• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Game of Thrones Discussion [SPOILERS]

E: His eyes are blue.

T: My eyes have always been blue.

Lol.

Good opener i thought; sets it up nicely for the next one. More of a reunion episode after being away so long. Shame they aren't all an hour and 20 each in length. The first two will fly by.

Last edited:
Jon doesn't mention it, Sam does making him and Jon fall out, Danerys refuses to believe him splitting up her and Jon but in the final battle shenscarifices herself for Jon and has a Boromir moment calling Jon her king. Jon becomes King of Seven Kingdoms

Will be interesting to see how Jon proves it though, guessing something to do with Fire.

Can't really say "Oi You know that guy you ****** off by killing his family, well he tells me I'm really the King and you have to give me your crown and army."

When he opened his eyes I was spooked, when he started screaming I absolutely bricked it.

I was surprised by how little the plot actually developed. It's not a complaint, I enjoy all of the character development but I just can't see how they're going to fit in everything else into 5 episodes and still make it satisfactory.

Also I would've happily seen the CGI budget used for the dragon scene spent on elephants instead.

Loved Arya and Jon's reunion.

Dany is not going to believe Jon when he tells her it was Sam told he is Aegon, especially after what she did to his father and brother. But she did give Bran a look of WTF when he said that the Night-king had her other dragon like how could he know that. So it will probably him who ends up convincing her.

Bran strikes as a guy who prob gives zero fucks if Dany believes it or not.

Let's be serious he could've told Jon instead of Sam.
And why did Bran choose the time where Sam is the most emotional and when he has most aggressive feelings towards Dany to do it? The guy was literally waiting for him because he knew what Dany was telling Sam at that time.

That emotionless Mofo has a plan.

i enjoyed the episode but it did feel like jon finding out who he is was the only step forward the plot actually made...the rest was just almost everyone arriving at Winterfell, in kings landing we merely SAW what we knew was happening, the arrival of the golden company and we got to see who survived the fall of the wall, it flew by, even the wife was surprised it was over

Bran obviously has business with Jaime, and I don't think it's anything to do with the push.

He's been really adamant he's not Bran anymore, but the three eyed raven.

Also it took me a while to realise he was waiting for Jaime in the courtyard, when he said "I'm waiting for an old friend" I thought he meant Sam or Jon or something and was just being weird

It did go quick ill give you that. Still wierd seeing everyone from jon snow to dani to the hound to gendri and everyone inbetween all in one place rather than ten different storylines. Like a comicbook cross over.

Bran obviously has business with Jaime, and I don't think it's anything to do with the push.

He's been really adamant he's not Bran anymore, but the three eyed raven.

Also it took me a while to realise he was waiting for Jaime in the courtyard, when he said "I'm waiting for an old friend" I thought he meant Sam or Jon or something and was just being weird
i missed that! i mean i heard him say it but didnt click

Really enjoyed how the opening of the episode mirrored Robert's arrival at Winterfell in the first episode - young kid scrambling up to get a better view as the royalty / soldiers march towards the castle, exact same music etc.

Rewatched the first series not too long ago and did think to myself that they barely use that song again at all, so was a nice little throwback.

All in all a decent establishing episode, but as others have said little bit worried at how much they have to cram into the next 5 episodes...

Wont lie I read a text leak for episode 1 on Reddit that I thought was bullshit but it was spot on in every department so.... Beware
Wasn't a huge fan of the ep maybe because of that. I understand they have to do this stuff with so many characters reuniting but it all felt so rushed. No idea why HBO would rush a cash cow they've spent years meticulously building up but let's hope they don't. Hope they knock the next five out of the park!.

I'm one of the few persons on Earth who hasn't seen Game Of Thrones, not even one episode. I'll binge watch it later like I did with The Sopranos after it finished it's original run.

I'm one of the few persons on Earth who hasn't seen Game Of Thrones, not even one episode. I'll binge watch it later like I did with The Sopranos after it finished it's original run.
You'll really struggle to avoid the ending being spoiled on you I'd say!

Latest posts