• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Funniest fight in a game...

E

edinburgh_gunner

Was playing against Murrayfield Wanderers yesterday and after a bit of an argument and pushing and shoving a fight broke out between one of our second rows and one of their players. You may think that with them being forwards, it would be a manly fight with punching and kicking. But no. It was slapping, and very VERY gay slapping at that. He's the only player we can think of that's been sent off for slapping in the history of Currie Colts. So what embarrasing fights have you seen or been involved with? Whats the campest thing you've ever seen on a rugby pitch?

This isn't quite a fight, but during England vs Scotland last year the ref blew the whistle just in the England 22 and was about to say that Scotland were holding on or something.

Anyway, Lewis Moody, out of nowhere just got up, ran and with an excited squeal that only a hyperactive five year old shouted "I WANNA PLAY TOO!" and tackled a Scotland player from behind.

Everyone (England, Scotland and the Ref) just stood there, staring at the poor Moodster saying "err...Lewis...what was that about?"

We had a player sin-binned once for pulling an opposition guy's hair in the maul. Didn't let that one go for a while.

The funniest sort of fight I remember, is during a Cardiff Blues match against the Scarlets last year.. A scarlets supporter, who was a big tub of lard squared up to 67 All Black test veteran Jonah Lomu.. That guy had no chance if a fight had broken out.. Jonah would have boiled him and ate him with toasted solders..

I can't remember who it was against but one of their lot must have done something 'cause one of our forwards dragged a player out of a maul and just pushed his face into the dirt for a random amount of time until deciding justice had been done.

It was just so off-the-wall 'cause the maul rolled on and we scored but we were all looking at this guy administer justice thinking "Erm....what's all this about" until the guy got up and calmly walk over to congratulate his team-mates for scoring.

In the last match I played two of the opposition players got sent off for fighting each other, which was a tad on the odd side (sad thing is we still lost 7-nil) :(

One of my friends played in a Mens league with brother because they were one short, and he's a big guy so he was playing prop. Anyway, he managed to separate his shoulder pretty bad. His brother took exception to the guy who did it and basically tackled him and two fisted him in the face. When the ref went to sin bin him he flipped him the bird, told him to f-off and that he had to take his brother to the hospital anyway.

On another note, I remember there was a fight a few years back involving Wendall Sailor and someone else. They went toe to toe and were throwing bombs. Probably at least 6 or 7 thrown by each of them, the only thing was they didn't land a single punch. It was the best no contact fight I'd ever seen.

Well... fights... how did I missed this thread earlier? anyway.. funniest one was when we played this visiting Welsh team.. I forgot what they're called, but anyway, they were ****.. so this prop of theirs, is a mental case for sure... in rucks, he actually tried to scratch my face... for what I do not know :S then he deliberately late n high tackled our flyhalf.. I sumhow noticed this from the other side of the pitch, went flying and smashed his kidneys... :) we were tugging and pushing on the floor, he punched me, I slapped him.. :p and ref came and separate us.. he was carried off the field. I got a yellow and laughed my ass off...

I cant remember the exact details but i rember i guy done a haymaker punch to Kevin Mealamu and made full contact square on his face. Unfortunately (Or fortunately) it had no effect and Mealamu shrugged the punch off as if a flie landed on his face. I cant remember what happened afterwards but I bet that guy (who punched him) was ******** his pants lmao.

One of my teamates got into a fight with another player and then got into a fight with the referee and he eventually punched the referee in the face.

One of my teamates got into a fight with another player and then got into a fight with the referee and he eventually punched the referee in the face.
[/b]

I bet that ref is not like me... I'm a lovable ref.. :)

But no. It was slapping, and very VERY gay slapping at that. He's the only player we can think of that's been sent off for slapping in the history of Currie Colts. So what embarrasing fights have you seen or been involved with? Whats the campest thing you've ever seen on a rugby pitch?
[/b]

Your coach should drop him for fighting like a girl :p

The campest thing I've ever seen is one of our fullbacks who has a pair of ridiculous pink undershorts that stick out a mile away.

Our openside flanker is 5'7" and weighs about 80kgs dripping wet but last season he picked a fight with an opposition prop that king hit him in a ruck, our man gets up, uppercuts the prop knocking him backwards into another of our players who then pushed him in the back. The prop trips over and falls onto our flankers knee. The ref produces a yellow on our flanker for kneeing the prop in the head, not the uppercut but the prop falling onto his knee.

This is by far the worst fight in sporting history...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HjXEnG74JTQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HjXEnG74JTQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
the first punch wasnt that bad but then what the hell was that afterwards?

:Blinky: :Blinky: :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

There was this club game in Fiji between two traditional rivals...now the ref was a former amateur boxing champ and he was starting to be ****** off with all the small scuffles and backchat from players.

With about 20mins left, he penalised a player for an offence and thise certain player swore at the ref - something about his mother - ...next thing we see is the ref landing uppercuts to this player, then chasing him around the field until he was restrained by the other players.

Latest posts