• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Frankie Dettori Racing / Melbourne Cup Challenge

N

NZL Fan

All about Sidhes soon to be released horse racing game.........

Post all of your comments/ask all those questions you have here!

(Please keep to topic, and post constructively)

Mario - can you tell us what plans there are prior to the release of the game??
(ie. footage, screenshots, in depth information).....

Are we still on for a November release??

Mario

will this have Makybe Diva, and Desert War - Tomorrows top 2 finishers in the cox (hint, hint, kept on topic, and gave a hot tip boys
<
)

<

For a game supposibly releasing in around a months time, and in a game genre that would require major promotion (Especially to educate English language countries who havn't tended to play "horse orientated" games) - we still have had very little information???

Surely a longer lead up advertising campaign was what was required here??

Comments??

I think your right on the money, NZL Fan. Promotion and release are really areas Sidhe have to work on with their ***les. I know it sounds like bagging them, but it's a consistent problem that needs to be addressed. I was talking to a friend today who is a casual gamer, doesn't play too many games, but he is a huge fan of New Zealand and Australian horse racing. What could I tell him about this game? It's ***le, what its features will roughly be and what formats will get this release. What was his first question? What could it possibly be?

WHEN can I buy this game? I told him it's hard to say at this stage, but I'm fairly sure it will be before the end of the year. Naturally not understanding anything about the development process, he was very surprised and dismayed that it wasn't going to be available in the week surrounding the Melbourne Cup. I think that reaction is only natural.

I believe we need to be well informed on this forum, and able to give some better information to people who we can help buy the product.

I tell him, he may tell three, they may tell two each and so on. From now on though, I'm not spreading the word untill theres better word to spread.

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Oct 22 2005, 07:49 PM
I think your right on the money, NZL Fan. Promotion and release are really areas Sidhe have to work on with their ***les. I know it sounds like bagging them, but it's a consistent problem that needs to be addressed. I was talking to a friend today who is a casual gamer, doesn't play too many games, but he is a huge fan of New Zealand and Australian horse racing. What could I tell him about this game? It's ***le, what its features will roughly be and what formats will get this release. What was his first question? What could it possibly be?

WHEN can I buy this game? I told him it's hard to say at this stage, but I'm fairly sure it will be before the end of the year. Naturally not understanding anything about the development process, he was very surprised and dismayed that it wasn't going to be available in the week surrounding the Melbourne Cup. I think that reaction is only natural.

I believe we need to be well informed on this forum, and able to give some better information to people who we can help buy the product.

I tell him, he may tell three, they may tell two each and so on. From now on though, I'm not spreading the word untill theres better word to spread.
Your thoughts seem on the right track - though SIDHE doesn't do the promotion work or release stuff - thats up to HES etc..............they are the ones that need to get some information out about the game.

Mario made a post I think on the melbourne cup forums that the game will not be releasing in november. He also said that their should be lots of promotion coming for it soon. This is pure speculation by me but I think the reason for melbourn cup getting delayed beyond november is because that when rugby league 2 is coming out. I could be wrong but going by the promotion etc for rugby league 2 it seems like it will be releasing in november. hopefully more info etco n melbourne cup challegnes comes out soon

Originally posted by esoj@Oct 23 2005, 12:09 PM
Mario made a post I think on the melbourne cup forums that the game will not be releasing in november. He also said that their should be lots of promotion coming for it soon. This is pure speculation by me but I think the reason for melbourn cup getting delayed beyond november is because that when rugby league 2 is coming out. I could be wrong but going by the promotion etc for rugby league 2 it seems like it will be releasing in november. hopefully more info etco n melbourne cup challegnes comes out soon
Potential delays in MCC have nothing to do with RL2. They are related to HES being able to secure some great new licenses to add to the game.

oh thanks mario. I was just taking a wild guess which I did say so in my post. thanks for clearing it up though. I am sure all the guys will be happy with more licenses

Sure will!

Hopefully, this will add even more depth to the ***le. Just still think we're a little undercooked for info on the game in general.

Originally posted by Mario+Oct 23 2005, 12:21 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Oct 23 2005, 12:21 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Oct 23 2005, 12:09 PM
Potential delays in MCC have nothing to do with RL2. They are related to HES being able to secure some great new licenses to add to the game. [/b]
Arn't licenses one of the "first" things they should have been trying to attain??

(leaving things a bit late in the piece)

well maybe nzL fan but mario did say new licenses so maybe it's extra ones that they don't have. negotations on these things can take time so maybe they are dragging on a bit or are taking time to implement into the game. unless mario replies this is my best guess. I think the mcc promotion etc will ramp up when rl 2 is pretty much out of Sidhe's hands.

Originally posted by esoj@Oct 24 2005, 02:47 PM
well maybe nzL fan but mario did say new licenses so maybe it's extra ones that they don't have. negotations on these things can take time so maybe they are dragging on a bit or are taking time to implement into the game. unless mario replies this is my best guess. I think the mcc promotion etc will ramp up when rl 2 is pretty much out of Sidhe's hands.
How long does the average game take to create?? - 18 months??........

.....would have thought that was plenty of time for HES to attain the necessary licences...........

I agree NZL, they should have already had all this in concrete before even slating a timeframe of release

I guess these late liscenses justify a delay

Liscense I can think of they would justify any delay

Official USA tracks
Official EURO tracks
Official Aussie tracks
Official NZ tracks
Official stables, like Freedman, Hayes, Hawkes, Cummings and Goldophin...with this would be classic horses from these stables - Octagonal etc
AJC - Official Jockeys, and others from offshore

Now I wouldnt have said any kind of release or even made the game public, untill all these were acquired - or atleast, if unable to get these, have an editor, and have the tracks, jockeys and stables and change the name of the ones required like PES5

I guess its a major liscense that would really make or break this game - especially if its an exclusive liscense that no other game of this genre has had

i see your guys points that it should have been done earlier but thats not to be. it hard to say why though without knowing how negotations are going or how many licenses they are getting

Originally posted by esoj@Oct 25 2005, 02:59 PM
i see your guys points that it should have been done earlier but thats not to be. it hard to say why though without knowing how negotations are going or how many licenses they are getting
thats right Esoj

Time to step up mario and spill the beans on our presumptions...avoid the rumour mill scenario, by feeding us FACTS

its only natural for humans to imaginate, when not given raw facts
its only natural for humans to tell humans their imaginative ways
then its only natural for a rumour to occur

Originally posted by ak47@Oct 25 2005, 03:18 PM
Time to step up mario and spill the beans on our presumptions...
You are mistaken if you think I will compromise our legally binding NDA for the sake of avoiding a rumour mill.

I'm doing what I can to get new info and media released. "Discussions" are being held on the matter.

Originally posted by Mario+Oct 26 2005, 04:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Oct 26 2005, 04:35 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Oct 25 2005, 03:18 PM
Time to step up mario and spill the beans on our presumptions...
You are mistaken if you think I will compromise our legally binding NDA for the sake of avoiding a rumour mill.

I'm doing what I can to get new info and media released. "Discussions" are being held on the matter. [/b]
whats so confidential and secret about it

i do not understand once a game is announced, the nooks and crannies inside, need to be withheld for x period of time

sure your in a legal binding agreement to keep quiet

but why?

is it critical that competition are kept in the dark, so they dont copy ideas?

I'm kinda with you on your sentiments AK, but I believe the real reason that nothing is coming out about this game is that they are soooo far behind the eight ball with it, that they are trying to avoid the RL2 scenario where they have released damn near all the info and hype, and have no actual release date to speak of even two months after they should have.

SJRL was an average game at best, and even Sanzar merely says it was a good to very good game, and he's a league nut. No offense, Sanzar.
My point is, I'm beginning to think that both RL2 and MCC are not going to be all their cracked up to be, and will fill the 7 out of 10 rating area from most reviewers. No surprise then, that the high reviews so far for RL2, have been from reviewers given an exclusive trial. There's no demo out there for us to judge it on.

Instant Sidhe Release Date - Just add three months.

This is a consistent pattern, thats the only reason, I'm saying what I'm saying.

I know esoj will be on my case over this, but he sounds like one of their PR men anyway.

Latest posts