• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Food!

Ever tried Bovril?
Not for ages and I think when I had it it was in a drink.

we can get british marmite (re branded as "our mate"), NZ marmite and Vegemite in AUS, everyone has a fav (or you like none of them), mine is the british marmite, but i dont know too many people that like one but think the others are inedible. I equate them to berries, you might prefer strawberries....but often you'll also like raspberries and blueberries....just not as much
Ahhhh Mate. 😜 (very EJ). Marmite is also love it or hate it up here. i hated it when I was young but then my taste buds matured and then started enjoying it on toast after having a few bevies. Love the contrast in flavour compared to peanut butter or Nutella (yummm😋) honey, marmalade, strawberry jam.

Maybe because I was expecting Vegemite to taste similar to Marmite when I had it.

The only thing that I really liked when I was in Oz which I cannot get here ( or not willing to pay through the nose for) is Cottees Raspberry cordial.

Popeye's Louisiana chicken spicy burger. Very nice and Spicy pieces of chicken - nice and juicy with flaky coated batter.

I didn't realise there were Popeye's in the UK - always see Americans going on about how it's the best fried chicken fast food, always wanted to try it

I didn't realise there were Popeye's in the UK - always see Americans going on about how it's the best fried chicken fast food, always wanted to try it
The one I went to was the one in Westfield Shopping centre, Stratford in London. But they are opening ones up all around the country.

The chicken burger I had was much better than KFC or McDonald's. It's a thick spicy patty in a brioche bun. I thought it was worth it.

Here's my favorite cuisine. :p The spicier the better.

Excited Animation GIF by Luke Roberts

Last edited:
Tried a Chicken sandwich meal from Tim Hortons, which has opened near me. Very average and expensive. Rather have a Maccy D's. Popeye's best one at that price range I have tried.

I had breakfast there for the first time ever yesterday, coincidentally
Only a bacon sandwich but it was good for generic fast food chain
Yeh I heard that for the sausage and egg McMuffin you get an extra hash brown in there compared to McDonald's.

I mean this was size of the chicken patty in the burger. Not big. It came with lattice fries rather than normal ones. Pretty standard like McDonald's and KFC for a fast food chain.
I just thought it was very average and for £7.69 meal was expecting a lot more.
737674D4-A9F4-4109-A56A-D3A4CF4FCEDC.jpeg

They are more famous for their doughnuts which had one which was good. But to be honest rather have a crispy crème.

F532A928-561F-4136-A2CF-925B6F5BB505.jpeg
This one is the spicy chicken burger from Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen and the patty is much bigger, thicker and tastier. Both Tim Hortons and this came in a brioche bun.

Yeah I really wanna try Popeye's, I think they're opening one in Birmingham so will keep an eye out,
"Timbits" are the only thing I knew Tim Hortons for (thanks to American TV) - think they're just mini donuts (donut holes?)

Latest posts