• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France - Argentina

THEY`VE DONE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to the Argies, 17-12 win. Fernandez-Lobbe my pick for man of the match, quite superb. And Pichot once again in sublime form, especially making a nuisance of himself on defense.

Great game of rugby- tough, uncompromising, hard as nails from both sides. This is what test rugby`s all about, no inch asked or given, every single metre worked for. Disappointed in France`s 50-50 passes, and the Argies kicked a bit too much, but that`s being picky. Both teams showed a helluva lot on defense, and certainly pt down a marker for Ireland in this group.

Great win by the argies!!
Mr Hydes reared his ugly face again with the french.

I just hope the standard of refereeing improves throughout the tourney......its was dreadful.

What a game! I was on the edge of my seat!

Now i would consider myslef a fan of Chabal! But did you see the dump tackle one of the argentinians put on him! I was like :eek: ! If they can do that to Chabal then they must Win!!

Really good game to kick the World Cup off!

Can't wait until tomorrow!

Wow what a result, and in my opinion a good one for rugby.

Not a very good match lots of mistakes and the ref was poor. The French have to blame themselves they played right into the Argies hands. The French had no clue in the backs, the forwards looked pretty good when they got the maul going but other than that it was poor especially at the brakedown. Full credit to the Pumas now they just have to beat Ireland and they are through.

RESPECT to the pumas :):):) it was there in your face defence that won them the game

What a start to the opening match...

Very much deserved for teh argies.
They relaxed and enjoyed, france felt tense and uncomfortable.
Stunning game as france played like amateurs.

Incredible victory by the Pumas!! I don´t know if Argentina played a perfect second half, but the tackling of this team is incredible.
And Corleto is so dangerous, he will score a lot in this RWC.

I´m so happy.

I feel sick. What a terrible pill to swallow. That ruck in front of the try line is what killed us.

I just hope we can win the rest of the games and Ireland can beat Argentina by more than 7 points.

Terrible.

Brilliant game.

I thought France should have made some changes in the interval, and looking at the french kicking they really should of changed things alot sooner than they did.

Good Job Pumas!

Garry Owen is the winner and the no French play the losers. Congratulations to Pumas.

Great start to the world cup. Good for the neutral.

French were terrible. Most kicking was terrible.

What a drive from the French pack though, the team will still go a fair way.

What a drive from the French pack though, the team will still go a fair way.
[/b]

Sadly for them, a fair way is just short of the try line, and thats what matters.

Amazing game by the Pumas!! Thats amazing, I got up for the 2nd half and it was worth it. Good to see the Pumas off to a flyer.

There defense was awesome.

Argentina were coolness personified tonight, the French were playing like rabbits on speed.

Extremely impressive from Argentina in the first half and excellent defensively in the second.

One thing is for sure though, we'll be going home on September 30.

Argentina were coolness personified tonight, the French were playing like rabbits on speed.

Extremely impressive from Argentina in the first half and excellent defensively in the second.

One thing is for sure though, we'll be going home on September 30.
[/b]

Hey I've nailed it, +5 :bana: Now is 5 victories out of 6 matches :cheers:

Argentina's greatest win.

But what a pile of crap to start off the RWC. One limited team playing to potential, the other searching for the ball up their own arses.

The last time I saw the garryowen as the main tactic in a game was Connemara All Blacks v Corinthians in a thunderstorm at Glenamaddy fifteen years ago.

France, you are muppets.

Bring on Saturday and a bit of quality!