• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

First Rugby League 2 movie to hit the web

I'm liking the look of it so far. It does look a lot like the previous game. Even through the low quality, you could tell that the cutscene near the end looks great. Couldn't tell much of the kicking system, but it looks fairly decent with the camera zooming out like that. Can't wait.

[Edit] Just something else I noticed. Theres a handy white 'shadow' showing where the ball is in relation to the ground when you kick.

It looks like it has alot of potential. The guy standing up in the cutscence looks a bit out of proportion, other then that it looks good. What stadium was that meant to be though?

I like the way the camera followed the gameplay around the pitch, which is nice touch!!

yeah its abit early the graphics and animations look like they improved whole alot!!!

whats with tha scrum and the ball going back 5metres??..and the tackling looks the same
i was hoping they wud get rid of that wrestling tackle where they were hugging each other..and instead hav the ball carrier going forward while wrestling..also multiple people in back up tackles wre missing....i saw a dummy pass which a defender fell for...lol i think it was anasta who dummied that cowboy player....once again with that ploddy feel to the gameplay(you know the dodgy running and jerky movement) i hope this isnt the case tho!

it looks pretty good at this stage...but in saying that i am not expecting much change in gameplay feel from the last version

The crowd, although not exactly 3d or moving, didn't look too bad. I think thats because they were in neutral sort of colours. Greys, whites etc. Unlike WCR, and they didn't just seem like paper cutouts blowing in the wind ala Rugby 2005.

The crowd still didn't look great, but it looks better than the other rugby games.

I think the crowd in Rugby 2005 was better. When is this game set for release?

Meh, I dunno, the crowd in Rugby 2005 just made me feel sick. Not literally but it was damn annoying. Just waving back and forth non-stop.

Looks to have some promise..........initial impressions..........

The good

*New close camera angle seems good, and moves around nicely following the play (and if you don't like it the original camera angles are still available).
*Field markings, stadiums still look quality.
*Correct dummy half seems to get into position more often then not.
*Players off the ball appear to make better runs off the ball, rap arounds etc.
*Cut scenes look tidy (hopefully there is a good variety/number of them.
*Clearly seen ball marker for the bomb/field kicking makes life a little easier.
*Words appearing on screen in case of knock ons (and I presume things such as penalties etc) a helpful addition.

The bad

*Those one man, standing tackles still appearing far too regularly.
*Defensive computer players standing around during these tackles rather then joining in.
*Looks like some of those dodgy looking long passes are evident.
*Dodgy AI 1: Whats with the computer player sort of stopping on the touchline, running in a circle, before throwing a dodgy pass inside to a teammate??
*Dodgy AI 2: Right at the end of the vid is a player tackling fresh air for a period of time.
*Dodgy AI 3: The scrum has the ball pop out a long way backwards (hopefully this is just an infrequent oddity), and the forwards take an age to break from the scrum.
*That offload (after seemingly an age of wrestling with the tackler whilst standing up) intrigues me. Hopefully chance of offloading is dependant on whether the ref in the game calls tackle or not (and in this case he obviously hadn't). Fingers crossed on this one.
*Players seemingly moving through one another when getting into dummy half etc.

Mario, do you reckon this video is a good indication of how the end product will turn out?

Originally posted by locksley@Jun 7 2005, 09:28 PM
Here you go folks.

Not great quality, but you get some idea of how the game will pan out.

Rugby League 2 vid
Are you still helping out with the game mate? Will you be able to bring us information like you did with R2k5?

looks the same with add-ons

offloads dont look free flowing...neither does running,from that scrum it looks like i can score those long distance tries again...i was hoping that was two players coz it looks like the a.i is pretty crap

whats wit the kicking system hav they gotten rid of slowdown...it looks like it
also the kicking looks the same as last game...

mine wasnt in colour so to me it looked exaclty the same as rl1

the cut scene looked good tho

yeah that cool...so did the ones in rugby2005..but became quite repetitive..especially in two player

anywho..just make up i suppose

GAMEPLAY!GAMEPLAY!GAMEPLAY!

just reloaded and this time it was in colour

looks like rl1, but due to its ealry days it should be better than rl1 at release

I SAW THE VB FIELD MARKINGS - and have put $100 aside.......this is goig to be bought now!

what we need now muz - at half time u have the VB add on in the stadium, with the music "a hard earn thirst needs a..............and the best cold beer is............VIC............VICTORIA BITTER"

now that would add some class and touch!!!!!!!!

There seems to be a lot of clipping issues....But these would be ironed out by release surely.

Good summary NZL fan, I'm confident that this game will be the best Rugby game so far.

Although, that says nothing really.

I failed to see the difference from the first game apart from that cut scene, which i hope you can skip.

Well the graphics are obviously better, arn't they? I only played the 1st game a few times. The stadium looked great from what you could see of it. Is the multiple camera angle thing new? Remember that video was poor quality and it said it was still in production.

is this game being released in september???

ive thought i heard this somewhere

Latest posts