Gaa Ps2 Game

Discussion in 'General Gaming Chat' started by cavan, Nov 9, 2005.

1. cavan

cavan Guest

Well, my little bro has. I reckon it'll be fun for five mins then quickly bugs will become apparent. It's gonna sell very well though. Hopefully a follow up will arrive later on.

My first game is gonna be the Breffni County versus the Royals. I'm hoping to avoid any straw digs their shower give out and bomb the ball into Fat Larry and his chums. [​IMG]

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. cavan

cavan Guest

4. Aaah cool.

I have watched a bit of a game on telly the one time, not too bad actually.

I could compare to football/poofball without trouble, but mind you which sports CAN'T you compare to football/poofball.

5. raziel_eire

raziel_eire Guest

Pre-ordered it from Gameseek for £29.99 & free P&P... seems like a better deal then the extortionate £40/€60 mark-ups in local shops round here.

I agree that it prob will be fun for the first 5 mins, before it becomes bogged down in a plethora of bugs

... I had got one of the AFL games a year or two ago, a cheapy buy, as a substitute for the GAA and it served its purpose for a while

First game? ... The Erne minnows of Fermanagh versus the mighty Hatchet-Men - another opportunity to "pretend" we have an opportunity to beat one of the big boys - shame there is no chance of having the dulcid tones of Pat Spillane in the background when the end of match highlights are running... "If thats a good advertisment of Ulster football, then I'm a German..."

Very interested in how the commentary is gonna pan out - would be a shame to have Micheal O' Muircheartaigh not done properly

6. cavan

cavan Guest

from a poster on gaaboard.com:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Looks good, huh!

7. cavan

cavan Guest

Another amusing post:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    The Basketball style was funny shite back in the day. Donegal 92 springs to mind.

8. That's a shame.

A Gaelic Football game of high quality would be very entertaining. Very rare I get the chance to see it but when I do it is very entertaining.

9. cavan

cavan Guest

Us GAA fans are about 5 years behind in terms of computer game devlopment from Rugby!

10. I wouldn't be so sure about that - Rugby 2004 took rugby gaming back ten years! [​IMG]

11. woosaah

woosaah Guest

and 2005 was only a step forward by about 1/2 a year

12. Really, that much? [​IMG]

13. raziel_eire

raziel_eire Guest

Looks good, huh! [/b][/quote]

.... eh ... I'll give it a lash anyways

May be a good omen that gameseek have rejected my credit card ! I'm gonna go buy it in GAME and if its shite leave it back within 10 days for a full refund; and if it is anyway playable I'll still leave it back but buy in online for a cheaper price

I'm willing to accept its no Pro Evo 5 (but then what is or will ever be?), but if the basics are kinda there and intact, it might get away with it - my need for a GAA game can do wonders for blinding out the obvious failings

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!