• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

First Rugby League 2 movie to hit the web

Only have a few minutes online (checking out of hotel in 5 minutes!), so apologies for the short answers.

Originally posted by Los Lover@Jun 17 2005, 02:05 AM
- Players not taking ages to get going from dummy half or receiving the ball.

You can now scoot from dummy half, and the "flat footed runner" issue has been resolved by fixing an issue with limited acceleration after receiving the ball and better support play in general.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
- defence that doesn't have you down to ten men every game - realistic appraisal of the timing of your tackles etc.[/b]

Tackle overshooting doesn't happen as much, so this may improve your experience if I understand your problem.

- realistic AI in terms of opposition and also of players within your OWN team (support play on breaks etc - but in all major areas too)[/b]

AI has been improved in most situations. Its "better".

- the face buttons were too stacked for controlling defence - double thumbing etc...get one of those up top.[/b]

Selecting players in defence has been improved which should remove some necessity for the use of the Square button in some situations.

- Career options for club/country etc - dealing season in and out with injuries etc....[/b]

Franchise mode included allowing team management, catering for injuries etc

- Better graphics[/b]

Significantly improved with new animation, more detailed textures and geometry, more realistic likenesses, and better cutscenes.

Sounds good to me. Obviously that video can not be taken too seriously. How long can we expect to wait for the official trailer Mario? Within the next 1 or 2 months?

i am with Ceejay on this

the passing was shocking in rl1

its 13 epileptics on crack v 13 epileptics on pingas

the pass was a speedy blur and went where you least expected it

ie either floated 3 metres forward to call a forward pass, or it jetsped 45 degrees backwards to find a man 10 metres behind u and get wrapped up then and there as he catches it

support play would fix most of this and a slower passing animation

if issues arent addressed i can safley say only the franchise mode and love of the sport will get my purchase

it still wont be much fun if that video is any indication of the passing.

Graphics - big deal...........there's no dirt on the jerseys still, so i could play with 13 JLR looking dudes if the passing is fixed.
they are going to look cut and pasted in wet weather games with no dirt

this trailer we speak of will be make or break for the REAL gamers
80% of the people on the RL2 forum are 10-15 yrs old, with no idea of a good game, and no real experience of JLR, Rugby 2001 to comment or suggest issues of our lateral passing footy sports.

For those with a modded version of RL1 - I envy u as i still havent had fun playing my fave sport!

p.s kicking for goal needs 100% revamping.............make it like madden or rugby 2005...............RL1 has officially the worst kicking for goal system ever......its more like NBA free throws than kicking.

Originally posted by ak47@Jun 17 2005, 01:09 PM
p.s kicking for goal needs 100% revamping.............make it like madden or rugby 2005...............RL1 has officially the worst kicking for goal system ever......
No, that award definately goes to WCR and JLR! Hands down that was the worst kicking system ever!

I actually thought the kickin in RL1 was pretty good! I liked the way you had to strike the ball correctly and not just aim... The only problem was it lacked a power metre or the ability to change it's hight.
And those 2 things are certain to have been fixed.

Graphics - big deal...........there's no dirt on the jerseys still, so i could play with 13 JLR looking dudes if the passing is fixed.
they are going to look cut and pasted in wet weather games with no dirt[/b]

Who cares? I personally hated the dirt system on Rugby 2005! After 5 minutes of a wet game all the players were so muddied up you couldn't tell them apart! It was irritating!

Originally posted by sanzar@Jun 17 2005, 02:02 PM
Who cares? I personally hated the dirt system on Rugby 2005! After 5 minutes of a wet game all the players were so muddied up you couldn't tell them apart! It was irritating!
its realistic in r2005

if only they gave them new jerseys at half time like in real life muddy games

nothing wrong at all except the lack of new jerseys at half time

and u could always tell whom was who in the 1st half

only in the 2nd half did it get messed up

new jerseys at half time is all that was missed

authentically the dirt in r2005 is spot on
they could have had different levels of dirt..............it is still BETTER THAN NO DIRT!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ak47+Jun 17 2005, 02:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jun 17 2005, 02:43 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Jun 17 2005, 02:02 PM
its realistic in r2005

they could have had different levels of dirt..............it is still BETTER THAN NO DIRT!!!!!!! [/b]
I dunno aye... I don't see players get very muddied up in league anymore... not since they had cotton jersey's and couldn't properly drain feilds. I think it would be unrealistic as it doesn't happen all that much. A wet game in league just means the jersey's get... well WET! They rarely get muddied.

Originally posted by sanzar@Jun 17 2005, 01:11 PM
Los, most of the stuff you asked was on the FAQ in the rl2 forum...
Oh come on dude! A lot of people will be better off, me included, with having that information.

I feel Mario missed the point on the "down to ten men" question - by which I meant that every second time you go for an aggressive tackle which you have to on harder levels or just slip off - you do a head high..no matter what!...I still hope he will answer this question again.

However - on the other issues I feel I and anyone else after this info (who deosn't search the web like a bloodhound after scraps of info) will be happier with the state of the game now. I know I am.

<

also mario or anyone - is franchise club AND country?

FAQ from their site:

This thread will provide answers for a number of commonly asked questions.

Sidhe Interactive will update this thread intermittently, at our convenience, in order to provide you with the latest information that we are able to release.

What are the key new features of Rugby League 2?

New features of “Rugby League 2†include

Multiplayer online play for all platforms, allowing competitive and friendly play over the Internet, player rankings, and statistics.
All major teams and competitions including the NRL, SuperLeague, State of Origin, City versus Country, and a range of International Teams.
Brand new gameplay features including ball stripping, shoulder barges, diving on and kicking the loose ball, contesting the high ball, pass to playmaker and more.
New multi year Franchise Mode, including player contract management, injuries, judiciary, and mid season representative games.
Highly realistic, individually modelled likenesses for over 500 players and referees.
Lifelike animation, motion captured by Weta Digital, the VFX wizards behind The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy.

When and where will Rugby League 2 be released?

The game is currently slated for release in September 2005.

Rugby League 2 will be available primarily in Australia, New Zealand and the UK. Limited quantities of the game will also be available in other PAL territories.

What game platforms will Rugby League 2 be available on?

PlayStation 2 and PC versions of Rugby League 2 have been announced to date.

Will Rugby League 2 be released on Xbox?

We are not in a position to confirm whether Rugby League 2 will be available on Xbox at the moment. However, Home Entertainment Suppliers will be making further exciting announcements in the coming months regarding Rugby League 2 on other platforms, and hopefully one of these announcements will fulfil your expectations.

When can I preorder Rugby League 2 from my local store?

Preorder policies are dictated by individual retailers, so please enquire with your local videogame store as to when preorders may become available.

Where can I preorder Rugby League 2 online?

Australia
DVDCrave - PS2

NZ
The Gamesman - PS2, PC
GamePlanet Store - PS2, PC

UK
none known at this time

Note: Sidhe Interactive is not affiliated with any of the retailers listed above. This list is provided for informational purposes only, and as such Sidhe Interactive does not recommend any retailer nor should we be held responsible for retailer quality of service.

Is preordering Rugby League 2 beneficial to me?

Yes, preordering will generally secure you a copy of the game if there is high demand in your area, as well as potentially getting a discount on the full purchase price. Many retailers also allow preorders to be cancelled at no penalty should you receive information about Rugby League 2 which changes your mind about purchasing it.

Preordering is also beneficial to the developer and publisher, as it enables us to more accurately determine the initial quantities of the game to manufacture which will enable us to better fill demand.

Will a demo of Rugby League 2 be released?

A demo of the game will appear at some point. It has not been determined whether this will be created and distributed before or after release of the full game.

When will new screenshots or video be released?

New screenshots and video is planned for distribution between now and the release of the game. There is no estimate on when new media will arrive at this time.

Will fights appear in Rugby League 2?

Fighting in NRL matches is not condoned by the NRL, and it is their wish that fighting does not appear in Rugby League 2. This stance is supported by Home Entertainment Suppliers and Sidhe Interactive.

What stadia will appear in Rugby League 2?

A definitive list of included stadia will be made available closer to release of the ***le. Rugby League 2 will contain more stadia than Rugby League, and in particular will include a more complete set of UK based stadia.

What teams will appear in Rugby League 2?

Rugby League 2 will again contain the NRL, SuperLeague, City/Country, and State of Origin competitions, along with associated teams and selected internationals.

A full, definitive list of included teams will be made available closer to release of the ***le. Rugby League 2 will contain more teams than Rugby League.

Can you elaborate on the details of new features in the game such as the franchise mode?

More information will be made available closer to release of the ***le.

Is there going to be a salary cap in the franchise mode?

What commentators will feature in Rugby League 2?

Andrew Voss will be the only commentator featured in the game.

Will the commentary be the same as the first version of the game?

No, all commentary has been completely re-recorded from a new script. Some classic comments from the old game still appear, but there are plenty of new comments to hear as well as much more commentary overall.

If I create a player with a certain surname, will the commentator refer to that player by name?

Yes, the commentator will refer to that player by name if that specific surname has been recorded. There are around 900 recorded surnames in the commentary, so most popular names as well as a few more obscure names and past greats have been covered.

What camera angles will be available in Rugby League 2?

All the original cameras in Rugby League will once again be available in Rugby League 2. In addition to the original camera, there are new camera options including one that is much closer to the ingame action.

How do the passing controls work in Rugby League 2?

The gamer has the option of tapping the pass buttons to pass to the players to the right or left of the ball carrier. Optionally, the gamer can hold down a pass button which will bring up buttons icons over the heads of various players along the attacking line. Pressing the relevant button will pass to that specific player.

The gamer can also tap both pass buttons simultaneously to pass to the 'playmaker' player, allowing a kick to be made from space.

In this way, the passing control in Rugby League 2 allows for quick arcade play, as well as a more strategic approach for crucial moments during the attack.

How do the conversion/penalty kick controls work in Rugby League 2?

Conversion and penalty kicks in Rugby League 2 rely on the gamer achieving the right mix of power and accuracy via a moving onscreen meter. There is an interdependence on both power and accuracy, so the gamer may choose to strike the ball with less power in order to have more control over accuracy.

Can you elaborate on how you might be using the right analog stick on PS2?

Will the video ref appear in Rugby League 2?

Yes, the video ref will appear when the onfield referee is unsure of whether a try has been legitimately scored, usually as the result of a strong tackle during an attempted try.

Gamers will have the option of disabling the video ref.

Will the name of the gamer's currently selected player appear in Rugby League 2?

Yes, the name of the currently selected player will appear at the feet of that player.

Gamers will have the option of disabling the player name display.

How have cut scene graphics improved for Rugby League 2?

Cut scenes have been greatly improved with the addition of more interesting screen transitions, better camera framing, lifelike animation, player interaction, and facial animation.

Will there be headgear in Rugby League 2?

Yes.

Will there be left footed kickers in Rugby League 2?

This feature is not yet confirmed.

Can players jump in Rugby League 2?

Yes, they can jump to take a high ball.

Will The Footy Show or associated personalites appear in the game?

No, The Footy Show will not appear in the game in any form.[/b]

Originally posted by sanzar+Jun 17 2005, 02:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jun 17 2005, 02:48 PM)</div>
Originally posted by ak47@Jun 17 2005, 02:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar

its realistic in r2005

they could have had different levels of dirt..............it is still BETTER THAN NO DIRT!!!!!!!
I dunno aye... I don't see players get very muddied up in league anymore... not since they had cotton jersey's and couldn't properly drain feilds. I think it would be unrealistic as it doesn't happen all that much. A wet game in league just means the jersey's get... well WET! They rarely get muddied. [/b]
this country is in a record drought

just thought i'd let u know
<

wheres the mud?

gone

it will be back

and farmers cant wait

Originally posted by Los Lover@Jun 17 2005, 02:52 PM
However - on the other issues I feel I and anyone else after this info (who deosn't search the web like a bloodhound after scraps of info)
You make it sound so hard, when it so bloody easy! They (sidhe) have a website, on their website they have a forum where people ask questions and are answered directly... It's really not that complicated...

Originally posted by ak47+Jun 17 2005, 03:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jun 17 2005, 03:01 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Jun 17 2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by ak47@Jun 17 2005, 02:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar

its realistic in r2005

I dunno aye... I don't see players get very muddied up in league anymore... not since they had cotton jersey's and couldn't properly drain feilds. I think it would be unrealistic as it doesn't happen all that much. A wet game in league just means the jersey's get... well WET! They rarely get muddied.
this country is in a record drought

just thought i'd let u know
<

wheres the mud?

gone

it will be back

and farmers cant wait [/b]
It rains every other week in Melbourne and in NZ's home matches though...

Originally posted by sanzar@Jun 17 2005, 03:03 PM
and in AFL its very muddy

same with the rugby union in NZ, and warriors games

a better example then

Field Markings

if u aint seeing dirt anymore Sanzar, surely u have seen the abundance of field markings and sponsorships these days rubbing off on the players

the fact we have no progressive changes to jerseys is a let down for all

RL2 also has super league - which can get very muddy indeed

also the fact the sports are so professional nowadays they all get new jerseys at halt time nearly every game now - all codes, AFL, Union and NRL
this along with new draining methods my lead to ur placebo dirt doesnt exist anymore
<
j/k

but i want it in there - ps2, sequel, realism........all the pre-requisits are there for it to be included

Originally posted by ak47+Jun 17 2005, 03:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jun 17 2005, 03:10 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Jun 17 2005, 03:03 PM
and in AFL its very muddy

same with the rugby union in NZ, and warriors games

a better example then

Field Markings

if u aint seeing dirt anymore Sanzar, surely u have seen the abundance of field markings and sponsorships these days rubbing off on the players

the fact we have no progressive changes to jerseys is a let down for all

RL2 also has super league - which can get very muddy indeed

also the fact the sports are so professional nowadays they all get new jerseys at halt time nearly every game now - all codes, AFL, Union and NRL
this along with new draining methods my lead to ur placebo dirt doesnt exist anymore
<
j/k

but i want it in there - ps2, sequel, realism........all the pre-requisits are there for it to be included [/b]
Yeah, the pain rubs off and so does blood... but at the end of the day if the game is fantastic I don't think anyone will be to bothered about their not being any dirt...

Originally posted by sanzar+Jun 17 2005, 07:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jun 17 2005, 07:10 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-kinkon89
@Jun 17 2005, 07:04 PM
why do they spell stadiums as "stadia"?
Because thats the grammatically correct way to say it... [/b]
Or they couldn't remember how to spell 'Stadium'
<

Originally posted by sanzar+Jun 17 2005, 03:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jun 17 2005, 03:53 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Jun 17 2005, 02:52 PM

also mario or anyone - is franchise club AND country?
features_main.gif

near the middle [/b]
I look forward to playing you then Sanzar -

side view only though - and bear in mind how easily I can spot the play (hehe).

<

thanks for the info - I don't like going to commercial sites like sidhe's etc - woodward is in the country - that's as much spin as I need.

Latest posts