• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football Thread

Why did you ever fire Klinsmann IMO.

The guy knew what was the problem with "soccer" in US and that was the college soccer route doesn't work like it does Basketball etc college don't care about Soccer and in elsewhere most players are pro footballers by the time they are 18 if they are good.

How some US supporters thought they would be better off without JK i will never know.
]
Because we want to pretend there is nothing wrong with American soccer.

I was hoping that we'd qualify so we would keep using our inferior model and rugby could swoop in and start grabbing population centers that soccer ignores. Arenas has said that nothing needs to change structurally even after losing to T&T.

College route doesn't work in any sport, the NFL doesn't get players that are prepared and the quality would be better if teams were in charge of player development all the way down to youth.

All our sports want drafts and salary caps, while they help owners pocket money they make the product inferior. Unfortunately soccer wants to copy their system. As long as we have drafts clubs won't have a reason to invest in player development and our product will continue to be crap.

]
Because we want to pretend there is nothing wrong with American soccer.

I was hoping that we'd qualify so we would keep using our inferior model and rugby could swoop in and start grabbing population centers that soccer ignores. Arenas has said that nothing needs to change structurally even after losing to T&T.
College route doesn't work in any sport, the NFL doesn't get players that are prepared and the quality would be better if teams were in charge of player development all the way down to youth.
All our sports want drafts and salary caps, while they help owners pocket money they make the product inferior. Unfortunately soccer wants to copy their system. As long as we have drafts clubs won't have a reason to invest in player development and our product will continue to be crap.

I'm not even sure how the NCAA is still allowed. (Well i am it makes money) but the athletes get ******. Some will say oh they get a full scholarship but a scholarship on what? African studies? I remember listening to Arian Foster on Joe Rogen and he was saying they had to put sports ahead of education anyway.

I love the college sports atmosphere UK uni sports are nothing but the whole sporting system is backwards as **** with no professional development pathway Athletics and swimming etc work with the college system though IMO.

Who here plays FPL? Don't think we have a league going when we really should...!

We draw Denmark in the World Cup playoffs which I think was the only possible winnable tie for us, happy days.

Nordies drew the Swiss and shouldn't really bother showing up, if I was asked who I want to win this one I'd say I'm very neutral!

We draw Denmark in the World Cup playoffs which I think was the only possible winnable tie for us, happy days.

Nordies drew the Swiss and shouldn't really bother showing up, if I was asked who I want to win this one I'd say I'm very neutral!
Oh?

Denmark is the ideal draw, but they still have a higher caliber of player(s?) than us with Eriksen. Still I'm led to believe by people who actually have a clue our style of play could be pretty effective against them. I'd love to see us reach the World Cup, the country was a happy place during the Euros, really lifted things and you see videos of Ireland in the past during Italia 90 etc. I was only 6 in 2002, but the excitement was still huge for us.

Oh god Ireland in the WC would be unbearable the love in Ireland and it's fans got during the Euros was bad enough.

Although i guess the USA fans would have someone to cheer.

Oh god Ireland in the WC would be unbearable the love in Ireland and it's fans got during the Euros was bad enough.

Although i guess the USA fans would have someone to cheer.
If you want to be liked you should stop getting punched by Russians so much shouldn't you Tigs for goodness sake?

And out go Italy. At least they can keep Holland, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland company.

So ROI V Denmark tonight.

Latest posts