• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Food!

My sister being a real foody managed to get 9/10. But yeh I guessed at least 3 of them correctly. No idea about the order to put the condiments on a Scone (didn't know it mattered) or the tart. Knew the curry origin and the fish pie from Poldark. Shows how much I know about British regional food. 🤣

Same. Got the Cornish scone one wrong
Stands to reason for a Rick Stein quiz, but being Cornish made this easier - I didn't exactly struggle with the scone question or Stargazy Pie. 8/10 for me, I knew Pan Haggerty was from the North East, but went the wrong way and I had no clue about Banoffee Pie, which until now I assumed to be American.

Last edited:

Jeez, guess who? That can only mean he's down at his local McDonalds. And denying his poor constituents a Happy meal and use of the Wi-Fi.

A] How much time is he spending in McDonalds to recognise them?
B] How much time is he spending at the food bank to recognise them?
C] Calories per £, McDonalds has got to be one of the cheapest ways of feeding a family of 4; especially for someone who may not have access to a healthy, functioning kitchen area.
D] Is it really compulsory for him to be such a **** about... everything?

Rockfish or Pacific perch coming to a chippy near you to help reduce prices. Still white fish.

I'm now trying to lose weight / generally eat more healthily so trying huel shakes and replaced my snacks with apples, lettuce, carrots, nuts and hummus. The hummus is what makes it bearable tbh. Hoping to lose about 6kg or so over the next 2 months.

so trying huel shakes
I've replaced my lunches with Huel Black since the start of the year
I thought I'd hate it but it doesn't taste bad (I mean I wouldn't pick it as something to sip on when watching TV in the evening but I thought it'd be a "hold your nose and get through it" experience) and it removing any sort of thought process out of my lunch has made life so much easier/healthier - no more meal deals/Greggs etc. on my lunch breaks
Works out cheaper (for me, at least, as I'd always buy something for lunch) - think it's about £2 per meal vs £3.40 for a meal deal

I've replaced my lunches with Huel Black since the start of the year
I thought I'd hate it but it doesn't taste bad (I mean I wouldn't pick it as something to sip on when watching TV in the evening but I thought it'd be a "hold your nose and get through it" experience) and it removing any sort of thought process out of my lunch has made life so much easier/healthier - no more meal deals/Greggs etc. on my lunch breaks
Works out cheaper (for me, at least, as I'd always buy something for lunch) - think it's about £2 per meal vs £3.40 for a meal deal
Yeah I thought it wasn't too bad, better than some flavoured protein powders I used to use. I've also gone for the black one in chocolate and in Cinnamon flavours. Only tried the chocolate so far. I'm debating whether I'll take it for lunch with me into the office or go with my rabbit food and hummus.

I've also gone for the black one in chocolate and in Cinnamon flavours.
I've had the Chocolate, Salted Caramel, Cinnamon and Strawberries and Cream ones so far,
Salted caramel definitely my favourite (had that in every order so far), Strawberries and Cream probably the worst but even then it's palatable - like you said, it's much better than a lot of protein powders, especially when you consider it's made with water

I've had the Chocolate, Salted Caramel, Cinnamon and Strawberries and Cream ones so far,
Salted caramel definitely my favourite (had that in every order so far), Strawberries and Cream probably the worst but even then it's palatable - like you said, it's much better than a lot of protein powders, especially when you consider it's made with water
Did you find that the standard 2 bag order would last a month?

Latest posts