• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gaa Ps2 Game

C

cavan

Well, my little bro has. I reckon it'll be fun for five mins then quickly bugs will become apparent. It's gonna sell very well though. Hopefully a follow up will arrive later on.

My first game is gonna be the Breffni County versus the Royals. I'm hoping to avoid any straw digs their shower give out and bomb the ball into Fat Larry and his chums.
<

Aaah cool.

I have watched a bit of a game on telly the one time, not too bad actually.

I could compare to football/poofball without trouble, but mind you which sports CAN'T you compare to football/poofball.

Pre-ordered it from Gameseek for £29.99 & free P&P... seems like a better deal then the extortionate £40/â'¬60 mark-ups in local shops round here.

I agree that it prob will be fun for the first 5 mins, before it becomes bogged down in a plethora of bugs

... I had got one of the AFL games a year or two ago, a cheapy buy, as a substitute for the GAA and it served its purpose for a while

First game? ... The Erne minnows of Fermanagh versus the mighty Hatchet-Men - another opportunity to "pretend" we have an opportunity to beat one of the big boys - shame there is no chance of having the dulcid tones of Pat Spillane in the background when the end of match highlights are running... "If thats a good advertisment of Ulster football, then I'm a German..."

Very interested in how the commentary is gonna pan out - would be a shame to have Micheal O' Muircheartaigh not done properly

from a poster on gaaboard.com:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
its worse than my first impressions. game play pure shite. game doesnt flow. figures are robotic. figures are tiny on the screen. no advice on how exactly you're supposed to aim kicks/shots. scoring or getting a shot in is difficult.
very disappointing.

on a brighter note, armagh are rated as the best team on 97 out of a hundred with the nearest chaleengers tyrone and kerry on 94! [/b]

Looks good, huh!

Another amusing post:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
The team strategies are apparently:
Blanket Defence - as used by Ulster Teams started by Armagh back in 1998.

Swarm Defence - This is a modification of the Blanket Defence,
perfected by Tyrone, works best if all your players are small and can
make a buzzing sound when tackling.

Basketball - Style perfected by Donegal and Derry in early 90's, very
successful, not actually Gaelic Football according to many jealous
commentators of the era!

Purist Football - Football as played by Kerry, Mick O'Connell was the
best exponent of this art - comprises kicking the ball 100yds down the
field with a hob nail boot, full forward engages the full back in a
fight, winner catches ball - may score goal cos the keepers are even
worse than in FIFA with this mode!

Meath - this tactic has been restricted to the over 18 version for
obvious reasons.[/b]

The Basketball style was funny shite back in the day. Donegal 92 springs to mind.

That's a shame.

A Gaelic Football game of high quality would be very entertaining. Very rare I get the chance to see it but when I do it is very entertaining.

Us GAA fans are about 5 years behind in terms of computer game devlopment from Rugby!

I wouldn't be so sure about that - Rugby 2004 took rugby gaming back ten years!
<

Originally posted by cavan@Nov 10 2005, 07:52 AM
from a poster on gaaboard.com:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
its worse than my first impressions. game play pure shite. game doesnt flow. figures are robotic. figures are tiny on the screen. no advice on how exactly you're supposed to aim kicks/shots. scoring or getting a shot in is difficult.
very disappointing.

on a brighter note, armagh are rated as the best team on 97 out of a hundred with the nearest chaleengers tyrone and kerry on 94! 

Looks good, huh! [/b][/quote]

.... eh ... I'll give it a lash anyways

May be a good omen that gameseek have rejected my credit card ! I'm gonna go buy it in GAME and if its shite leave it back within 10 days for a full refund; and if it is anyway playable I'll still leave it back but buy in online for a cheaper price

I'm willing to accept its no Pro Evo 5 (but then what is or will ever be?), but if the basics are kinda there and intact, it might get away with it - my need for a GAA game can do wonders for blinding out the obvious failings

Latest posts