France v Scotland

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
france.png
scotland.png

France v Scotland
</div>

Well they may have lost in Croke Park but in defeat they were more impressive than Wales and England in victory. Scant consolation I know but they should have more than enough ammunition to brush aside this Scottish side.

Scotland for their part travel on the back of an error strewn performance against a Welsh team that were never forced to find top gear. Worrying for Hadden on that front.

Should be a comprehensive French win if they play half as well as they did in Dublin but these fixtures have been closer than they should have been in recent years. Is this another game where a plucky performance will get the critics off Hadden's back?

maybe if he picks the right team this time. Throw the Evanseses straight in and Paterson did well when he came on.

Blair was a big disappointment.

Don't see it happening. France should win comfortably. Based on yesterday and today, I smell a cricket score.

Hahahahahahahaha....ah hahahahahahahaha...

hahahahaha ahahahahahahahahahahaha.,heee heheheheheeehehehehehehe

oh, god..god..ahaha..ha...ha..*breathes*

Scotland to win if they play the Evans brothers..

Scotland must make a few changes to their starting lineup to be in any way competitive. Even if they do make changes, France should be good enough for a 20 point win. If the same Scotland that played for the opening 50 minutes against Wales turns up, France could easily post 40+ points.

when it's expected of them they rarely put a score on teams, hopefully though Lievremont can find some way of getting a performance from his team on Saturday, there's still a championship up for grabs so points difference will be huge.

Dont really want to think about this game but the fact France lost yesterday will draw an even better performance out of them. For me its simple, pick the Evans brothers, start Strokosch, with Taylor going to the second row if Hines isnt back and somehow stop getting mullered in the scrum.

there does tend to be a backlash when they lose as we got in 2006 after Scotland beat them in Edinburgh. Again it's about hanging in while they're dominant and taking chances when they come, problem is for Scotland you struggle to see them taking those chances unless there's changes in personnel.

As good as Evans brothers are, I just don't think that they are the messiah people (notably Weegie fans) make them out to be. I rate Max, he's a natrual finisher and we neeed that, but let us not expect too much of him.

well looks like there's consistency of selection from Lievremont afterall, he's named the same 22 for the Scottish match with Lecouls the only doubt with a neck problem.

Certainly much better than Webster,Cairns,Morrison, and Southwell.

Seriously why was Webster on, hes so useless, hes not that fast,always falls over and is to weak for international rugby. Hadden made such a mess of the selection that we never stood a chance.

If France play the same way as they did against Ireland, Scotland will get a hammering. But then again how many times do France play the same in two matches after eachother?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gavin @ Feb 8 2009, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If France play the same way as they did against Ireland, Scotland will get a hammering. But then again how many times do France play the same in two matches after eachother?[/b]

slight difference though in that there is a point to prove for France, which I'd be more confident of them doing a job on the Scots

And the same team. And I'm sure their confidence will still be intact after losing that match.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Feb 8 2009, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
And the same team. And I'm sure their confidence will still be intact after losing that match.[/b]

they've got to take far more from that game in defeat than England will have in victory. It's what makes the Ireland performance yesterday all the more impressive the fact that France turned up and played.

How can you say Webster isn't fast or is too weak? While he knocked himself out doing it, he did put in a massive hit on Sunday and he does do it often for Scotland and Embra'. He's one of the few backs with a little bit of excitment about him!!!!

Cairns really only plays well alongside De Luca, perhaps cause Morrison is a one trick pony that just smashes it up. If some one creates half a gap for bairsny, he'll be in but Morrison just doesn't do it. Southwell actually played well, and has been for the past couple games for Edinburgh too.

Taken into account the probably omissions of Webster, Cross and Murray I'd play a team of:

1. Jacobson
2. Ford
3. Dickinson
4. Hines (if fit)
5. Hamilton
6. Strokosh (why he was omitted from the 22 is beyond me)
7. Barclay
8. Taylor

9. Blair
10. Godman

11. Evans
12. Morrisons
13. Cairns
14. Paterson

15. Southwell

I think Lamont didn't play badly but didn't impose himself on the game whereas Paterson came on and did that. Same with Evans.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (edinburgh_gunner @ Feb 9 2009, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How can you say Webster isn't fast or is too weak? While he knocked himself out doing it, he did put in a massive hit on Sunday and he does do it often for Scotland and Embra'. He's one of the few backs with a little bit of excitment about him!!!!

Cairns really only plays well alongside De Luca, perhaps cause Morrison is a one trick pony that just smashes it up. If some one creates half a gap for bairsny, he'll be in but Morrison just doesn't do it. Southwell actually played well, and has been for the past couple games for Edinburgh too.

Taken into account the probably omissions of Webster, Cross and Murray I'd play a team of:

1. Jacobson
2. Ford
3. Dickinson
4. Hines (if fit)
5. Hamilton
6. Strokosh (why he was omitted from the 22 is beyond me)
7. Barclay
8. Taylor

9. Blair
10. Godman

11. Evans
12. Morrisons
13. Cairns
14. Paterson

15. Southwell

I think Lamont didn't play badly but didn't impose himself on the game whereas Paterson came on and did that. Same with Evans.[/b]

would you not want to see both Evans play?

Latest posts