smartcooky

Referee Coach and Advisor
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Tasman
Has anyone else noticed this?

The forum appears to be very slow to load pages; sometimes up to a couple of minutes to load a thread, show a preview or return to a thread after posting. I have noticed this both at home and at work (different computers and differennt ISPs) and it doesn;t happen on other websites and forums.

Yeah, it's just traffic. I don't have access to the stats, but just looking at the huge number of new members you can imagine the increase in usage around RWC games.

Aye, it's happening to me as well.

Like Tigs Man, I think it has something to do with mass increased traffic as it seems to happen after all of the "big" games of the weekend. Not sure whether it's because of genuinely interested rugby fans, or mass amounts of bots, though.

@TRF_Josh and @TRF_Admin may have an insight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, you're right in terms of unprecedented traffic - we will look to contact our hosting company to increase the forum's capacity temporarily while the World Cup takes place.

Cheers!

It has taken since the start of half time,.....now 43 minutes on the clock....to post this as could not get onto this site wheras all other sites available so not my computer?

Horribly slow for me, I've lost about three posts from it.

I think it'd be quicker for me to send carrier pigeons to every other member on here than actually get on here and post.

Think they have gone to bed and this proves this forum is solely for the benefit of the NZ/Aussies!!!

PS that is one of my jokey posts before umbrage is taken again!

Any developments on the increased capacity @TRF_Josh ?
Forum has been, for all intents and purposes, down all afternoon - not great during the knockouts of the RWC!

Last edited:
I've all but given up trying to post here how. I've had to adjust a setting in Firefox's about:config (set "network.proxy.failover_timeout" to 3600) to make it wait an hour before timing out.

It took 46 minutes to get the forum to load, 25 minutes to get this thread to load, and about 15 minutes to get the reply box to open. That is nearly 1½ hours to start typing ONE post.

God only knows how long it will take for this to post once I click Submit Reply

With semi-finals and the final coming up, something needs to be done, and soon!

I blame the anti swear filters.:rolleyes: As well as the ridiculous number of moderators.... Planet rugby does not have these issues.

Hi guys, we ordered a capacity upgrade last week and we're chasing the hosting company to get it online.

I blame the anti swear filters.:rolleyes: As well as the ridiculous number of moderators.... Planet rugby does not have these issues.

What would the number of moderators have to do with the forum loading times? That's clearly a server issue as has already been stated.

Latest posts