• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Frozen Britain

S

shtove

_47061196_greatbritainjpg.jpg

But Al Gore told me that by 2010 the world's sea levels would've raised by 178m and the worlds average tempature would be 79 degrees celsius.

Bah!
Thats nothing! I remember the great snow of 1963!
Snowed into your house! You could safely climb out the second storey window with only a couple of feet to drop before you are on a snowy surface.

Bunch of pussies! Todays Britain cant handle a bit of ice and a flake of snow!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Jan 7 2010, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sucks to be there![/b]

Sucks to listen to the same f***ing news items everyday, "Woe is us! Woe is us! When will this horror end?!"

Trying to make martyrs out of us, "In certain places of the UK today the temperature was just 2 degrees higher than that of the north pole!"

****! OFF!

Well -15 or -16, which it is here tonight is nothing to sniff at. Makes it all the worse when you wake up in the morning with frost on the insides of the bedroom window! Pijamas, socks and a hot water bottle is required lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Jan 8 2010, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Bah!
Thats nothing! I remember the great snow of 1963!
Snowed into your house! You could safely climb out the second storey window with only a couple of feet to drop before you are on a snowy surface.

Bunch of pussies! Todays Britain cant handle a bit of ice and a flake of snow![/b]
I remember the Great Snow of 1922. I reached down to pick up a shiny farthing and ended up falling down a chimney stack. The children thought I was there to give them presents, so I clubbed them to death with my wooden leg. I still have that farthing.

That's a great map. Mainly because the annoying Western Isle is covered by cloud and for a minute I can think they're not actually there...

Its not that cold... We still don't have the heating on in our place and I am still using the summer duvet...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (getofmeland @ Jan 8 2010, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Its not that cold... We still don't have the heating on in our place and I am still using the summer duvet...[/b]

Windchill made it -12 here last night.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 8 2010, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (getofmeland @ Jan 8 2010, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its not that cold... We still don't have the heating on in our place and I am still using the summer duvet...[/b]

Windchill made it -12 here last night.
[/b][/quote]

-16 at Yeovilton(Yeovil) yesterday!
-10 at Hurn (Bournemouth) Yesterday

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 8 2010, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have 2 Electric heaters permanently on here.[/b]

Think of the electricity bill... also your actually making it worse because your adding to the global warming (cooling) effect!

Latest posts