• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France v Scotland

It's not whinging, it was obstruction and a forward pass, I think it was marginally forward and no much of "oh some irish tv station drew a line..." will convince me otherwise. Wouldn't have meant we won the game in terms of the score, but I think we did have legit reason for that to be chalked off. At the very least that useless arse of a man who calls himself a referee should have gone to the TMO.

I think you're being a bit harsh on the ref. He was knocked over and clearly couldn't see so if the touch judge says "it's fine", not "I'm not sure check", then you don't undermine his opinion by saying we're going upstairs anyway. If it's anyone's fault then it's Barnes'. As I said before I felt it should have been referred but I'm not going to cite it as a reason for us losing the game. Let's face it France missed quite a few kicks as well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (edinburgh_gunner @ Feb 14 2009, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's not whinging, it was obstruction and a forward pass, I think it was marginally forward and no much of "oh some irish tv station drew a line..." will convince me otherwise. Wouldn't have meant we won the game in terms of the score, but I think we did have legit reason for that to be chalked off. At the very least that useless arse of a man who calls himself a referee should have gone to the TMO.[/b]

it's not some Irish tv station, it proves the point, the evidence is irrefutable the pass was flat, get over it.

9 point game, not bad at all by the Scotts :bravo: ,most people thought that they would get hammerd by the French

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 14 2009, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
as far as I know you only go to the video ref for incidents in the in goal area.[/b]

I'm sure I've heard a ref ask the TMO to check a pass leading to a try wasn't forward before.

Can go to the TMO for anythign in goal or the lead up to a try. Depends on what the ref asks; If it's "Is he in touch?" Won't matter if it was a forward pass in the build up. If he asks "Is there any reason why I cannot award the try?" Then it can be anything in the build up to the try, forward pass, fowl play etc etc

I don't think I'm being harsh on the referee. He's was totally useless throughout the entire match, it's a shame that no one thought to punt the ball right up his ring piece. I don't find it conclusive at all, the French boy was standing infront of him! No doubt if the shoe was on the other foot and it was Ireland who had lost that game you'd be the first to complain. You can have your opinion, I'll have mine. Not everyone needs to follow the words of An Tarbh thank you very much!!

Getting back to the game:

I thought our scrum faired better when Morray Low came on, Chunk had a decent game. Can't forgive Ford for c***ing up that throw in the corner though. Danielli started brightly and made a mess of it there after. Massive cheers in the bar when Paterson came on, but it was too little too late by that point. I still believe it is time for Hadden to go though...

I'll rant against a ref if it's justified, you're ranting for the wrong reasons, yes he got calls wrong but none of it cost Scotland, their own ineptitudes did.

Aye, but if he cannot get basic calls right then he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near an international match. We made mistakes, but that game was there for the taking and I think that the refreee played a big part in our defeat.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (edinburgh_gunner @ Feb 14 2009, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Aye, but if he cannot get basic calls right then he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near an international match. We made mistakes, but that game was there for the taking and I think that the refreee played a big part in our defeat.[/b]

20 plus errors said he didn't.

did he prevent the tackle from being made, no he didn't, for me that's not obstruction.

Just to add a bottom line under your bottom line John Inverdale just described the pass as "clearly forward" or something similar on the BBC coverage. I'm still yet to see a replay that actually shows a decent angle.

Our crossing rules are more stringent. It would definitely be getting looked at by the video referee.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Feb 14 2009, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Our crossing rules are more stringent. It would definitely be getting looked at by the video referee.[/b]

Would have been ruled out in league. But we seem to enjoy ruling out tries for nothing in league.
IMO the tackler wasn't impeded so in that respect it was a fair try. As for the pass.... some you win some you lose.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingwilko @ Feb 14 2009, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just to add a bottom line under your bottom line John Inverdale just described the pass as "clearly forward" or something similar on the BBC coverage. I'm still yet to see a replay that actually shows a decent angle.[/b]

Of course i always agree with John Inverdale B)

Nah the above angle clearly shows Quedrago in front of the offloader. It was a forward pass but France deserved to win even if their backline was gash.

After watching today's games, I really can't separate Wales and France for their encounter. France were poor and boring, a stark contrast to their performance against Ireland.
Scotland were lively and threatening, but simply aren't good enough to turn pressure into points.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Feb 14 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Nah the above angle clearly shows Quedrago in front of the offloader. It was a forward pass but France deserved to win even if their backline was gash.[/b]

I agree with you about Inverdale but all my post was doing was pointing out that it wasn't as clear-cut open-closed case as An Tarbh was suggesting.
My initital reaction was that it was forward and I was astonished he didn't at least go to the TMO. TMOs are supposed to stop debates like this.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingwilko @ Feb 15 2009, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Feb 14 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah the above angle clearly shows Quedrago in front of the offloader. It was a forward pass but France deserved to win even if their backline was gash.[/b]

I agree with you about Inverdale but all my post was doing was pointing out that it wasn't as clear-cut open-closed case as An Tarbh was suggesting.
My initital reaction was that it was forward and I was astonished he didn't at least go to the TMO. TMOs are supposed to stop debates like this.
[/b][/quote]
It looked forward on TV, but then there was another angle that made it look flat. It shouldn't go to TMO if touchjudge gives the nod - only when the officials on pitch don't have the evidence of their own eyes. Barnes had the evidence, so no fuss.

Can't see how he can have had the evidence when, from the replay, he's clearly well in front himself and not level.

Latest posts