• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Food!

Chicago breakfast:

dscn0192er7.jpg

dscn0184id8.jpg

Chicago dinner:

dscn0212ki0.jpg

dscn0208pr9.jpg

Lol, nice breakfast ;) Most of the time I try to prepare my own food, just incorporated this italian chicken into my diet, tastes great, lots of proteins, we well see how it goes.

Pork shoulder is one of the most underrated cuts of meat - I'm putting it out there.

Costs about £3 for a pretty sizeable chunk, spend a few mins trimming the skin and excess fat - bang it in the slow cooker and you're away.

I love food from Southeast Asia, so much flavour and variety from the salty/sweet/spiciness of Thai food, sushi/ramen/tempura of Japan, Dumplings, noodles, rice, soups of China/HK/Taiwan to Curries of Malaysia, Indonesia.

I've never really gotten on with Thai food - admittedly I've only tried a few dishes (the colour curries, really) but I'm not a fan of the perfumey flavour they have

I've never really gotten on with Thai food - admittedly I've only tried a few dishes (the colour curries, really) but I'm not a fan of the perfumey flavour they have

Interesting. In some ways I prefer thai curries to Indian curries. Red is my favourite. I wouldn't personally say they are perfumey to my palate. It's made with coconut milk, which you may not like compared to Indian curries.

I've still to go to Thailand, which is one on my bucket list.

I've been getting into Thai lately... a mate of mine came back from a business trip in Thailand and has been cooking things he tried over there since. On the whole, I love it... but I could do without the coconut (it's a sweet for me rather than savoury)... and f**k lemongrass! I keep thinking i have a nice bit of spring onion in my mouth (like every f***ing time) then chomp into it and it puts me off the whole meal.

If lemongrass is essential to a cuisine, which my friend insists it is... then just leave it whole in the pot while cooking and then pull the f***ing stuff out before serving. Rant over,

Interesting. In some ways I prefer thai curries to Indian curries. Red is my favourite. I wouldn't personally say they are perfumey to my palate. It's made with coconut milk, which you may not like compared to Indian curries.

I've still to go to Thailand, which is one on my bucket list.
I don't think it's the coconut milk as I use that when cooking curries myself,
Maybe lemongrass? I'm not sure, there's a flavour that I associate with Thai curries that I'm just really not into.

I don't think it's the coconut milk as I use that when cooking curries myself,
Maybe lemongrass? I'm not sure, there's a flavour that I associate with Thai curries that I'm just really not into.
Yeah lemongrass is a little 'perfume-y'... I actually don't mind the flavour it adds to the dish, it's just the absolute worst if you end up consuming it.

Coriander in Indian curries is soapy and perfumey to my palate. Gotten used to it as I've gotten older and it blends in well, especially the Bhuna I had on Thursday. My sister absolutely can't stand the herb and always asks for it to be removed from any dishes where coriander is used.

Coriander in Indian curries is soapy and perfumey to my palate. Gotten used to it as I've gotten older and it blends in well, especially the Bhuna I had on Thursday. My sister absolutely can't stand the herb and always asks for it to be removed from any dishes where coriander is used.

Aye - it's a genetic thing - some people have taste receptors that make it taste ******* rank - myself included. Like someone's poured shampoo on whatever you're eating.

Same with the missus... she reckons it tastes like washing up liquid, which is so weird as it doesn't taste anything like that to my palette.

It's horrible - not in a "I don't like that flavour" kind of way, but in a "my brain is telling me this thing isn't food" kind of way.
Funny enough... and none of my mates or family can understand this but that's what peanuts are like for me.

Bleach is how my sister says coriander tastes like for her. I can see where she is coming from, which explains the genetic link.

Latest posts