• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football Thread

Like the Murphy's you're not bitter right? ;).
I have no dog in the fight, imagine how frustrating it would be to have a national team that is utter dog **** and to have a +.5 billion euro industry in the country travelling to England for matches, Liverpool being the primary destination. Figure doesn't even take into account all the Liverpool gear that was on show last night.

Edit: Congratulations btw, as someone from the country enjoy your win as much as possible, I do when Ster or an Irish golfer win big and it's brilliant. If you meet any Irish over there claiming how great it is to them and how connected they feel to the club you can let them know I think they're retarded.

Pretty disgraceful and pathetic scenes from Cameroon right now. This level of complaining to the ref isn't on.
Not to sound like a dick (Which I will be) but the standard of the womens football world cup is pretty dire.
I don't necessarily agree with this, it hasn't been amazing but I can't honestly say that the men's equivalent last year was particularly great either.

I hope Cameroon face pretty strict penalties for their attitude. Utterly disgraceful and I thought generally the women were better behaved than the men. Were they acting like this prior to the game against England? It seems more than a few teams have got it into their head that foul play is fine when they face England.

kinda wish they would use VAR to hand out cards for diving... we are the ones doing it and damn it's disgraceful

What a chance missed to force extra time. Another heroic failure at the semi final of a major football tournament.

Whoever claimed there's no diving in Women's football has obviously never watched that USA team.

What's the difference between the England Men's team and England Women's team?
The Women's team don't make you sit through extra time before they **** up on penalties.

Liverpool are going to walk the PL ***le this time. They should and deserved to win it last season. I hope the EFL allow Bury FC back in. That is what is annoying me re the round ball game.

Walk the ***le? Well, I think it'll be another close one. Hopefully, this time round. It'll be 30 years since their last ***le, so certainly due one. But got to earn it. Man City aren't going to give up their ***le without a fight.

I am convinced even more that Liverpool will win the PL. They got lucky with that winner today. The Champions always seem to have things like that happen.

Man City slipping up today away to Wolves, which is never an easy game. Liverpool grabbing a winner in injury time yesterday was very timely turning a 6 point lead to 8 points. Away to Man U next away next Sunday, which is a good time to play them, considering Man U's start to the season. Still, a long way to go until May.

Football is brilliant. Apart from there being too much money at the top end. When i see what has happened at Bury though it makes me think, Why do i bother ?.

It's great to see, but no doubt there'll be uproar if an official dares to enforce the law vs someone like Uefalona and VAR will get involved, measuring which is the actual closest point at the exact time of the board going up, and the law will be changed.
Also, the bald Geordie will find some way to blame Michael Owen.

So, there is a correlation between playing football and neurological disease.

While correlation does not necessarily mean causation, if there is a link between heading a football and longer term degenerative brain injuries...

Just where will professional rugby players from the last 20 years be in the next 20?

Worrying stuff.

So, there is a correlation between playing football and neurological disease.

While correlation does not necessarily mean causation, if there is a link between heading a football and longer term degenerative brain injuries...

Just where will professional rugby players from the last 20 years be in the next 20?

Worrying stuff.

Those footballs that they used to head 40 years ago were so heavy and also even worse when wet, which is why are seeing the correlation now, as players like Astle's brains are examined. Sure it can't be good for any footballer now to constantly head the ball and more research needs to be done on the modern ball and effects on the brain.

Latest posts