mile backwards, this sucks because it means you cant score classic draw and pass league tries when one on one wiht the fullback. The animation looks like it is all the same. I know it is still a work in progress, but c'mon, we all know that these problems cannot be fixed by sepetmber. So, whats the story? honestly?

p.s.
many people had been complaining that no videos for RL2 were available at this late stage, now we know why.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jun 15 2005, 11:30 AM
I know it is still a work in progress, but c'mon, we all know that these problems cannot be fixed by sepetmber.
Do we?

Originally posted by ak47+Jun 15 2005, 10:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jun 15 2005, 10:37 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Los Lover@Jun 14 2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Mario@Jun 13 2005, 06:22 PM

Yes, its due for release in September.

FROM US.

answer the questions that need answering or have everyone not trust you at all and hire the game instead - thus eventtually deciding not to buy it. Ultimately the consumer makes the call here. So we look forward to answering questions in these threads that matter. If in any doubt, answer the ones you don't want to first - they are thus probably the most revealing to us. Thanks. :)
the dump fools and general public f**ckwits said they were happy with how the first rugby league game played

i for one WAS NOT happy with RL1

soo many people said if was good, and a great first up effort, and feedback thus far from sidhe suggests not much gameplay has been revamped (perhaps improved), but not revamped, which the whole running/passing and attacking kicking game needed

all the refs bugs etc are apparantly ironed out, but the gameplay will be more of the same, just a little touched up

now these dicks that had to mod the first rl game for their own gameplay issues are the ones that said the gameplay is fine

the core product sold on the shelves for xbox and ps2 played and felt like ****
wasnt free flowing, too jerkey and fast, and was a button mash fest for speed.

it will be improved, but not revamped, which IMO it needed revamping coz for people to say rl1 (non modded version) plays and feels better than the passing and running game of rugby 2005 need their heads checked

sure offloading if impossible in rugby 2005, but the running and passing is so fluid and at perfect speed...................rl1 was like controlling epileptics on speed and crack, with a blind ref that loved to blow!!!

throw in that bugs etc, and ur shelved product is a piece of shite

yeah a good first effort
but u dont get many second chances in this industry
WCR and Sidhe have D days coming up
Sidhe with a niche league market may be back, but if any competitors join the league fray, sidhe will be in for some profit cuts. [/b]
I felt the same about JLR when it came out... good for a first effort, but so much was just wrong in that game it wasn't funny! No wonder WCR dissapointed everyone!
As for another company making a league game, well I think that is pretty unlikely to be honest, no other company has looked like putting money forward yet, so I'd so not.
Anyway though boys, try to save judgement till the actuall game comes out...

Originally posted by sanzar@Jun 15 2005, 01:20 PM
I felt the same about JLR when it came out... good for a first effort, but so much was just wrong in that game it wasn't funny! No wonder WCR dissapointed everyone!
As for another company making a league game, well I think that is pretty unlikely to be honest, no other company has looked like putting money forward yet, so I'd so not.
Anyway though boys, try to save judgement till the actuall game comes out...
not pickin bones at ya rooster

but it is a known fact, not matter of opinion that JLR was ahead of its time (look at todays rugby games, WCR's rugby 2004'sdisappontment), and was the benchmark for many years)

also all it takes is the dummy.......the pawn.......the bunny...... to be the first and if successful the bandwagon gets bigger

ie sidhe being the 1st, and succeeded (saleswise) at a league genre........now others see the light and jump on board

just like Madden/Fifa/NBA, GOLF in early 90's........once only had 1 game each.............these days u can pick from about 10 ***les of each sport to take ur fancy.

RL1 didnt cut the mustard for a $100 game, when I see GT4 and ESPN and other blockbusters sell for sub $100
RL1 was a good first effort, as was JLR and Warnies
2nd effort is what counts........its D Day for these league/rugby games this spring
thank god i got the sport of kings to ease the potential anguish if these rugby ***les fail

How can you resereve judgement after having seen the video? and do you really think they can or will fix these problems in the next 3 months or so?

Normally you cant judge a game by its videos as its been deceptively edited so you cant get a good picture of the game(rugby 2005) but this is pure game footage, no doubts about that, and its the same as RL1 in all the places that count.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jun 16 2005, 11:03 AM
How can you resereve judgement after having seen the video? and do you really think they can or will fix these problems in the next 3 months or so?
I guess we'll find out in a couple of months.

If you don't feel RL2 has improved enough over RL1, then don't buy it. Simple as that.

Originally posted by Mario@Jun 16 2005, 08:04 PM
If you don't feel RL2 has improved enough over RL1, then don't buy it. Simple as that.
Sounds like a motto I'll be going with.

Even if I dont think this game is improved enough I will probably still buy it because I want to support sidhe and their future installments of this game. However, the video is contradictory to alot of the good things I have read about this game, and I want to make sure that these things are on the list of things to be fixed. I not trying to nitpick, I just want the best RL game possible. Can I expect these problems to be fixed, honestly?

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jun 16 2005, 10:19 PM
Even if I dont think this game is improved enough I will probably still buy it because I want to support sidhe and their future installments of this game. However, the video is contradictory to alot of the good things I have read about this game, and I want to make sure that these things are on the list of things to be fixed. I not trying to nitpick, I just want the best RL game possible. Can I expect these problems to be fixed, honestly?
Depending on your particular list of "issues", some or all of them may already be fixed.

Originally posted by Mario+Jun 17 2005, 01:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Jun 17 2005, 01:31 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay
@Jun 16 2005, 10:19 PM
Depending on your particular list of "issues", some or all of them may already be fixed. [/b]
We're intrigued....

but....

oh - now I'm not...

with elaboration I might be though. I can tell you are a good man Mario, so more info less sale pitch. thanks.

<

Originally posted by Los Lover+Jun 17 2005, 01:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Jun 17 2005, 01:07 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Mario@Jun 17 2005, 01:31 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay

Depending on your particular list of "issues", some or all of them may already be fixed.
We're intrigued....

but....

oh - now I'm not...

with elaboration I might be though. I can tell you are a good man Mario, so more info less sale pitch. thanks.

<
[/b]
The reason why I quoted "issues" is that there seems to be a great deal of variability in the actual number of issues that people perceive in the video. Some people like it and contend the game looks better, some people claim the video doesn't look any different from Rugby League 1 in terms of graphics and animation.

The reality of the matter is that there were some legitimate points raised by people such as the number of "standing grapple" tackles which appeared - a known issue at the time which has been resolved.

However, if someone is subscribing to the belief that the graphics are the same as Rugby League 1, this is purely a matter of opinion and not something we are "fixing", especially given it is the belief of the development team that the graphics have improved signficantly (and indeed, we have more to look at than a grainy, shaky piece of video footage from an old work-in-progress build).

Originally posted by Mario+Jun 17 2005, 02:20 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Jun 17 2005, 02:20 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Los Lover@Jun 17 2005, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Mario@Jun 17 2005, 01:31 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay

We're intrigued....

but....

oh - now I'm not...

<
The reason why I quoted "issues" is that there seems to be a great deal of variability in the actual number of issues that people perceive in the video. Some people like it and contend the game looks better, some people claim the video doesn't look any different from Rugby League 1 in terms of graphics and animation.

The reality of the matter is that there were some legitimate points raised by people such as the number of "standing grapple" tackles which appeared - a known issue at the time which has been resolved.

However, if someone is subscribing to the belief that the graphics are the same as Rugby League 1, this is purely a matter of opinion and not something we are "fixing", especially given it is the belief of the development team that the graphics have improved signficantly (and indeed, we have more to look at than a grainy, shaky piece of video footage from an old work-in-progress build). [/b]
well, then show us a side view video - the way it's played...so we can see it without the terrible feel of passing etc from that angle.

There were only really a few crucial things that had to be improved and only these need to be addressed (the others are nitpickers - and I speak for the gamers here):

- Players not taking ages to get going from dummy half or receiving the ball.
- defence that doesn't have you down to ten men every game - realistic appraisal of the timing of your tackles etc.
- realistic AI in terms of opposition and also of players within your OWN team (support play on breaks etc - but in all major areas too)
- the face buttons were too stacked for controlling defence - double thumbing etc...get one of those up top.
- Career options for club/country etc - dealing season in and out with injuries etc....
- Better graphics

sorry - 6.

and on the last issue- can't tell with that ugly up-down view. want to compare the look to a game - games aren't watched like this....check your television and you'll see what we mean.

thanks Mario

please answer improvements one by one pertaining to above "issues" - these are the "issues" you can deal with first as they will make or break the game.

No comment on them - and we will assume the answer is "no changes".

Cheers.

I think I'll wait for the trailer first!
<

Nah, I'm buying it anyway, even if it gets a bad review!

The "issues" for me are not the graphics, I think there has been a considerable improvement in that area, as well as game options. The biggest problem for me based on the video is the passing, in RL1 it was difficult sometimes to get the ball to the player you want, the ball gets thrown wildy at times and you dont have much control. In the video this same wild and crazy passing is still going on. I would like to be able to pass to the nearest guy to me whenever I want. This brings me to the second problem, when a break is made the player drags of his support, ruining some potentialy cool tries. These things combine cause you to be unable to beat the fullback with a draw and pass because (a) your support is not there most of the time, and(
<
you can only hit him with a pass if your lucky. For me these are the most important to the game, anything else and I make do without for now. Based on the video, these problems from RL1 seem to be still there, are these problems you are aware of? Will they be fixed in this or any future build of RL?

P.S.What about that crazy cut out ball from the scrum near the end of the video clip??!!

Latest posts