• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France v Italy

It's no wonder we're shaky at the set-piece, there was again 3 or 4 new caps in the pack. Considering that, I think our backline showed a lot of realism and efficiency. David , Floch and Malzieu look very promising. :bravo:

This team has a lot of potential, and it will be very dangerous when it becomes dominant at the set piece (as France use to do). 2009 6N is ours !! :bleh!:

Italy played well again for 55-60 minutes, but our inability to score tries through the backs simply means we will never compete for the 6N until this happens At least we do try to play a bit of rugby now, but its as if our players get scared to score a try. Canale dropped the ball again while next to the line and this cant be forgiven. Well it has to be because he is needed in this team, but he is an idiot for doing this twice against Wales and France now in important stages of the match.

Our forwards were brutal again, very good performance from all, but Zanni dropped the ball too many times. We miss Mauro. Picone was average, Travagli was better when he entered. Masi played better today, but its so clear we lack a kicker. Marcato is good, but when we are under pressure he or Masi or Galon rarely come up with a good clearance kick. Too many kicks didnt find touch in these stages or if they did it was not far. Marcato was good in general again though. I really dont like Robertson. He is quite poor really. He also had a good chance for the try and he tried to chip it over the French played from lie 10 yards away, what a stupid decision.

Parisse was once again our best player.

If Masi plays at 10 v Scotland I will tear my hair out.

Looks to be almost in the bag for Wales now. If France can't beat Italy at home by 20 points...

:cryy: < sweat not tears!

Well except Wales nobody has beaten Italy by a large score this year. And France has done way better than England and Ireland...

Versus Wales the score was close before that intercepted pass by Shanklin, then they fell in pieces ... and I still ask myself how we could have lost against England. If only we had played more clervely like today, and even with our evident weakness I think this was within our gasp.

There could have been a great drama like last year in the last three games. But anyway, the winning team at the Millenium will be 'mentaly' the winner... how could you celebrate the tournament win with a loss on the final game, in front of your crowd ? The main question is about France's motivation for this final game... the squad announced by Lievremont on monday will be a clue.

But anyway, the winning team at the Millenium will be 'mentaly' the winner... how could you celebrate the tournament win with a loss on the final game, in front of your crowd?[/b]

A bit like asking 'how can you celebrate winning a match after we scored the last try'? We will still have won. I could ask how you'll be able to celebrate the tournament win after losing to England at home, who we beat away?

If France don't beat us by 20 points we'll have won the tournament, 'mentaly' and in the 'name scribbled on the trophy' sense. Of course we're hoping for a Grand Slam but the championship was much more than anyone was expecting before the tournament began and we should be grateful for it if it comes.

Another missed opportunity. We could win this one. France played better then us and deserve the victory.

Italy always pays the lack of killer instinct but we are almost happy of our game.
We played well all game long, trying to keep France close in the scoreboard.
We improved but not enought for winning against a great France even if they are an inexperienced side.

Our front row as always is massive !

We need to improve our defense, we are too poor in the center.
Another missed try by Canale, i really hope he will score against Scotland.
I'm pretty sure we'll avoid wooden spoon beating Scotland.

Wish good luck to the french for their match in Cardiff, it will be hard scoring 3 converted tries or 20 points more than Wales for winning the 6N.

What a good 6N finale, Wales v France championship decider (maybe GS for welsh) and Italy v Scotland (St. Etienne revenge).

May the best one win !

Another missed opportunity. We could win this one.
[/b]
I don't think so - your missed opportunity was England in Rome.
I'm pretty sure we'll avoid wooden spoon beating Scotland.
[/b]
I'd give Italy the edge, because they've shown good movement out the backs at last. But the forward crunch will be very tough.

I only saw the final 30 minutes of this game, I thought Italy were looking set for the upset following the mauling try they scored. Then France scored again despite the awesome defence of a Bergamasco. And then at the kick-off France did what they tried to do against England, ran the length of the pitch with the ball at which point the match was over whether France scored again or not because sadly Italy can't move forward with any great pace.

Guys if u want me to make a list of ITALRUGBY missed opportunities it will be a very long list...

Do u remember some matchs like v Scotland, England, Wales (this one was a match drawn) and Ireland in 2006 ???
Also Ireland and England this season....and many mores...

But an inexperienced french side like is this one we will never face again in the future....

We are confident for next seasons, as we proved, we'll be able to stay in the match untill the final whistle.
So maybe we'll be lucky and win some matchs like these we lost.

Do u agree or do u prefer when the championship was an affair betwen the five nations ???

Not too bothered about the competition?

I find it hard to comprehend that any professional player/coach representing their country could ever poo-poo any game...let alone a 6N tournament.

[/b]

I understand your view but Lièvremont was quite clear about his strategy for this season. His first priotity is to test and find the players who will be the core group for the next seasons up to RWC2011. Second priority is to win. If the team he's coaching ends second of this Turnament he will be happy.

Latest posts