• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Food!

Bleach is how my sister says coriander tastes like for her. I can see where she is coming from, which explains the genetic link.
Just a curiosity thing but are you guys that struggle with coriander RH negative?

Just a curiosity thing but are you guys that struggle with coriander RH negative?

sorry couldn't tell you ie don't know what my blood type is. But due to have a blood test next month, so will be sure to ask.

Last edited:
I think it tastes like what you'd expect washing up liquid to taste like just less harsh, I still like it.

Although more in one of those Bundee Aki bowls rather than a hot meal.

Les Japonais sont connus dans le monde entier pour leur longévité. Cette santé provient des aliments frais tels que les fruits, les légumes, le riz, la viande et le poisson cru

C'est très vrai et la nourriture japonaise est l'un de mes favoris.

95F519E7-B8E3-4B9C-8179-590076498E4F.jpeg

the one thing I loved in Japan, which I cannot find in the UK. Tsukemen "dipping" Ramen. This one is one I had in Tokyo station Ramen Street. The noodles are thick cold Soba type noodles and the soup base is hot and thick and you dip the noodles in the broth and slurp away. Slurping is a must:). They also provide you with a bib so you don't splash the soup on your nice t-shirt. The server who served us called it an "Apron":D.

At the end of the meal you can ask for hot water to be added to the remnants of the soup to dilute it and finish it off.

Holy **** that looks good!

I've booked my flights for early March and the food is definitely what I'm most excited about

Holy **** that looks good!

I've booked my flights for early March and the food is definitely what I'm most excited about

Then you must go to Rokurinsha on Ramen Street, Tokyo Station that is where this was served. It's the one with the longest queue, so you can't miss it. Enjoy!!!

2055E33F-8469-4022-ACD2-1C3914CC721F.jpeg

Fluffy pancakes in Japan. Awesome!!

it's a shame they don't have Ichiran ramen chain here in the UK. Ippudo here in London is good but bloody expensive. Paid £14 for a bowl, plus extra noodles on top was £2 and them service charge on top came to £18. In Tokyo I got Michelin star ramen for £6. Extra noodles or Kaedama is less than £1. They can't say Tokyo isn't more expensive than London to do business - certainly not 3 times more. :mad:

Last edited:
Thursday is Thanksgiving here in America. And there's nothing quite like a big Thanksgiving day meal with all the trimmings. :)

thanksgiving-dinner-table.jpg

Last edited:
Thursday is Thanksgiving here in America. And there's nothing quite like a big Thanksgiving day meal with all the trimmings. :)

How the hell do you guys cope with thanksgiving and Christmas so close together? I'm a big eater but Jesus!

I assume you don't have turkey at Christmas?

I can't help noticing that there's no room for any humans at that table...

Oh, and:
23843538_550617178605005_2534253263603135315_n.jpg

(NB: As I've seen people take these things a little too personally - it's anti British, not anti-American, and even if it was, no-one under teh age of 400 should be taking it personally anyway)

Last edited:
How the hell do you guys cope with thanksgiving and Christmas so close together? I'm a big eater but Jesus!

I assume you don't have turkey at Christmas?

They're four weeks apart which gives the digestive tract plenty of time to do it's thing. Many people do have turkey at Christmas, but the meal is not as "plentiful" as a traditional Thanksgiving feast. Christmas is usually a lighter meal with less trimmings and desserts.

Last edited:
They're four weeks apart which gives the digestive tract plenty of time to do it's thing. Many people do have turkey at Christmas, but the meal is not as "plentiful" as a traditional Thanksgiving feast. Christmas is usually a lighter meal with less trimmings and desserts.

...and for that reason I'm out.

Seems like as good a time as any to discuss our suffering Christmas meals across various countries. I imagine they're all pretty similar across the UK and commonwealth countries given our shared culture? Is turkey standard with most people?

My wife's family actually don't do turkey, they aren't super traditional in that regard (never do Sunday roasts either). I think it's a three bird that this year if I remember, last time was duck a l'orange. My family are traditional all the way, turkey, pigs in blankets, stuffing, potatoes, various veg, 3 different puddings.

As an aside it's a totally unique Christmas for me this year, because we're having our first kid in the next 3 weeks...so yeah that's going to be pretty surreal.

Tried Turtle Bay for the first time tonight, loved it... spicy fish frittas and Goat Curry. Never tried Caribbean cuisine before but I'll definitely be going back to try some of the other dishes.

...and for that reason I'm out.

Seems like as good a time as any to discuss our suffering Christmas meals across various countries. I imagine they're all pretty similar across the UK and commonwealth countries given our shared culture? Is turkey standard with most people?

My wife's family actually don't do turkey, they aren't super traditional in that regard (never do Sunday roasts either). I think it's a three bird that this year if I remember, last time was duck a l'orange. My family are traditional all the way, turkey, pigs in blankets, stuffing, potatoes, various veg, 3 different puddings.

As an aside it's a totally unique Christmas for me this year, because we're having our first kid in the next 3 weeks...so yeah that's going to be pretty surreal.
Never traditional, this year had lamb amd few years ago we went to the indian for Christmas dinner then again had a massive dinner on boxing day soo you know.

View attachment 7880

the one thing I loved in Japan, which I cannot find in the UK. Tsukemen "dipping" Ramen. This one is one I had in Tokyo station Ramen Street. The noodles are thick cold Soba type noodles and the soup base is hot and thick and you dip the noodles in the broth and slurp away. Slurping is a must:). They also provide you with a bib so you don't splash the soup on your nice t-shirt. The server who served us called it an "Apron":D.

At the end of the meal you can ask for hot water to be added to the remnants of the soup to dilute it and finish it off.
Just had this in Shinjuku and it was as good as I imagined

Having haddock in Matzomeal and chips and a Franzikaner weissbier whilst watching the game.

Just had this in Shinjuku and it was as good as I imagined

So jealous. Can't find Tsukemen Ramen here in the UK. The one I had in London Ippudo was poor in comparison and it was only a summer special. Try Tsukiji market for good sushi, but to be fair you could go to most places to get it. One of the best was in a shopping mall in Shibuya, near where the statue of the dog is - Hachiko.

Latest posts