• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Food!

So jealous. Can't find Tsukemen Ramen here in the UK. The one I had in London Ippudo was poor in comparison and it was only a summer special. Try Tsukiji market for good sushi, but to be fair you could go to most places to get it. One of the best was in a shopping mall in Shibuya, near where the statue of the dog is - Hachiko.
Headed to Shibuya tomorrow so will keep an eye out,
Fish market is closed because of coronavirus so unfortunately having to miss that (it was on my list before)

Headed to Shibuya tomorrow so will keep an eye out,
Fish market is closed because of coronavirus so unfortunately having to miss that (it was on my list before)

F13C1678-C72F-429F-BBD4-231DF1A15B45.jpeg

If you have access to 4G and google maps then just follow the directions on your phone. Snippet from google maps above in comparison to the statue. IIRC you go through the downstairs super market and this sushi place is right at the back.

Scroll to 26 secs of below vid of what it looks like. Of course you got to do the Shibuya crossing which is just nuts.

View attachment 8108

If you have access to 4G and google maps then just follow the directions on your phone. Snippet from google maps above in comparison to the statue. IIRC you go through the downstairs super market and this sushi place is right at the back.

Scroll to 26 secs of below vid of what it looks like. Of course you got to do the Shibuya crossing which is just nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiSu0iQTc-TXrDnyHjzDNfZ-qyTH7y1uD
Beauty, I've got a pocket WiFi so will definitely hit this up tomorrow

AA46A061-011B-4670-A7A5-59F413E8DDE2.jpeg

I love this ice cream lolly. The perfect blend of lolly and ice-cream. May Walls never discontinue it.

Shim Ramyun noodles. Only put in half the soup base, which was hot enough for me.

First McDonald's in 3 months. Quarter pounder with cheese meal. Fecking' upped their prices to £5.09.:mad:

Haddock in matzomeal, rather than batter and chips from my local fish and chip shop with a Vitus Weizenbock beer.

Also Tavuk Izgara - boneless chicken leg grilled over charcoal Served with flat bread and salad From my local Turkish takeaway.

both missed during lockdown and happily devoured since takeaways have reopened.

Last edited:
Never even heard of Sumac until the other day. Its a Turkish spice that is used for salads, onion salads mainly. Chopped some red onion up with some parsley, salt and the Sumac to go with some chicken wraps I was making. Fantastic. Could have eaten the onions on there own. Only place you can get it is sainsbury's currently but we'll worth picking up a jar

I love food from Southeast Asia, so much flavour and variety from the salty/sweet/spiciness of Thai food, sushi/ramen/tempura of Japan, Dumplings, noodles, rice, soups of China/HK/Taiwan to Curries of Malaysia, Indonesia.
I also love it, especially Chinese dumplings, tasted them first in HK, and now often eat here in Warsaw in Chinese restaurants. Also, Malaysian noodles are very tasty. Thai food..hmm.. depends on the restaurant/cook, the best Thai food I've ever eaten was in one restaurant in London :D here in Warsaw I didn't find a good Thai restaurant unfortunately

I also love it, especially Chinese dumplings, tasted them first in HK, and now often eat here in Warsaw in Chinese restaurants. Also, Malaysian noodles are very tasty. Thai food..hmm.. depends on the restaurant/cook, the best Thai food I've ever eaten was in one restaurant in London :D here in Warsaw I didn't find a good Thai restaurant unfortunately

If you like Chinese dumplings and
come back to London try:

It does these soup dumplings called Xiao Long Bao in Mandarin or Sui Long Bao in Cantonese or in English Little caged buns. My dad calls them Bruce Lee buns because he was called Lee Sui Long or Little Dragon.

You have to be careful when you eat them as they contain hot soup and pork. Take a small bite and pour the soup into your spoon and pour a little vinegar to flavour the soup and then drink it. Followed by devouring the dumpling. Well that's how eat them.

You can also watch them make them and take photos.

I also order a plate of rice and Beef noodles to go with it. But their star dish are their soup dumplings.

Although I am told that Din Tei Fung does not make the best Soup Dumplings in Taiwan, where the restaurant is originally from, and Taiwanese locals prefer to go to cheaper local establishments.

Good Thai food. Oh yeah love their different curries. I used to go to a stand in Holborn where they served delicious red chicken curry at the back of the restaurant. But sadly that has now shut down.

Last day for eat out to help out scheme. Went to Mcdonald's. Double sausage and egg Meal, Pancakes for under £3.50. Can't complain.

Favourite sub?

Favourite sub?
Italian BMT, spicy cheese, lettuce, tomato, jalepenos, southwest sauce.

Just don't have it after you've been drinking til 4am unless you want to take a 4 year break from subway.

Hearty Italian, the breaded chicken fillets (if they still do them? think they might have been time limited - regular chicken if not), toasted, lettuce, cucumber, red onion, plenty of southwest sauce

I do fancy a sub. Haven't had one in over a year. Think I will go for a footlong meatball marinara, cheese, melted on hearty Italian bread.

Latest posts