• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

French International Prop For Munster

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
S

snoopy snoopy dog dog

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
http://munsterrugby.ie/9777.php

Following on from the acquisition of Springboks centre Jean de Villiers, Munster today completed their squad for the coming season with the signing of French international prop Julien Brugnaut from Dax, subject to medical clearance. The 27 year old prop, who previously played with Montpelier won the first of his two international caps against Scotland in Febuary 2008 in the RBS Six Nations at Murrayfield with the second following six days later as a replacement against Ireland at Stade de France. From Lille in northern France, the 6ft, nineteen and half stone Brugnaut travelled to Ireland yesterday with his agent Miguel Fernandez to meet Munster officials and took little time to agree terms. "I was immediately impressed with what I saw and heard. It is a very professional set-up. I am of course well aware of Munster and their great history in the Heineken Cup and I am very happy to be joining them and looking forward to the challenge."

Brugnaut has agreed a one year deal with an option for a second season. He returned home earlier this afternoon and is expected to join up with the squad next week.

Munster CEO Garrett Fitzgerald speaking of the ground breaking deal commented, "It is the first time we have had a French international in the squad. We are delighted to be able to attract a player of Julien's quality and I believe it is a move that will reap dividends for both Munster and the player himself."[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Jul 29 2009, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
http://munsterrugby.ie/9777.php

Following on from the acquisition of Springboks centre Jean de Villiers, Munster today completed their squad for the coming season with the signing of French international prop Julien Brugnaut from Dax, subject to medical clearance. The 27 year old prop, who previously played with Montpelier won the first of his two international caps against Scotland in Febuary 2008 in the RBS Six Nations at Murrayfield with the second following six days later as a replacement against Ireland at Stade de France. From Lille in northern France, the 6ft, nineteen and half stone Brugnaut travelled to Ireland yesterday with his agent Miguel Fernandez to meet Munster officials and took little time to agree terms. "I was immediately impressed with what I saw and heard. It is a very professional set-up. I am of course well aware of Munster and their great history in the Heineken Cup and I am very happy to be joining them and looking forward to the challenge."

Brugnaut has agreed a one year deal with an option for a second season. He returned home earlier this afternoon and is expected to join up with the squad next week.

Munster CEO Garrett Fitzgerald speaking of the ground breaking deal commented, "It is the first time we have had a French international in the squad. We are delighted to be able to attract a player of Julien's quality and I believe it is a move that will reap dividends for both Munster and the player himself."[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Very nice deal for Munster. Brugnaut has only been improving in the last seasons, and as Dax are playing in D2 next year, he didn't have a club, so Munster probably won't give him a huge salary. It's going to be a great adventure for him, but will he have enough game time to make his point?

He should get a decent bit to be fair. Hayes and Horan aren't the youngest(esp Hayes) and pucciarello is gone. Couple that with the inability to scrum of Tony Buckley and Denis Hurley still being a bit raw means he should get enough to keep him in contention for the French setup

1 or 3 or both?

Either way, good news. We are building a savage squad, numerous options in almost every position, great to see.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Jul 30 2009, 06:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
He should get a decent bit to be fair. Hayes and Horan aren't the youngest(esp Hayes) and pucciarello is gone. Couple that with the inability to scrum of Tony Buckley and Denis Hurley still being a bit raw means he should get enough to keep him in contention for the French setup[/b]

I was personally impressed with Buckley in the Churchill Cup for Ireland A. He seemed to be able to scrum there. However he is tall for a frontrower (I have the same problem as I usually get put there too).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Jul 30 2009, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
He should get a decent bit to be fair. Hayes and Horan aren't the youngest(esp Hayes) and pucciarello is gone. Couple that with the inability to scrum of Tony Buckley and Denis Hurley still being a bit raw means he should get enough to keep him in contention for the French setup[/b]

Well it's en even better deal for Munster then, as Brugnaut is a rock-solid scrummager. He was trained in the old-school Dax front row style, which has always been very impressive over the years. I remember their scrum destroying the Paris scrum last year...
He can play both 1 and 3

But can he hang around on the wing and score enough tries to make up for all those penalties? ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jul 30 2009, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
But can he hang around on the wing and score enough tries to make up for all those penalties? ;)[/b]

Sadly it comes wit the Dax package :lol: What do you expect from a french prop anyway?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jul 31 2009, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jul 30 2009, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But can he hang around on the wing and score enough tries to make up for all those penalties? ;)[/b]

Sadly it comes wit the Dax package :lol: What do you expect from a french prop anyway?
[/b][/quote]
He's a perfect replacement for Marcus Horan!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jul 30 2009, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Jul 30 2009, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well it's en even better deal for Munster then, as Brugnaut is a rock-solid scrummager. He was trained in the old-school Dax front row style, which has always been very impressive over the years. I remember their scrum destroying the Paris scrum last year...
He can play both 1 and 3
[/b][/quote]

It was two years ago, last year it was the opposite, Paris scrums remembered and destroyed Dax front row.

Brugnaut was also destroyed when he played against Ireland last year in Paris, not saying much when you get into serious trouble against the Irish front row, despite their obvious improvements.

he's always struck me as a lazy *******, no doubt there's potential there for him to be a replacement for Hayes but more often than not he flatters to deceive. I know he struggled last season cause of his pneumonia so I'll cut him some slack, but you'd definitely be looking for a marked improvement this season, maybe signing Brugnaut could be the kick up the arse he needs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Jul 31 2009, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What do you see as Tony Buckley's actual problem?[/b]

I think he just doesn't like scrummaging to be honest, it's more of a distraction that stops him playing his game.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Jul 31 2009, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Jul 31 2009, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think he just doesn't like scrummaging to be honest, it's more of a distraction that stops him playing his game.
[/b][/quote]
He also dislikes hard work. He reminds me a little of Malcolm O'Kelly in that he has bags of talent but needs a kick up the arse every couple of months so that he doesn't fall into bad habits. Buclkey can be a destructive presence at rucks, has the power to be an exceptional lineout lifter and isn't bad with ball in hand or defensively. He's solid in the scrum if the mood takes him though he'll never be top class in that department.

It's not worthy of it's own thread but Munster made another addition to their squad yesterday. Danny Riordan signed from Connacht on a short term deal having impressed during a recent trial spell. He has issues with his confidence and is poor defensively but could be a decent addition as a backup winger.

Once we get rid of all the Bradley he'll be a fine player! Wasn't he a very highly rated youngster not too long ago?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Aug 1 2009, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Jul 31 2009, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Jul 31 2009, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
He also dislikes hard work. He reminds me a little of Malcolm O'Kelly in that he has bags of talent but needs a kick up the arse every couple of months so that he doesn't fall into bad habits. Buclkey can be a destructive presence at rucks, has the power to be an exceptional lineout lifter and isn't bad with ball in hand or defensively. He's solid in the scrum if the mood takes him though he'll never be top class in that department.

It's not worthy of it's own thread but Munster made another addition to their squad yesterday. Danny Riordan signed from Connacht on a short term deal having impressed during a recent trial spell. He has issues with his confidence and is poor defensively but could be a decent addition as a backup winger.
[/b][/quote]
he is a great counter rucker though one of the best i have seen

Latest posts