• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football Manager 2007

R

Ripper

I know a couple of you (Lora and St Helens) are big fans of this long running series, but what about others?

Anyone else got their hands on the new version? Personally I thought that they were just slowing things down and that there wasn't really much they could do, which is slightly true for this, but it is the little things which make this the most kickarse game yet. Things like raping your feeder club of the next big thing for a dirt cheap price, that and FINALLY they implemented a decent scouting system. And this looks like the first year of me playing this game that I won't have to insatll a 3rd party skin - it's just beautiful too look at, it even matches by beloved Turnstyle skin I got off sortitoutsi for previous games.

And did anybody elses version come with free 180 day trials for Out of the Park Baseball and That Ice Hockey game?

I am doing things differently this year - I am taking little Pisa to the Champions League or bust!

The match engine can be a pain in the ass at times, but on the whole its great game.

brilliant game, the editor is rubbish compared to the old one though.
only let down is that playing with Newcastle is possibly the hardest thing ever, i mean what sort of premiership team has a 16,000 ish transfer budget?

Yeah, its a far cry from those glory days on FM 2005.

Although at least its been challenging to use Newcastle in 06-07, in FM 05 You had a Top 5 team and a 26 million Transfer Budget, I used to just buy Tevez and a couple of defenders and I would always win the league in the first year.

Right now i'm just messing around in the MLS and all it's quirky things like the Draft.

my tactic is just amazing, its owning everything.

hmm yup its defo the best game i loves the board take overs, good feature.

Yeah, its a far cry from those glory days on FM 2005.

Although at least its been challenging to use Newcastle in 06-07, in FM 05 You had a Top 5 team and a 26 million Transfer Budget, I used to just buy Tevez and a couple of defenders and I would always win the league in the first year.

Right now i'm just messing around in the MLS and all it's quirky things like the Draft.
[/b]

my Newcastle 06 team Owned, won everything in the first two seasons, got sacked after finishing third in my third season :p good times!
working on some new tactics for the useless bunch in the 07 team though presently going quite well

I just picked this up but haven't had a chance to play it yet. The FM series is great but it certainly kills a lot of time.

I am a big fan of FM05 and am going to find it hard to just dump - I am managing Man City and have managed to get them promoted to the Premiership and they are doing good so far (in the top 6 in Jan) but they have a crap squad and are about 80M in debt.

It will be tough to just start a whole new campaign again.

I am a big fan of FM05 and am going to find it hard to just dump - I am managing Man City and have managed to get them promoted to the Premiership
[/b]

Why were they not in the Premiership? :huh:

Opps forgot about this thread - I had been managing Liverpool for a number of seasons and I guess that Man City just did their usual yoyo impression of going up and down.

It is normally a good challenge to manage a team who has just gotten relegated because they normally have crap players and huge debt.

im doing awesome, but im gunna strt a new game, im thinking of a mid table side like maybe villa!

This game is so addictive, I am my faithful stockport county.

First season I came 11th, which is 11 better than the season before.

Now after 10 games I am top, I signed some brilliant players on a free such as bridge wilkinson (oh, you might not know who he is) anyway he is worth 130,000 when most in squad are 10-40k.

I can't believe how watching the little screen for games is so realistic, better than it would be in 3D.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but how is everyone doing, still playing etc etc.

BM

yh you've got to love the new football manager... i got a copy for christmas from my sister and have so far really enjoyed it...

my top tip is to sign alou cisse for free as soon as the game starts - if you are playing in a low league it is worth keeping a eye on the unattached players as you can often pick up ageing players who have previously played international football and are useful as either coaches or as veteran players who can advise younger members of the squad...

also does anyone know how the teamtalks work- i tried a few different combinations and read the plaers reactions... it seemed to me slightly random, as did the manager interaction - i have conbcluded that it is better not to comment at every opportunity because whatever you say you are going to have an adverse effect on at least one of your players which could lead to a drastically reduced performance...

I am known for taking in the last two versions for taking a League of Wales side and winning the UEFA and Champions League with them.

FM 05 - It was Aberystwyth Town
FM 06 - It was TNS
FM 07 - It is ..... Aberystwyth - In progress

I am known for taking in the last two versions for taking a League of Wales side and winning the UEFA and Champions League with them.

FM 05 - It was Aberystwyth Town
FM 06 - It was TNS
FM 07 - It is ..... Aberystwyth - In progress
[/b]

How many years did it take you to achieve that?

Well, I got promotion to the mighty levels of league one, after scraping into the playoffs after a horrible run. I did end up fourth, but it felt like a scrape. The playoff final was so tense, I was 2-1 down with five minutes to go, I chucked big wilby (Aaron Wilbraham) up front and on 88 he nodded on for Adam Proudlock to score, then he finished the game on 90! YAY!

I then got offered the England job as McClaren was sacked! But declined....

I have had a patchy performance so far at about 14th in the league, wasn't as good at signing the free agents this season, part from Matt Jansen.

BM

Started a New Game, after making the Soccer World nothing more than Sc***horpe United's little play thing in 13 Glorious Seasons... decided to start unemployed and sim the first season and take over one of the relegated teams... the mighty Newcastle, knowing that my managerial talents were available, stragetically took a dive to the Coca Cola Championship and I promptly accepted (by crowning myself manager).

Sadly, they had a firesale during the mid season transfer window, but at least I have a decent budget for my level... even if we can't afford to pay the powerbills with the pitiful state of the finances. Seems ripe for a upper level coup me thinks, and I for one will welcome my new masters with open arms.

I got bored with my Liverpool game and have now switched to Valencia.

Im midway through my first season and currently sitting 5 points clear in top spot (although i'm expecting to get overtaken by Barca once my stock standard injury run starts). I've spent my whole transfer budget on youth players and future superstars like Marcelo,Garcia,Okako,Cardenas,Millan,VDB....and a few more who's names escape me.

Anyone else manage to set up feeder clubs in the US,China and/or Japan?... Aparently they're worth millions per month in merchandising alone and within a few years you'll have a transfer budget that Chelsea could only dream of. ATM the only feeders my board are suggesting are the usual Scottish,Dutch and Belgium clubs who (the latter 2) are handy for babysitting any youngsters with work permit problems.

Also, anyone found any new wonderkids that are worth buying?

Latest posts