• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football Thread

I'll dip in and out of the Wales v ROI game tonight. Will be a damn sight more interesting and entertaining than watching England play Wendyball.

Must admit I've no confidence in Ireland tonight. Will watch it but struggle to watch soccer

Arg will implode if we don't qualify, thou long term it'd be better if we don't.

Arg will implode if we don't qualify, thou long term it'd be better if we don't.

It would be a massive shame for Messi to miss it. But Argentina too reliant on the little man.

ROI 1 nil up. Squeaky bum time for Welsh and Irish peeps.

No World Cup for you Boyos. If any consolation England will probably be out after the Group stages, which no doubt will cheer up all the other home nations who don't make it. I think Russia WC is going to the worst WC yet.

Eat Cack Robbie Savage. Every football hipster's favorite team is gone and in their place stands 90 minutes of slide tackling and opportunism. Chuffed

Quite difficult. 94 and 2002 were egregious.

That's because Brazil won both and Argentina crashed out early in both;)

I personally liked 2002 (was in Australia at the time, so time of games was good for me), but not 1994. All I can remember of 1994 was the games were on at bad times for the UK and England did not qualify for that tournament. Also Diana Ross should never ever take a penalty ever again.

That's because Brazil won both and Argentina crashed out early in both;)
I understand your point, but if it were due to sour grapes 1990 would come first (lost the final to an non existent penalty), yet i consider it a fantastic world cup.

I understand your point, but if it were due to sour grapes 1990 would come first (lost the final to an non existent penalty), yet i consider it a fantastic world cup.

Yes great World Cup, but the worst final in living memory. To be fair Argentina had no interest playing football in that final and got what they deserved. Still a bad ending to a fantastic tournament.

For those too young to remember it will always be remembered for popularising Nessun Dorma, sung by the immortal Pavarotti.

I can't judge finals in which Argentina played, i'd be biased. Granted tho, 1990 was far from an entertaining game. If i recall correctly we shot to goal once and it was a 30 something meter shot that went out wide. We had quite a few players yellow carded before the final, Maradona injured and we got two red cards in the final. We did what we could i suppose.
Of the ones in which we did not play, 2002 and 1994 were, by quite some distance, the worst.

Regaring 1994, In Arg very few would associate ND to 1994's wc.
This song however, will be recognized instantly by anyone over the age of 4 in 1990 (in Arg).

I am not ashamed to admit that's the only song that gets me goose bumps. Well, maybe a bit.
One of the best world cup commercials we've produced is based on it.

2006 is probably my favorite World Cup of my lifetime.

Time zones meant i could watch all the games and stay inside with the AC instead of spending my summer vacation in 95° heat.
Final was also something else.

It's creepy how much the commercials with each World Cup stick with me. 2006 had eanie meanie and 2002 was Nike on a boat.

Oh CONCACAF

the crowd is as impressive as a Kings game

I can hear a generator in the background

Go down 1-0 on an own goal and then luckily avoid a PK three minutes later

Don't even care that panamas first goal didn't enter the net... we didn't deserve to qualify anyway.

Last edited:
Oh CONCACAF

the crowd is as impressive as a Kings game

I can hear a generator in the background

Go down 1-0 on an own goal and then luckily avoid a PK three minutes later

Don't even care that panamas first goal didn't enter the net... we didn't deserve to qualify anyway.

Why did you ever fire Klinsmann IMO.

The guy knew what was the problem with "soccer" in US and that was the college soccer route doesn't work like it does Basketball etc college don't care about Soccer and in elsewhere most players are pro footballers by the time they are 18 if they are good.

How some US supporters thought they would be better off without JK i will never know.

Latest posts