• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France v Scotland

If we keep on defending like that we'll get trashed bu Wales and possibly even England

sweet pass from Godman, good line from Evans and they're well back in this game but can they be that clinical again?

Garbage, what a surprise that twat Wayne Barnes missing a forward pass. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In general a poor performance, wouldnt have taken that great a performance to have won.

Absolutely no lesson learnt from last week.
To top it all is capping Malzieu for one minute !

Lest's play like this in 2 weeks and we'll take 20 from walles...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Feb 14 2009, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Garbage, what a surprise that twat Wayne Barnes missing a forward pass. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In general a poor performance, wouldnt have taken that great a performance to have won.[/b]

they've put the line across the pass on RTÉ proving the pass was flat but they still maintain obstruction on the tackle being made which I think is nonsense.

Good game, Scotland utterly frustrating at times but you have to feel that before Gregor Townsend came along they had no clue about playing quick ball, offloading in the tackle and playing a relatively open and wide game. To be fair Hadden didn't really help the team by taking a risk on the pack but sometimes if the player knocks on its the player whose done that, not the coach...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Feb 14 2009, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Absolutely no lesson learnt from last week.
To top it all is capping Malzieu for one minute !

Lest's play like this in 2 weeks and we'll take 20 from walles...[/b]

if Wales get the possession that Scotland did they'll run riot cause they're just so clinical.

I'm still very angry from this game....

First of all, our own inability to keep hold of the ball. It was stupid the amount of times we dropped it.

2. Penalties. Granted we weren't helped by that disgusting inept refereeing display from that Sassenach, but we gave away far too many penalties.
3. Attacking the ball. We were too flat and slow going onto the ball. When we bothered to run with pace we played well, created holes and showed what we can do...
4. The Referee. What a total useless ****. How the hell could he not see that blatant forward pass and crossing? If in any doubt he has to go to the TMO. France were allowed to lie on the wrong side of the ruck all the time, yet if Scotland even thought about doing something dodgey at rucktime we were pinged for it. Totally and utterly useless. Without him, I feel the score could have been quite different.

Though this does not excuse our inability to keep hold of the ball. In the first 10 minutes, and at small points throughout the game we should a bit of ability to hit angles with pace. But we dropped it, spun unecessarliy wide passes or just generally arsed it up.

Was progress from last week but our basic skills and discipline was shocking. Referee is an arsehole though.

ref was Irish so watch your mouth :p

the only call you can have any grievance with is not getting the yellow card after the counter attack where you decided to tap and go.

As it's been proven already the pass was flat, not forward and the tackler was not obstructed so right call for the try.

Bit like last week, Scotland come good in last 1/4. Scrum didn't cost them too much, made good breaks without enough support, and some of the pop passes to linebreakers in midfield were timed brilliantly.

Scotland have the elements, just need to keep the flow and add a bit of oomph like Wales under Gatland.

France disappointing. Not sure what went wrong. Maybe Beauxis.

p.s. French try was fine.

Best Scottish performance for some time. They were making real effort to throw the ball wide and run on at pace. Some great off-loading too.
On the not-so-good side way too many knock-ons and they were lucky not to concede a try from an intercept as their running was sometimes too flat with the French rush defence.
Both Evans brothers look a real prospect and it was just great to see Scotland breaking the line, playing with ambition and causing France real problems. If they can cut out some of the handling errors they'll certainly give England and Ireland a good run for their money.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 14 2009, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ref was Irish so watch your mouth :p[/b]

I assume he means Barnes the touch judge who told the ref to award the try. Definitely agree it should have gone to the TMO.

1. That was in no way shape or form a legal try.
2. Nallet should have been off, at least for 10 minutes for that trip. I hope as much as I can that he gets cited this week for it.
3. 7 (not going to attempt to spell it) should have been penalized about 4 times by my count, and got away with most of them.
4. Better than last week, I felt more optimistic watching it. We just need to sort out the state of our handling and we could be on our way to at least 2-3 wins next year.
5. If I was the person in charge of who referees matches, I wouldn't let that prick anywhere near a whistle for the rest of his life. Terrible refereeing.

Both teams had a decent match, Scotland were good (for Scotland).

it's been proven already there's no issue with the try, but keep on whingeing if it makes you feel better. :rolleyes:

No way was that Nallet incident a trip, just clutching at straws.

How about looking at your own ineptitudes before taking the easy option of blaming the ref.

No doubt An Tarbh will say it was flat till the cows come home, but I don't care what RTE says. It was a forward pass with obstruction - it was in no way what so ever a try. The defination of obstruction is stopping a player from playing the ball/man (or something like that) and the french boy did just that...he took our lad (southwell i think) out of the game.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (edinburgh_gunner @ Feb 14 2009, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
No doubt An Tarbh will say it was flat till the cows come home, but I don't care what RTE says. It was a forward pass with obstruction - it was in no way what so ever a try. The defination of obstruction is stopping a player from playing the ball/man (or something like that) and the french boy did just that...he took our lad (southwell i think) out of the game.[/b]

well it was a try, the pass was flat, unless you have doubts over a straight line not being straight, and the tackler was in no way impeded, he was able to get both hands around him with no impediment from Ouedrago.

The Townsend point is interesting. I remember Scotland trying to play like that back in early 2000's when they had Townsend and Leslie in the side. I went to the Autumn internationals and my main memory was Scotland going backwards every time they got the ball and looking utterly clueless as to how to break the line. They made the point on commentary when Barclay and Blair broke through that they had no-one near them - probably because the Scottish team simply aren't used to it.

Latest posts