• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Flannery cited

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Feb 17 2010, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Feb 17 2010, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I gaurantee you if this were a Munster vs Leinster QF the only tune any of you Leinster fans would be singing is "He will be back just in time for the HC QF against Leinster, what a coincidence."[/b]
I'd still think that his suspension should have been longer but wouldn't think there was any coincidence that he was back for that game.[/b][/quote]

Like John Hayes ban for vicious stamping in an all-Irish provincial match expired just before an Ireland test match?

No co-incidence at all.

I particularly enjoyed this one:-

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/czKQVvisVA0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/czKQVvisVA0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Feb 17 2010, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/czKQVvisVA0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/czKQVvisVA0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/b]
Goes to show a leopard doesn't change his spots. f***ing thug.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Feb 17 2010, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Feb 17 2010, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Feb 17 2010, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I gaurantee you if this were a Munster vs Leinster QF the only tune any of you Leinster fans would be singing is "He will be back just in time for the HC QF against Leinster, what a coincidence."[/b]
I'd still think that his suspension should have been longer but wouldn't think there was any coincidence that he was back for that game.[/b][/quote]

Like John Hayes ban for vicious stamping in an all-Irish provincial match expired just before an Ireland test match?

No co-incidence at all.
[/b][/quote]
....like Johnny Sexton lashing out with the boot in a Munster v Leinster game putting him out of the following weeks Heineken Cup quarter final?

Oh wait, am I supposed to be selective in the examples I give? ;)

he got 6 weeks because he pleaded guilty and showed remorse however i still think it should have been longer.

he got lucky :unsure:

Lads will ye get over it <_<

He got 6weeks ..... it's not his fault he pleaded guilty and he'll do his time like so will ye just move on :wall:

Look even in Munster we agree what he did was wrong.

I didn't hear the Irish members being so forgiving when it was Dupey being the person atacking one of their own.

Funny what change of perspective can do...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Feb 17 2010, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I didn't hear the Irish members being so forgiving when it was Dupey being the person atacking one of their own.

Funny what change of perspective can do...[/b]
I never slated Dupuy over that and I didn't slate Jennings either.

I just saying his ban is handed and he'll do his time (which was decided by IRB) and that should be end of story.
Although if I am been honest the ban probably good from a Munster prospective as he will return and get 3/4 hard weeks training to get back to full fitness and then have tough game (vs Leinster) before the H'Cup QF which will be no easy ride either.

I've been quite silent on this one. Is the sentence fair? Possibly. Bear in mind he does miss the remainder of the 6 nations (basically the be all and end of of NH rugby) and that he pretty much cost Ireland any hope of competing with the French which will bring it's own personal kind of punishment.

However, I think the main issue here is, once again, a lack of consistancy in the disciplinary process. I would have gone for a 10 week ban myslef but it seems that the men in charge of citing have little or no idea what kind of punishment fits the crime. I can't remember such a blatant kick as Flan's so there is little to compare it to. However the kick was malicious and done with intent to cause harm. Certainly not in the same league of gouging by any means but would definetely merit a stronger sanction than what was handed out. An Irish conspiracy? I doubt it.

On a sidenote, if Flannery is to appeal an extra 2 weeks should be slapped on straight away. It would be basically going back on his previous claim of guilt, indicating he had lied to the citing commission to have his punishment shortened.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Feb 17 2010, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Feb 17 2010, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/czKQVvisVA0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/czKQVvisVA0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/b]
Goes to show a leopard doesn't change his spots. f***ing thug.
[/b][/quote]

did dylan hartley not get banned for gouging? in most peoples book a far more serious offence...

correct me if i am wrong though im not sure

He was indeed. Never for deliberately stamping on stomping head or trying to break their shins however.

Although Hartley has what to do with this apart from deflecting attention?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Feb 17 2010, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
He was indeed. Never for deliberately stamping on stomping head or trying to break their shins however.

Although Hartley has what to do with this apart from deflecting attention?[/b]

you are always talking up dylan hartley..yes he is excellent but he by your ruling he is a thug and will never change but you have never admitted this

whereas one that is not your own does something pretty shocking too you jump on the bandwagon and start pointing the finger calling him a mindless thug...yes it was terribly stupid and the stamp was disgusting but nonetheless he is still an excellent player

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Feb 17 2010, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

why are you English always trying to make an argument. no wander every other home nation hates the english.

Flannery did wrong and hes getting punished.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (coonor @ Feb 17 2010, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Feb 17 2010, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

why are you English always trying to make an argument. no wander every other home nation hates the english.

[/b][/quote]
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (coonor @ Feb 17 2010, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

[/b][/quote]

Taxi for Coonor!

It's just Mite being his biased little self.

In France, everybody is laughing about this decision, even more because flannery was in recidive and Attoub took a very long ban for a part because he was in recidive too. So you can guess that a lot of guys are "it prooves even more the unfair way british and irish are managing the discipline about Rugby union in Europe" complaint and drama style :p

I read that Dupuy will maybe have a shorter ban on the french ground. there is specific comission in France that has the right to go over decisions of the european discipline comission. and they could take the decision to autorize dupuy to play a bit before the end of his long ban.to be continued.

My point of view is that this kick was not really intentional, flannery wanted to kick the ball, he has been ultra slow and delayed but it is difficult to believe that it was with intention to harm Palisson. So whatever...But i understand the french POV on the story :D regarding some past decisions ...even if for me there was no intention to harm...

6 weeks? Bit harsh. Discrimination against travellers. If it were Dylan Hartley they woulda just given him a kiss on the cheek cause he's a New Zealander.

[/b][/quote]

Bless

He's lucky in the end, no red card during the game and a six weeks only ban although this is the second time he's banned. I don't believe in conspiracy theory here even though decisions can look like biased.

INJUSTICE!! :ranting: :%#%#: :%#%#:

Na I don't care. It won't change much in my life but I think his kick was intentional and he should have got 10 weeks.

Latest posts