• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France v Scotland

Good try but if that was my team I'd want the video referee to be checking the potential crossing.

No way that try should have been given, the final pass was forward. Most angles didn't show it, but hinted at it, the overhead camera congirmed it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Buceph @ Feb 14 2009, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
No way that try should have been given, the final pass was forward. Most angles didn't show it, but hinted at it, the overhead camera congirmed it.[/b]

I don't think it was, have just looked at the overhead one again and I think it was fine.

inevitable really, Blair was too slow to support him as he was pinged for the penalty.

Terrible,terrible,terrible, we've given them 13 pts and cant hold the ball. Crap again.

THe Scots are begin to tire a bit but nothing in the bag yet...If we score next it will look good.

This has gone away from Scotland now. They're going to pay for missing their earlier chances.

That's the big thing I don't get about rugby union. Why on earth did the Scots go for goal then? They're 13 down, they should have stuck it in a corner and gone for a try. Instead they've just totally ballsed up that kick and momentum has gone.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Feb 14 2009, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That's the big thing I don't get about rugby union. Why on earth did the Scots go for goal then? They're 13 down, they should have stuck it in a corner and gone for a try. Instead they've just totally ballsed up that kick and momentum has gone.[/b]

The 3 points soon mount up. If he'd kicked that and also opted to kick the last penalty they'd be within a converted try.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Feb 14 2009, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That's the big thing I don't get about rugby union. Why on earth did the Scots go for goal then? They're 13 down, they should have stuck it in a corner and gone for a try. Instead they've just totally ballsed up that kick and momentum has gone.[/b]

well they don't look like scoring tries so penalties are the only way they are gonna get points, and then they do what you're calling for and inevitably make a balls of it.

Latest posts